Atlus Localizing SMT: Devil Survivor for the DS!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Atlus Localizing SMT: Devil Survivor for the DS!
Confirmed by Atlus
devilsurvivor-screens-05.jpg

It's been confirmed, folks. Atlus has announced that they are indeed bringing Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor to North America. You can look forward to kicking some demon booty on June 23rd, 2009 (just like Amazon predicted...), so mark your calendars! A little info on the game:

Siliconera said:
Devil Survivor is the first Shin Megami Tensei game for the Nintendo DS and unlike the other games it’s a sort of like a strategy RPG. Players move COMPS, teenage demon tamers, and their fiendish friends on an isometric grid, but when it’s time to fight combat switches into a turn based RPG.

Atlus USA Teaser Trailer

Screenshots
devilsurvivor-screens-01.jpg
devilsurvivor-screens-02.jpg
devilsurvivor-screens-03.jpg
devilsurvivor-screens-04.jpg
devilsurvivor-screens-06.jpg
devilsurvivor-screens-08.jpg

icon11.gif
 Source (Siliconera)

Rommstain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Canonbeat234 said:
Good but what about Knights of the Nightmare?
"Knights in the Nightmare"
Yeah, they're doing it, the info was leaked some time ago (including the SMT:Ds translation announcement)
See: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132082&st=0

Among those screens there's one that reminds me of the nes\snes-era SMT games. Ah, the feeling of nostalgia!

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An SRPG, hmm... That's a shame, this may be the first SMT since Nocturne that I'll have to skip. That and the fact that these character designs instantly shoved Disgaea in my head and that's a huge turn off for me.

I mean if Atlus is just gonna make another SRPG... Why can't just make another press-turn based RPG instead with some kind of expanded system!? I loved the reward/penalty battle system SMT: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 had but eh.

Guess it doesn't really even matter since Circuit City's warranty program stole my DS then promptly died as a company.

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll check this out (since I've never bothered to play a SMT game before), but if the trailer's any indication, the soundtrack may end up driving me insane. It sounds a lot like the music in The World Ends With You, and I got to hating that pretty quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol