ROM Hack Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Graphics Settings

reloxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
@reloxx Great. thnx where is the source of this if you dont mind?
i searched for the old DunAard json config and applied/merged and compiled it myself with the python script provided here (from masagrator) to the new version.
We are lucky DunAard posted the json somewhere.
But his preset is pretty bright and he wrote to put down display brighness ingame.

v2 fix for yuzu. just put the ResMod dir in the games mod dir.

Attachments

• XC3_200_GraphicsSettings_DunAard_by_r_v2.zip
    58.8 KB · Views: 77
  • xc.jpg
    xc.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by reloxx,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i searched for the old DunAard json config and applied/merged and compiled it myself with the python script provided here (from masagrator) to the new version.
But his preset is pretty bright and he wrote to put down display brighness ingame.

I see thanks! I remember there being mutiple dunards configs. I haven't looked at any configs then. and i dont remember what the config did. But is this the best looking config for the game or? your screenshot left is default, right is config?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can anyone share the files already made for dlc4? I don’t have access to a pc for now.
Dude, DLC doesn't matter. If you have installed mod for DLC3, it will still work if you still have DLC3 installed. Any other DLC - the same. Porting it to other DLCs folders is just a matter of changing last digit in folder name. You can change folder names with phone and Switch too, so don't explain laziness with this.

Why people can't read and assume things? Witcher 3 all over again.

clianvXAi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Dude, DLC doesn't matter. If you have installed mod for DLC3, it will still work if you still have DLC3 installed. Any other DLC - the same. Porting it to other DLCs folders is just a matter of changing last digit in folder name. You can change folder names with phone and Switch too, so don't explain laziness with this.

Why do you assume i have the mod installed for dlc3? I have no mod installed.
Post automatically merged:

Also can you stop for 2 seconds being an aggressive prick? what is with this attitude? Did i asked you specifically to share those files?

Last edited by clianvXAi,
Reactions: Peniskoker

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why do you assume i have the mod installed for dlc3? I have no mod installed.
You can take any mod published here and just rename folder to what is explained in first post.
Did i asked you specifically to share those files?
You asked in my thread all people here, so it involves me.
Also can you stop for 2 seconds being an aggressive prick? what is with this attitude?
This is my attitude for people who increase unnecessarily post count of this thread just because they are too lazy to spend max 5 minutes (if you are technologically illiterate so you can have time to ask your grandson to do it for you, otherwise it's max 1 minute) on downloading config pack of their choice and renaming one folder.

Last edited by masagrator,

VivreDNA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

I just need to put atmosphere folder to my switch sdcard right?
and patch auto loaded.
thanks

JohnSmith0101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FPSLocker patch now also tweaks UI speed. Now I guess only 2D and 3D particles speed remained.

Before:

After

Hello! First I wanted to thank you for your work. I have 1 question about how this game handles its graphical features, a question I've been wondering about since XBC2's Graphics Settings mod came out.

Q: In the dumped lib/bin files that contain the graphical settings for XBC2 and 3 I noticed that in their "default" configuration they have a fair amount of graphical features disabled, or using the 'false' command. If that is the "default" state does that mean that the vanilla game on Switch is *not* using all of the graphical features it could be, and that you need to edit the settings in those files and enable them for the games to use them?

For example, in the "default" configuration for the graphics setting file features such as these are all disabled:

- Bloom
- SSAO
- Depth of Field
- Lensflare

Does this mean that, in a normal vanilla unmodded game of XBC3 the game will not be using these effects, since its dumped "default" configuration file has them disabled? Or does the game change these values at runtime?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello! First I wanted to thank you for your work. I have 1 question about how this game handles its graphical features, a question I've been wondering about since XBC2's Graphics Settings mod came out.

Q: In the dumped lib/bin files that contain the graphical settings for XBC2 and 3 I noticed that in their "default" configuration they have a fair amount of graphical features disabled, or using the 'false' command. If that is the "default" state does that mean that the vanilla game on Switch is *not* using all of the graphical features it could be, and that you need to edit the settings in those files and enable them for the games to use them?

For example, in the "default" configuration for the graphics setting file features such as these are all disabled:

- Bloom
- SSAO
- Depth of Field
- Lensflare

Does this mean that, in a normal vanilla unmodded game of XBC3 the game will not be using these effects, since its dumped "default" configuration file has them disabled? Or does the game change these values at runtime?
Many of those are manipulated in runtime + they added features that superseeded older settings. Like they have not only "Bloom", but also "Bloom2".

HellsBoyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

I downloaded this and I just need to extract "atmosphere" folder to SD or do I need the other 3 json+py files in SD too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the...