Backup Launcher 0.3 alpha

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
frostyfrosty said:
blackmage101 said:
what happned to the discussion about the backup loader

there is literally nothing else to talk about.
we have gone over everything until something new comes out

For once I would have to agree with the snowman.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supercool330 said:
In windows vista there is no way to prevent Microsoft from installing updates without your permission, and nowhere in the EULA does it say you are agreeing to this, because by current software licensing laws, software companies are not obligated to disclose the full functionality of a piece of software (licenses really only restrict the ways in which the user can use the software). I admit however, that I would be very surprised if Nintendo was doing this (and to the best of my knowledge, the Wii doesn't have the functionality to install an update without the user telling it to), I was just saying that there is no law enforcing this (as there well should be). Many pieces of software (like Microsoft windows) intentionally have back doors that the developers can use to access your system without your consent (hackers have been able to find 2 in windows XP, and there are other programs that are worse). This is why I totally support open source, the only way you can really know what a program does is to look at the source code and see what it does for yourself. Check out http://badvista.fsf.org/ or http://www.fsf.org/ for more info.

Wow that was really off topic, back on topic, what IOS version is the latest cIOS used by backup launcher v0.3 based on?

Funny... I can go into Control Panel, Automatic Updates, OFF... restart... hmmm... wow.. it worked! No more automatic updates! Now I HAVE to accept all updates, and if I don't, they don't install!

There are FEDERAL STATUTES in the US that says software/hardware comapanies are NOT allowed to FORCE users to update software/firmware if the user doens't want to... way companies get around this... like Nintendo... don't update, you can't access the Shop Channel, or you can't play this game you just bought... it's a way to keep the legit people in check, while us pirates ignore them, take updates out of discs, and enjoy the game anyway...

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Supercool330 said:
In windows vista there is no way to prevent Microsoft from installing updates without your permission, and nowhere in the EULA does it say you are agreeing to this, because by current software licensing laws, software companies are not obligated to disclose the full functionality of a piece of software (licenses really only restrict the ways in which the user can use the software). I admit however, that I would be very surprised if Nintendo was doing this (and to the best of my knowledge, the Wii doesn't have the functionality to install an update without the user telling it to), I was just saying that there is no law enforcing this (as there well should be). Many pieces of software (like Microsoft windows) intentionally have back doors that the developers can use to access your system without your consent (hackers have been able to find 2 in windows XP, and there are other programs that are worse). This is why I totally support open source, the only way you can really know what a program does is to look at the source code and see what it does for yourself. Check out http://badvista.fsf.org/ or http://www.fsf.org/ for more info.

Wow that was really off topic, back on topic, what IOS version is the latest cIOS used by backup launcher v0.3 based on?

Funny... I can go into Control Panel, Automatic Updates, OFF... restart... hmmm... wow.. it worked! No more automatic updates! Now I HAVE to accept all updates, and if I don't, they don't install!

There are FEDERAL STATUTES in the US that says software/hardware comapanies are NOT allowed to FORCE users to update software/firmware if the user doens't want to... way companies get around this... like Nintendo... don't update, you can't access the Shop Channel, or you can't play this game you just bought... it's a way to keep the legit people in check, while us pirates ignore them, take updates out of discs, and enjoy the game anyway...
Use Shop Channel Without Getting New Update

jughead1111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this patience is a virtue poo is for the birds - let us in the game coach we wanna play - who knows we all seem like we have no lifes and thus would make great beta testers peace and still waiting

frostyfrosty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
frostyfrosty said:
blackmage101 said:
what happned to the discussion about the backup loader

there is literally nothing else to talk about.
we have gone over everything until something new comes out

For once I would have to agree with the snowman.
thank you IronMask^^

means alot when it seems like a lot of people despise you for no apparent reason.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pure said:
Sonic4Ever said:
Havoc_012 said:
First post.
smile.gif

I left my Wii on Wii Connect 24. It automatically updated me to the latest edition of 3.3U.
hate2.gif

I have the Homebrew Channel and Backup Launcher 0.1 installed.

I have Custom IOS v5.

Will I be able to use the new loader when it releases or will I be locked out from updating to Custom IOS v6?

As far I know WC24 can't update, faker.
Indeed. It would be against the law to enforce an update to the user.

It's only german/EU Law... Also EULAs don't count here.
wink.gif

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I am officially using the work around update... hope I didn't screw myself for the new loader that is being dangled in front of us. And I know most people on here even n00bs or jedimasters... This wait is getting ridiculously long... Or maybe I need to go clean my damn room as well with the kids..

I apologize to you WG, but dammit man... I am 3/4 german does that count for something?!

Meharis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Venom228 said:
i hope the new loader will come out soon im really eger to try it.

it will still take a while because the ps3 emulation mode is kinda hard to integrate. the softmod mode for the drive laser to switch into "Blueray-Mode" still takes some time to be debugged as well as the cell emulator code. But as far is i know the 360 Emu Mode is almost near perfect now. Some minor slowdowns because the Hollywood Chip has to render the gfx in 480p mode instead of the naturally given 720p mode by the 360. i guess these small problems will all be sorted out when version 995468413.78 alpha of the backup loader surfaces

grog.gif
nyanya.gif
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub: