Backup Launcher 0.3 alpha

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, as far as I can tell this should work just fine. It was actually only a one line change to the patchmii source code, simply added IOS_ReloadIOS(249) in line 103 right after void console_setup(void). My thought is that people can just leave patchmii (IOS 254) on their systems and use it to install all fake-signed content. This will only install if you have a version of cIOS (IOS 249) installed. Hope this helps somebody.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TLU5WA50

PS: As normal, no promise this wont brick your Wii, I used it and had no problems so I would be relatively surprised, but s*** happens.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Lafie said:
harryk said:
What do you mean? I don't get it. Can't you just uninstall the current cIOS with the wad manager? If so what order would it be uninstalled? Just uninstall the cIOS fix? cIOS fix and the original? If both what order what order?
Let me see if I can explain the technical side of things. [...]

It wasn't me who asked all these questions (incorrect quote, you got me confused
wink.gif
), but thanks for the good explanation.
I'm not planning on updating. I didn't use the shop channel for ages as there are no good Wiiware titles (after Lostwinds) anyway :-/

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Supercool330 said:
Yep, as far as I can tell this should work just fine. It was actually only a one line change to the patchmii source code, simply added IOS_ReloadIOS(249) in line 103 right after void console_setup(void). My thought is that people can just leave patchmii (IOS 254) on their systems and use it to install all fake-signed content. This will only install if you have a version of cIOS (IOS 249) installed. Hope this helps somebody.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TLU5WA50

PS: As normal, no promise this wont brick your Wii, I used it and had no problems so I would be relatively surprised, but s*** happens.

Good news, I guess.
to make it really clear:

Your patchmii clone installs a new cIOS254 with the fakesigning bug in it. After the installation of that, we should be able to delete our cIOS249
cos the signing bug is still in the cIOS254 and all apps should keep on working with it and without the cios249.

So if the new cios from wiigator comes which will be new, but still called cIOS249 ( i acquire) we have no problems installing it?

Did I understand this right?

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lafie said:
harryk said:
What do you mean? I don't get it. Can't you just uninstall the current cIOS with the wad manager? If so what order would it be uninstalled? Just uninstall the cIOS fix? cIOS fix and the original? If both what order what order?
Let me see if I can explain the technical side of things. The new Nintendo update, patches ALL IOS's, to remove a certain bug (fake signing bug). Without this bug, homebrew programs are not capable of installing anything new to the Wii system anymore. So that means, you can't install WAD's, you can't install the Homebrew Channel, you can't install a new cIOS.
However, if you have a cIOS already installed, Nintendo didn't patch that one. And since a cIOS is always based on a IOS and has it's basic capabilities, you have an IOS on your Wii that still has that fake signing bug. This is because the current cIOS releases are based on IOS's that still had that bug, so the cIOS you have installed also still has that bug.
Now, that means that homebrew software can use that cIOS, to install new stuff to the Wii system, like a WAD or a new cIOS. But if you uninstall the old cIOS first, you don't have a IOS on your Wii anymore that has the fake signing bug, so homebrew software can't install new stuff to your Wii anymore, including a new cIOS.
Wow thank you for the very clear a explanation. I get it now. I haven't updated yet so I'm in the clear. Good.

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Screemer said:
for that wadmanager had to be patched to use ios 254 for installation instead of 249, what it does normaly. at least that's what i recall.

Posts merged

for that wadmanager had to be patched to use ios 254 for installation instead of 249, what it does normaly. at least that's what i recall.

The modified PatchMii allows for installation of a custom IOS everytime you need to which will then be at 249 and is able to install fakesigned wads.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WiiShizzza said:
Maybe a bit off topic, but what can/would happen if I use the AnyTitleDeleter and delete all the ios that are patched from the update.
Leaving only IOS249 at it's place. Could it be possible then to copy the old unpatched IOSes or FS Dumper output at the place again?
It would brick your Wii...
Just wait a while. Somebody will write a program that patches the bug back into important IOS-versions...

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slowking said:
WiiShizzza said:
Maybe a bit off topic, but what can/would happen if I use the AnyTitleDeleter and delete all the ios that are patched from the update.
Leaving only IOS249 at it's place. Could it be possible then to copy the old unpatched IOSes or FS Dumper output at the place again?
It would brick your Wii...
Just wait a while. Somebody will write a program that patches the bug back into important IOS-versions...

As for me, I didn't update my console yet.
smile.gif
But one of my friends.
I also think that soon something will arrive.

thx anyway.

//EDIT:
What do you think of downgrading it to 3.2 with waninkokos cIOS Downgrader 1.2
Does this work?

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pure said:
--=ZerO=-- said:
xcdjy said:
djtaz said:
Isnt there a homebrew already for CG support ??
Why not just install that ?

Oh rly? I didn't even know one existed
biggrin.gif

You learn something new every day...

there are 2 loaders for gc games. ;)
there are ? :> care to give a hint ?
tongue.gif

Hehe...

Try sd-boot0.3 or usb-boot

But they both wont play burned gc games

u need an

sd-gecko
or
usb-gecko
or
wiikey sd card adapter
or the
official nintendo gamecube sd adapter

Sorry for beeing off-topic!

@WiiGator
Can't wait to see the new loader version!
grog.gif

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IronMask said:
Why don't you test it and let us know? Meanwhile, we'll let you know how it does on the unupdated one...hehe

I have 2 wiis here. one is updated and one isn't.
The reason why I ask for downgrading is, that I don't want to end up with one wii bricked.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
IronMask said:
Why don't you test it and let us know? Meanwhile, we'll let you know how it does on the unupdated one...hehe

I have 2 wiis here. one is updated and one isn't.
The reason why I ask for downgrading is, that I don't want to end up with one wii bricked.
then don't play mad scientist and just wait for a coder to release a fix for this... curiosity killed the cat and could kill your wii

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fac_ownage said:
let's hope WarioLand ShakeIt stops with the freezing and video skipping!!!

99.9% of games better work WiiGator!!
smile.gif

Thanks for it all !!!

Yeah! and .3 better cure cancer using slight wiimote vibrations!

would mario galaxy count as one of the earlier releases that isn't supported?

jughead1111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so ready to try this out I stopped burning patched ones to save on disks 1:1 dont work with v1 thanx for everything Wiigator peace to all the patient people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
    Veho @ Veho: +1