• Start date
  • Views 5,204
  • Replies 27
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-368796

OP
You had me up until this part. You want everyone to share equally in the cost, except for yourself. Is that like a finders fee? Just shell out the money for one game, god damn you. Nintendo deserves at least that much. The entire Nintendo catalog is not worth a single dollar to you?
Whoa dude. Either I am misunderstanding your post, or you have clearly misunderstood my stance. Have you read any of the other comments I've made on this forum?
I was not trying to get a free game, as it seems several are accusing me of. I do not really have any desire to play Puyo, and I thought many others would not either. Hence why I made the offer so we all don't have to shell out $55+ for a game we will never play.
Based on my previous replies in this section, I think I've made it pretty clear that I have a heart and take everyone's perspective into consideration. Including Nintendo.
I've gone even as far as to defend them on occasion when I felt they were being falsely accused as well.

You forget something kind of important. There is no persistent hax. You need the cart _every time_.
Not if there is an persistent exploit that needs to be installed, or CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure who you were replying to. Mind elaborating?

Last edited by ,

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd like to throw out a proposition. A cheaper way for those of us on 1.0 to utilize the entry point for the browser.

The idea: I would import a copy of that specific game that has the browser entry point, and mail it around to all of those who need it for their 1.0 consoles.
( I am intentionally not mentioning the name of the game for bot and website scraping reasons. Scalpers are rampant with Nintendo related items. )
Everyone that uses the cart would in part pay a small portion of the cost.
At around 9-10 members, the cost would be ~$5 each. The more people that want to do this, the cheaper it would be for all. At 20 members, we would be below $3.

Each member would be responsible for shipping the cart to the next member
. The previous member would be covering the shipping cost to you. This could be as low as $2.xx
Unfortunately, this would have to be a USA only offer, as cross-border freight costs would be prohibitive.
If members in other countries would like to take part in something similar, they would need to organize an agreement for their area.

Now this all depends greatly on how CFW and homebrew is implemented. But if the cart is only needed once, just to install an exploit or CFW, then no one would need the cart beyond that one time use.
This thread is only to see if there is enough interest to be worthwhile. If there is interest, and once something substantial is released, we can then decide if this method would be sensible.

I do not know if this is a good or bad idea. Was thinking of ideas that could benefit the GBAtemp community, and this thought crossed my mind.
Comment below if this is of interest to you. We need to gauge if this option is worth considering.

I live in the Netherlands... probably gonna cost more then 5 bucks :(

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa dude. Either I am misunderstanding your post, or you have clearly misunderstood my stance. Have you read any of the other comments I've made on this forum?
I was not trying to get a free game, as it seems several are accusing me of. I do not really have any desire to play Puyo, and I thought many others would not either. Hence why I made the offer so we all don't have to shell out $55+ for a game we will never play.
Based on my previous replies in this section, I think I've made it pretty clear that I have a heart and take everyone's perspective into consideration. Including Nintendo.
I've gone even as far as to defend them on occasion when I felt they were being falsely accused as well.

I did not conclude that you wanted one game for free, I concluded that you wanted Nintendo's entire catalog for free. If you are not planning to contribute your fair share of the game's actual cost besides shipping, as you stated before in the text I put in bold letters, then that is what you seem to be planning on getting. Every game... for the Switch... for free. I did not mean to imply your master plan was to play Tetris in Japanese, although I imagine it would be about the same as English Tetris.

You might start off with a more reasonable pitch, like sharing the cost of the game, if you expect others to do the same.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to throw out a proposition. A cheaper way for those of us on 1.0 to utilize the entry point for the browser.

The idea: I would import a copy of that specific game that has the browser entry point, and mail it around to all of those who need it for their 1.0 consoles.
( I am intentionally not mentioning the name of the game for bot and website scraping reasons. Scalpers are rampant with Nintendo related items. )
Everyone that uses the cart would in part pay a small portion of the cost.
At around 9-10 members, the cost would be ~$5 each. The more people that want to do this, the cheaper it would be for all. At 20 members, we would be below $3.

Each member would be responsible for shipping the cart to the next member
. The previous member would be covering the shipping cost to you. This could be as low as $2.xx
Unfortunately, this would have to be a USA only offer, as cross-border freight costs would be prohibitive.
If members in other countries would like to take part in something similar, they would need to organize an agreement for their area.

Now this all depends greatly on how CFW and homebrew is implemented. But if the cart is only needed once, just to install an exploit or CFW, then no one would need the cart beyond that one time use.
This thread is only to see if there is enough interest to be worthwhile. If there is interest, and once something substantial is released, we can then decide if this method would be sensible.

I do not know if this is a good or bad idea. Was thinking of ideas that could benefit the GBAtemp community, and this thought crossed my mind.
Comment below if this is of interest to you. We need to gauge if this option is worth considering.

The cart is going to be needed every time.

D

Deleted-368796

OP
Alright, thanks SciresM for the info. Makes this entire debacle moot.

Mods, please delete. Enough of this.

D

Deleted-368796

OP
Everytime? So what is the point of this whole idea than -_-
Well, we were not aware that it would be needed everytime till just now. I am actually glad that he popped in and informed us.
Takes the pressure off my back now.

Now die thread, die. Shhhhhhh......

Reactions: BvanBart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I love it for most things most stores you just shows the receipt online and they scan it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Makes it easy for incompetent restaurant staff that don't know how to hear an order
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mostly for big purchases, I want it in my hands before I pay. Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc) But yea if I can order online, then pickup at store is ok, but not all places offer that.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    > Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc)

Thing is, if you break it driving back to your house, it's your fault. But if the delivery driver damages it, it's not your fault.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most people that haul big tvs have empty trucks or know enough not to set it face down
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then I gotta send it back and wait another week or two. I have a pickup truck, with a extended cab, so no prob for me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most manufacturers pack it well enough where they aren't that dumb to let it happen
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They building a new Microcenter store near by me, is kinda scary. That's my favorite place, I'm like a kid in a candy store there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what's a microcenter?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool I'll make you ship me stuff
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microcenter sells high quality microwaves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Computer store basically, but they sell everything, like game systems, tvs , 3d printers, etc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've seen i9/mobo deals for like 400
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea been itching to build a new pc, mine is like 3-4 years old, ancient in pc tech time. Still using a sata SSD even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's still high tech to ancientboi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Kinda cool, I can buy a second Xbox for guests, and download all my purchased digital games to it, and play on both xboxs same time. Didn't know they allowed that. 2 xboxs per Xbox account.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2: A toaster is "High Tech" to me
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No we told you to stop taking baths with them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is crazy to think, you used to be able to build a decent PC for $300-400. Those days are way gone.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $600 gets you a decent one
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, too expensive
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums expensive
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Uremums cheap, she even takes coupons still. She put a dollar on her head, and said "all you can eat, under a dollar."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta save a dollar where you can get a dollar
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta save a dollar where you can get a dollar +1