Backup Launcher 0.3 beta

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiigator, once we enable rebooter in the loader menu, we don't have to go back in there and reboot every time we start our wii, correct? what i mean to say is, we would enable it once and be able to use the disc channel from there on out even if restarting the wii? unless of course we had to change the loader settings, like forcing PAL or something right?

i'm just a little confused by the video and how he had to go in the loader first to use rebooter and then go to disc channel to load the game...anyone care to clarify this for me
smile.gif
?

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya im pretty sure you'll have to use the rebooter every time (not a beta tester), unless you write the system menu changes to the wii nand, you will always have the original menu load up, and we need the patched one to launch 1:1 games with ios249.
currently (using geckoos rebooter w/ ios249 or menuloader), if you turn the wii off with the system menu using ios249/ios249 still loaded and turn it back on, you will see that the menu will still read native region (but not foreign) 1:1 backup disc banners. so don't be confused if you turn the wii on, hit start and get a black screen, since the same will probably happen with backup launcher gamma. the menu has to be patched in memory again for the game to run (at least for foreign games it should be necessary, if not all games). it could be that they have caused the ios to change the ios number reported by the game to the system menu, but i doubt it.

i hope we get to hear more about this process, someone else said they patched the system menu to use their custom loader code (? not sure if they're over-exaggerating or not) and claimed there was an issues with save games... i assume all has been fixed, but i really feel left out of the development process and wish more of it was public so we could learn from it.

if decrypted games can be made to work with the system menu, it might also be possible to allow for multi-game discs with a custom loader/rebooter game selection process.

EndlessDiversity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
is there any difference launching from disc channel or directly through the loader?
speed, or compatibility wise?

and what is " Remove Copy Flags: No " under rebooter option?

thanks, looking good ^^

Thor1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nextgencorp.es
XP
Country
WiiGator said:
TyrianCubed said:
one quick question: are you going to provide the files for an offline installation of the new cIOS, like you did for beta?
I have wifi, but I had lots of problems installing the shop shannel update because it had to download files, and kept giving me errors at that point. If an offline installation will be possible it'll be easier and quicker.

It is the same as before.

@Thor1981
trucha signed discs will work. I don't understand the other questions.
My question was whether that will work with backup disks patched creator or available only 1:1.
He also mentioned something of an additional sd card. What do you mean?
Using the same cIOS that the backup launcher v 0.3 beta?
A greeting and thanks for an answer

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EndlessDiversity said:
is there any difference launching from disc channel or directly through the loader?
speed, or compatibility wise?

and what is " Remove Copy Flags: No " under rebooter option?

thanks, looking good ^^

Unless i am mistaken this is the setting that prevents saved-games (SSBB) and the like from being copied.
Think File Attributes for the wii
And i thought i read somewhere it had something to do with letting you move the disc channel???

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I really don't care about the disc channel thing. I'm ok with the BL especially since WiiShizzza gave us a wad so I can have a backup loader channel.

to the guy above me: don't ask for a release date, they have stated plenty of times that it'll be released when it's done
smile.gif

Glenn-nl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my wii like 1 day before I found out that a new backup launcher was in the works, the problem now is that all the install's dont work on my homebrew channel (it keeps giving me errors for all the installations near the end)

is there any way to remove just the LAST update? not my entire memory, not all updates, just the latest one?
and I know it's been asked more then this, but could someone also explain how it actually works, im sorry if its one of a 10.0000 posts like this, but I couldn't find a single post with a clear "manual" on how to do it...

Thanks ahead

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Djtaz estimates date at Dec. 23rd. THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL DATE NOR SHOULD IT BE EVEN THOUGHT OF AS A REAL RELEASE DATE!!!! He said he was guessing and didnt know. Im guessing somewhere between thanksgiving and dec. 19th.
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorox said:
Djtaz estimates date at Dec. 23rd. THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL DATE NOR SHOULD IT BE EVEN THOUGHT OF AS A REAL RELEASE DATE!!!!
Lmao - I knew if i repeated that enough it would sink it with someone
tongue.gif

Im just glad u read on to see i was only messing - i know someone is going to take me seriously on that one.

Oreoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol that guy had the "is this real??" Topic yesterday, asking about your links you posted yesterday as the fake leaked version. gave me a good laugh

pyroball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, im having an issue with the cIOS installer. I keep getting a -1017 error code even though i downgraded my firmware back to 3.2U and uninstalled all previous cIOS's. cant get the damn thing to stick. It downloads all the packs and then errors out on the install
cIOS_installer_error.jpg

pyroball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!

If you recently upgraded to the 3.3 patch and then used THIS to allow you to install wads and to downgrade the firmware, you need to go back and do it again following it TO THE LETTER. i misse a step and didnt finish the whole thing and so it didnt have all the proper patches. GO DO IT AGAIN!

colmiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
ya im pretty sure you'll have to use the rebooter every time (not a beta tester), unless you write the system menu changes to the wii nand, you will always have the original menu load up, and we need the patched one to launch 1:1 games with ios249.
currently (using geckoos rebooter w/ ios249 or menuloader), if you turn the wii off with the system menu using ios249/ios249 still loaded and turn it back on, you will see that the menu will still read native region (but not foreign) 1:1 backup disc banners. so don't be confused if you turn the wii on, hit start and get a black screen, since the same will probably happen with backup launcher gamma. the menu has to be patched in memory again for the game to run (at least for foreign games it should be necessary, if not all games). it could be that they have caused the ios to change the ios number reported by the game to the system menu, but i doubt it.

i hope we get to hear more about this process, someone else said they patched the system menu to use their custom loader code (? not sure if they're over-exaggerating or not) and claimed there was an issues with save games... i assume all has been fixed, but i really feel left out of the development process and wish more of it was public so we could learn from it.

if decrypted games can be made to work with the system menu, it might also be possible to allow for multi-game discs with a custom loader/rebooter game selection process.
allrightt, yea that clears up some things
as long as we have another autobooting channel we should be goood, us lazy people i mean
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work