• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 103,425
  • Replies 276
  • Likes 44
D

Deletedmember448668

OP
I asked if there were any dangers and a user said that if my usb c port broke it would be bricked,but I said that if the usb c port broke it would be bricked anyway, since it can't charge
True that

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no as in the entrance of the usb c

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

anyway,did you test this?
what are you talking about?
when your USB cable breaks, get another one. where is the problem?!
if your USB port breaks, your switch is fucked either way. even if not using CFW at all.

*snip*

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

tecfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know that we will be able to boot normally to horizon OS.
...and then it should be an easy task for nintendo to check if the BCT has been modified which will probably result in a permanent ban if this method becomes more popular. It may be ok for now to boot into OFW or CFW, but future releases of the OFW may check the integrity of this partition.

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean, this really isn't worth a lot since you still need a USB-C cable and a device to launch a payload...

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, this really isn't worth a lot since you still need a USB-C cable and a device to launch a payload...
for people like me that have bought a jig and are waiting for it to get from the mail it is quite useful

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been several reports of pin breaks and wear, due to excessive jig use or improper jig design. This tool may prevent damage from this wear 'n' tear on the JoyCon rail.

for people like me that have bought a jig and are waiting for it to get from the mail it is quite useful
You will still need a way to enter RCM to execute the initial "briccmii" payload.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There have been several reports of pin breaks and wear, due to excessive jig use or improper jig design. This tool may prevent damage from this wear 'n' tear on the JoyCon rail.

You will still need a way to enter RCM to execute the initial "briccmii" payload.
yeah and that's it. that's what I did. managed to trigger the tin foil one,got the brick and removed the foil because of the risks

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
meh. I did it and I like it way more than trying to position my paperclip correctly

I actually agree, while the RCM Jig is pretty easy to make compared to most other Hardware Exploitation tools, it's still a chore when you have to use it every boot cycle, especially if you're a dev testing HomeBrew, it starts to become tedious real fast, so far to make my own life easier, I'm using Briccmii with an Auto-CFW Payload, and the Auto-Payload injection mode in the TegraRCMGUI Tool, just keeping my dev Switch plugged into my PC makes rebooting into CFW a breeze.

It becomes an issue though if just anyone uses it, after-all this is technically bricking your system, and while it's useful you don't have a Consumer Friendly CFW like Atmosphere yet which takes advantage of all of the same things the Horizon OFW has, and more, just the Unfinished Dev CFW Hekate.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
Reactions: jimmyj

ep919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but everyone knows that a backup loader will be one of the first things released as a "mod" for Atmosphere, there are already methods for backup loading in private, devs are just waiting for Atmosphere to be ready.

So would you recommend cancelling an order for the TX Pro? If Atmosphere will likely have a backup loader shortly after release then that is the way I would rather go. I don't mind waiting a couple weeks for one to be released, I just don't want to wait months.

Reactions: TAUSENN

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would you recommend cancelling an order for the TX Pro? If Atmosphere will likely have a backup loader shortly after release then that is the way I would rather go. I don't mind waiting a couple weeks for one to be released, I just don't want to wait months.
The only thing we know is that there will be a backup loader implemented onto Atmosphere. We don't know when that will be happen. It could happen within days, weeks, or even seconds of Atmosphere's release. The choice is up to you.

Reactions: Proto-Propski

realjumy

Woooosh!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What a weird world we live in...

giphy.gif

It's making things really easy, but logically there's still a bit of effort to be done from the user end. Nobody will go to your house and do all the process for you... And in any case, it's free.

The only thing we know is that there will be a backup loader implemented onto Atmosphere. We don't know when that will be happen. It could happen within days, weeks, or even seconds of Atmosphere's release. The choice is up to you.
What if all this happens the same day TX releases their Xecuter SX OS? Or even earlier? I don't think it will bother much to TX as just with pre-sales they made a substantial amount of money, but there will be a lot of people for something easily accessible for free.

Last edited by realjumy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you