Hacking Question AutoRCM or not?

XeXSolutions

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have a very temperamental method of getting my Switch into RCM mode, I purchased a Jig and cannot for the life of me get it to work.

However with some simple alfoil I can manage to get it to boot into RCM after a couple of attempts but the downside is one of my joycon is not detected properly after it boots, I tried resync but still no fix?

Finally.. Then questions is.. Do I take this risk and put it into AUTORCM to save hassle and hope my joycon works properly too?

Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only downside to AutoRCM is your Switch will be tethered to your computer/Android each time you want to boot it. Considering we have sleep mode on CFW now, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

However, if you're out and about and your Switch dies or crashes, you will be unable to boot it until you can connect it to your computer/Android.

I personally use AutoRCM because I don't want to wear anything down, and it's convenient.

Edit: I also don't plan on using anything other than CFW.

Last edited by Lacius,

abdul85pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had AutoRCM but disabled it after rcm drain my battery... now when hekate can go in sleep mode... i wonder if i need it now or i will be need it only one more time after tx sx release... hmmmm. dunno maybe sleep is better then powering off???

Edit:

What you think guys?
when I put NSW in sleep mode and put in carrying case won't it get too much heat?
is it even heating in sleep mode?

Last edited by abdul85pl,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had AutoRCM but disabled it after rcm drain my battery... now when hekate can go in sleep mode... i wonder if i need it now or i will be need it only one more time after tx sx release... hmmmm. dunno maybe sleep is better then powering off???
Just don't leave your Switch in RCM for extended periods of time.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about using AutoRCM when I get my SX Pro tbh. I see that there is the issue of battery draining while it is in RCM, does it not just shut down from RCM automatically?, or can we just hold the power button for 15 seconds when we shutdown the console for it to fully power down?
Sleep mode on the other hand is amazing... Left my switch in it on accident for like 2 weeks and came back to 89% (maybe more like a week :P), over exaggeration)

Im thinking about saving up for an extra switch but I want to make sure that I get a 3.0.0 switch. This will just be for cvfw offline and my regular one will be used for online with friends... That way im not really tempted with piracy If I cant play online xD

Last edited by Lumince,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about using AutoRCM when I get my SX Pro tbh. I see that there is the issue of battery draining while it is in RCM, does it not just shut down from RCM automatically?, or can we just hold the power button for 15 seconds when we shutdown the console for it to fully power down?
Sleep mode on the other hand is amazing... Left my switch in it on accident for like 2 weeks and came back to 89%

Im thinking about saving up for an extra switch but I want to make sure that I get a 3.0.0 switch. This will just be for cvfw offline and my regular one will be used for online with friends... That way im not really tempted with piracy If I cant play online xD
If your Switch is in RCM, it will not shutdown by itself. You would need to power it off manually. The problem with just holding the power button for a few seconds is you can't know for sure if it's in RCM and you're turning it off, or if it's off and you're booting it into RCM. If you want to power off your Switch, it's recommended you do it from a payload or from Horizon.

Edit: Alternatively, you can just put it into sleep mode.

Last edited by Lacius,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you clearly don't geht my point. Why make it more inconvenient and vulnerable when you do not have to. Do not install AutoRCM. You can use sleep mode instead!

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk
AutoRCM makes things more convenient if you're going to be booting into CFW a lot. Sleep mode is great with AutoRCM because you have the option of putting your Switch into a low power state without having to turn it off completely, which would require you to boot with your computer/Android when you power it on.

Reactions: Lumince

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AutoRCM makes things more convenient if you're going to be booting into CFW a lot. Sleep mode is great with AutoRCM because you have the option of putting your Switch into a low power state without having to turn it off completely, which would require you to boot with your computer/Android when you power it on.

why does nobody get the function "sleep mode"? use the switch as you use your smartphone. do NOT turn it off, simple as that. it was designed that way! it has a great sleep mode. 14 days standby.

AutoRCM makes you vulnerable (ban wave incoming) and is really inconvenient as you mentioned before. you never know when it is active since the screen is black. you could have a soft-bricked /empty/not able to recharge-device when you do not even know it.

use the switch the way it was meant to be used. install CFW and forget about it. sleep mode is your friend.

Reactions: Reyo2k and sj33

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Switch is in RCM, it will not shutdown by itself. You would need to power it off manually. The problem with just holding the power button for a few seconds is you can't know for sure if it's in RCM and you're turning it off, or if it's off and you're booting it into RCM. If you want to power off your Switch, it's recommended you do it from a payload or from Horizon.
So powering it off in the OS itself will actually fully power it down? So people were just leaving their switches in RCM and thats what everyone was cautious about? I was just being cautious because I thought AutoRCM did something weird to the console (other than bricking it lol) So either OS or Hekate power off will sephise. Gotcha

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why does nobody get the function "sleep mode"? use the switch as you use your smartphone. do NOT turn it off, simple as that. it was designed that way! it has a great sleep mode. 14 days standby.

AutoRCM makes you vulnerable (ban wave incoming) and is really inconvenient as you mentioned before. you never know when it is active since the screen is black. you could have a soft-bricked /empty/not able to recharge-device when you do not even know it.

use the switch the way it was meant to be used. install CFW and forget about it. sleep mode is your friend.
But do you know if nintendo can actually detect AutoRCM?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First, as Atmosphere is developed and updates are published, you will probably need to re-enter RCM a lot in the early days, making AutoRCM convenient.

Second, having AutoRCM installed is not dangerous with regard to the battery. The Switch can charge while in RCM.

So powering it off in the OS itself will actually fully power it down? So people were just leaving their switches in RCM and thats what everyone was cautious about? I was just being cautious because I thought AutoRCM did something weird to the console (other than bricking it lol) So either OS or Hekate power off will sephise. Gotcha

Powering off the Switch from the OS menu will actually power it off, yes. People were accidentally leaving it in RCM, plugging it in while off, which makes it boot into RCM, etc. Powering it off or putting it into sleep mode should suffice, but you shouldn't plug it in while off unless you're ready to load an RCM payload.

Reactions: annson24

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

do you really want to be the one that finds out by paying with his banned switch for that? I don't. I only know one thing: what you don't install, cannot be detected! as simple as that.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, as Atmosphere is developed and updates are published, you will probably need to re-enter RCM a lot in the early days, making AutoRCM convenient.

Second, having AutoRCM installed is not dangerous with regard to the battery. The Switch can charge while in RCM.
There is a lot of info floating around here.... So it can charge in RCM mode???... I thought it couldnt because it never loads the proper stuff to be able to take a charge?

Reactions: renel18

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a lot of info floating around here.... So it can charge in RCM mode???... I thought it couldnt because it never loads the proper stuff to be able to take a charge?
That ended up being untrue. I've also tested it myself. It definitely charges while in RCM. Aside from the fact that you're making your Switch tethered when it coldboots, AutoRCM is relatively safe.

Last edited by Lacius,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto