Backup Launcher 0.3 alpha

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok Gator... I think we're ready... and we are willing to give you the kind of feedback that it takes for you to give it your best at making the dream a reality.

The ball is now in your court. (I think it always was!-LMAO)
rolleyes.gif

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shadowmoses said:
QUOTE said:
What we should be doing is organizing some kind of way to be effecient in reporting our test results on whatever game you are testing and comparing and compiling once WiiGator decides to go public with it

yes we need a better way to give feedback, we need more details than in the actual wiki for exemple

- dump name (scrubbed or not?)
- region of the game
- wii system menu version
- burn speed and software used
- disc brand
- bug encountered
when the BUL 0.3 is released i was going to make a thread and maintain it with like 10 or so people who can help me sort through all that is listed in post above, unless some one makes one before me... i was just volunteering since no one else stepped up, but i wouldn't mind doing it

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
BL4Z3D247 said:
Shadowmoses said:
QUOTE said:
What we should be doing is organizing some kind of way to be effecient in reporting our test results on whatever game you are testing and comparing and compiling once WiiGator decides to go public with it

yes we need a better way to give feedback, we need more details than in the actual wiki for exemple

- region of the game
- disc brand
- bug encountered
when the BUL 0.3 is released i was going to make a thread and maintain it with like 10 or so people who can help me sort through all that is listed in post above, unless some one makes one before me... i was just volunteering since no one else stepped up, but i wouldn't mind doing it

i would be in, bacause to make things better it needs some people who are willing to post some USEFUL and reliable information how and in which environment they tested the games as well as which versions they did use and if they modified them and how the games were modified.

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey Wiigator, just wanted to say that you're doing great work =)
I'd love to see a public beta, and I really can't see any downsides to it. Hope you come to a decision soon.

p.s. Is there a donation fund to yourself? I'd love to help out in anyway possible

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meharis said:
BL4Z3D247 said:
Shadowmoses said:
QUOTE said:

- region of the game
- disc brand
- bug encountered

i would be in, bacause to make things better it needs some people who are willing to post some USEFUL and reliable information how and in which environment they tested the games as well as which versions they did use and if they modified them and how the games were modified.
I'd imagine that data will fill in pretty quickly. A number of people (myself included) who couldn't get in on the beta are dumping every game they own so they can try original vs raw, patched, unpatched, etc and post the results when something is released.

4GB X 15 games X 3 copies each (patched, unpatched and raw, unpatched and scrubbed) = ~180GB of legally owned backups on my hard drive. Whee!

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Havoc_012 said:
First post.
smile.gif

I left my Wii on Wii Connect 24. It automatically updated me to the latest edition of 3.3U.
hate2.gif

I have the Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher 0.1 installed.

I have Custom IOS v5.

Will I be able to use the new loader when it releases or will I be locked out from updating to Custom IOS v6?

As far I know WC24 can't update, faker.

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sonic4Ever said:
Havoc_012 said:
First post.
smile.gif

I left my Wii on Wii Connect 24. It automatically updated me to the latest edition of 3.3U.
hate2.gif

I have the Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher 0.1 installed.

I have Custom IOS v5.

Will I be able to use the new loader when it releases or will I be locked out from updating to Custom IOS v6?

As far I know WC24 can't update, faker.
Indeed. It would be against the law to enforce an update to the user.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Supercool330 said:
It is not against any law to force an update without user consent (for that mater Microsoft does it all the time).
You have to give your authorization after the installation of Windows.

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Supercool330 said:
It is not against any law to force an update without user consent (for that mater Microsoft does it all the time).
Of course it is. You have to accept an license agreement everytime you update your Wii. The user needs to have the possibilty of declining it and therefore don't upgrade.

On a sidenote:
I dont think i need to say that Microsofts point of view on the rights of the user and the law are somewhat eeh.. strange :>

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:

Yea, but in Microsoft you can force/ disable updates alot easier than a Wii unless you have the know how...I think that bootmii is the trick for that will enable the force if I am correct...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft doesn't FORCE users... if you don't turn off AutoUpdates, then you accept the updates by default...

Your Wii cannot update by itself... you have to insert a disc with the update, and accept the update, or manually click on UPDATE...

Don't sit here and try to tell us it updated itself... maybe your brother/sister/father/mother/grandparent/dog updated the Wii and didn't tell you.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In windows vista there is no way to prevent Microsoft from installing updates without your permission, and nowhere in the EULA does it say you are agreeing to this, because by current software licensing laws, software companies are not obligated to disclose the full functionality of a piece of software (licenses really only restrict the ways in which the user can use the software). I admit however, that I would be very surprised if Nintendo was doing this (and to the best of my knowledge, the Wii doesn't have the functionality to install an update without the user telling it to), I was just saying that there is no law enforcing this (as there well should be). Many pieces of software (like Microsoft windows) intentionally have back doors that the developers can use to access your system without your consent (hackers have been able to find 2 in windows XP, and there are other programs that are worse). This is why I totally support open source, the only way you can really know what a program does is to look at the source code and see what it does for yourself. Check out http://badvista.fsf.org/ or http://www.fsf.org/ for more info.

Wow that was really off topic, back on topic, what IOS version is the latest cIOS used by backup launcher v0.3 based on?

pure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Supercool330 said:
In windows vista there is no way to prevent Microsoft from installing updates without your permission, and nowhere in the EULA does it say you are agreeing to this, because by current software licensing laws, software companies are not obligated to disclose the full functionality of a piece of software (Licences really only restrict the ways in which the user can use the software). I admit however, that I would be very surprised if Nintendo was doing this (and to the best of my knowledge, the wii doesn't have the functionality to install an update without the user telling it to), I was just saying that there is no law enforcing this (as there well should be). Many pieces of software (like Microsoft windows) have many back doors that the developers can use to access your system without your consent (hackers have been able to find 2 in windows XP, and there are other programs that are worse). This is why I totally support open source, the only way you can really know what a program does is to look at the source code and see what it does for yourself. Check out http://badvista.fsf.org/ or http://www.fsf.org/ for more info.

Wow that was really off topic, back on topic, what IOS version is the latest cIOS used by backup launcher v0.3 based on?
Well in the EU it is illegal afaik. Didn't know about the American law though
ohmy.gif

btw @ open source:
linux all the way
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it