OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
._.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could someone help me?
Only things you need is BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main.bin, BOOT0.bin, TSEC & SBK Key from a nand dump.

Written in pure C#, no hactool.exe needed, comes with source code.
- link removed, get updated version here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-layeredfs.507653/page-2#post-8059831
- copy BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main.bin & BOOT0.bin into "Data" dir
- run KeyDumper.exe
- enter SBK, TSEC and optional SD SEED (you can also edit the Settings.ini)
- the program should generate a keys.txt and decrypt all needed files
- now run KernelPatcher.exe, it will use the decrypted Kernel.bin and generate a kernel-patched.bin

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there is no reason to stay on lower firmware...maybe these things are supporting highest firmware for a reason? yes, you have a CHANCE at a coldboot before people on higher firmwares, but that's it....latest firmware can play all games, access eShop, play games online....UPDATE! Nintendo CANNOT patch RCM on current hardware....all you're doing is holding yourself back by not updating...what are you going to do when a game comes out that you REALLY want to play?
As true as this viewpoint currently sounds, I still reckon 1.0.0 holders will see a benefit in the long term in some fashion.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So it crashs your Switch before HorizonOS is booted ?
Did you trys if fs_mitm.kip works without a patched kernel (OS should boot) ?

Can confirm that it doesn't even boot without a patched kernel. I only know of the one fs_mitm.kip that's floating around though. Could you point me in the right direction if there's an alternative?

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can confirm that it doesn't even boot without a patched kernel. I only know of the one fs_mitm.kip that's floating around though. Could you point me in the right direction if there's an alternative?

The kernel patch adds a new feature, that fs_mitm.kip needs to work, so for 3.x and lower fs_mitm does not work.
I may know why, 4.x changed some apis and newer homebrew (like WAIN dumper) also doesn't work on 3.x or lower.

So for 1.x - 3.x you need to wait for Emunand or an updated layeredfs, kernel patch alone is not enough to make it working!

Reactions: MonMonz

MonMonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
The kernel patch adds a new feature, that fs_mitm.kip needs to work, so for 3.x and lower fs_mitm does not work.
I may know why, 4.x changed some apis and newer homebrew (like WAIN dumper) also doesn't work on 3.x or lower.

So for 1.x - 3.x you need to wait for Emunand or an updated layeredfs, kernel patch alone is not enough to make it working!
i hope then layeredfs gets updated soon
thanks so much for your effort

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- Unpack the 7z to a folder, like "C:\SwitchToolbox v1.0.0.2\"
- Copy BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main.bin & BOOT0.bin into "C:\SwitchToolbox v1.0.0.2\Data\"
- run KeyDumper.exe
- enter SBK & TSEC key
- wait till dumping is finished, there should be a new folder: "C:\SwitchToolbox v1.0.0.2\Data\package2\"
- if you got this far, you can run KernelPatcher.exe
- It should create "kernel-patched.bin" if you use a 3.x - 5.x nand dump
- use that file with hekate-ipl

No, XCI dumps are encrypted, you need to decrypt them to use layeredfs.

So it crashs your Switch before HorizonOS is booted ?
Did you trys if fs_mitm.kip works without a patched kernel (OS should boot) ?

Thank you... Tested the following and it works
Donor: Stardew Valley
Puyo Puyo Tetris
FW: 4.1

Following doesn't work;
Donor: Stardew Valley
1-2 Switch
FW: 4.1

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: