Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thor1981 said:
WiiGator said:
TyrianCubed said:
one quick question: are you going to provide the files for an offline installation of the new cIOS, like you did for beta?
I have wifi, but I had lots of problems installing the shop shannel update because it had to download files, and kept giving me errors at that point. If an offline installation will be possible it'll be easier and quicker.

It is the same as before.

@Thor1981
trucha signed discs will work. I don't understand the other questions.
My question was whether that will work with backup disks patched creator or available only 1:1.
He also mentioned something of an additional sd card. What do you mean?
Using the same cIOS that the backup launcher v 0.3 beta?
A greeting and thanks for an answer

Decrypted games will work, if you start it directly (no disc channel). You can also use the 0.3 beta loader with the new cIOS, if you want to.
I don't plan to add support to SD card. It should be possible to load removed stuff from the SD card. I mean stuff removed by the backup creator.
The cIOS is still based on IOS36. I needed to change cIOS to get higher compatibilty and a higher disc read speed.

EDIT: There are people working on more than one backup enabler for the disc channel.

@ppc_gba
Yes, restarting of Backup Launcher is required to start the next game from the disc channel.

tphi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiGator said:
The cIOS is still based on IOS36. I needed to change cIOS to get higher compatibilty and a higher disc read speed.

Just a question : will there be a new offline Waninkoko's cIOS ? Because it's the only one wich can launch downgrade, wifidumper and other stuffs...

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tphi said:
WiiGator said:

Just a question : will there be a new offline Waninkoko's cIOS ? Because it's the only one wich can launch downgrade and other stuffs...

Yes, Waninkoko will release it also. I don't include all stuff from Waninkokos cIOS (Stuff required to use the newer tools). You are free to use Waninkokos version. The backup loader code is the same in both cIOS and both will have the version number v7.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
guys please let them work. I don't want to sound like a douche but I imagine to be in their shoes and the last thing I want is to read every 5 minutes people asking when it'll be released
tongue.gif

BoxNinja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure that when they are working they're not like "OMG i wonder what gbatemp has says, I must read latest post begging for release lololol!!!!!!!11!!!1!one"

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Live wiigator and waninkoko alone,
don t forget they probably have a sexual life is well,so time for everything:)
Two month ago we had nothing,now we have 0.3 beta and is good for the moment!
By the way waninkoko like friday s like me beacause it s time to go have some drink s fun and....

@Wiigator
Prost
grog.gif

@Waninkoko
Salud
grog.gif

Nintendo451

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Question here.

My roommate and I followed the whole backup loader thing when Waninkoko was working on it a lot and that whole debacle. We currently have his v1 backup loader. We haven't updated anything from that. Is it possible for me to just....start over with this process? He said...something about the different versions of the cIOS for the separate loaders, and installing a new one would brick it from the old one....and stuff.

So my question is, should I just start over from the whole process? Err...stage two? I have the HBC installed, so should I just replace all the files on my SD card (and put back on later) with the zipped files and go from there? Or should there be a more elaborate process I should go through to not kill anything?

Also, I've obviously read that you don't need to do the decrypting anymore, but do you still need to worry about the bitsetting if it's a DVD+R as well?

nasgotti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks for this great program so I started by buying my wii then my stupid sister upgraded it and wham ruined my whole plan. So i found out i was still able to get homebrew via tp hack and I did and now i have HBC so then i saw your back up loader and well i go to load the CI0S installer and it goes through the 1-15 parts then it freezes and says error. I need to know how to fix this because i have the loader working fine. I have a backup game to test i just need to get this CIOS working right so Someone please help me out I have the 3.4 firmwear because of my sister I dont know if this has anything to do with me not being able to load this properly but any help would be great.

krissynz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I am probably going to sound like a complete noob here, and I am at least when it comes to Wii homebrewing. Anyway I finally got the Twilight Hack working after having to reformat my memory card. So I got that working and tested out a NES emulator on it which worked fine. Thank god I was getting mad that they wanted to charge for old NES games (I own over 100 real cartridges btw)
Now there are a few things I am wondering.
To play backed up games, do I need to select something special from the items included in the backup folder, or do I just slip in the backup and play it?
Also does the backup loader allow you to play movie DVDs? If so how?
I tried to play the Doom and the Tetris that came along with the folder yet neither would load, but I could get Quake going.
And besides the NES emulator and there are other emulators that are running well for it? What about a PS1 or N64?
I know you guys can't provide links, and I am not asking for any, just wondering a few things.

strygwyrm

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I hav recently been trying various loaders and it seems as they all pose a problem for me. Backup Launcher 0.3 for example, requires you to install a new cIOS and as soon as the application is started from the HomeBrew Channel my Wii freezes. I have read some where that this may indicate a problem with my internet connection but my internet connection is working fine (tested by using the internet channel). I have also heard if people having problems with diffirent SD Cards but mine is a Kingston 2gb which works fine with everything else so im preety sure that isnt the problem.
When my wii was purchased it was on 3.3 and I have since downgraded to 3.2. I have tried the back up disks o na chipped wii and they worked fine which indicates that its not the disk either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
~Stryg

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
krissynz said:
Also does the backup loader allow you to play movie DVDs? If so how?
I tried to play the Doom and the Tetris that came along with the folder yet neither would load, but I could get Quake going.
And besides the NES emulator and there are other emulators that are running well for it? What about a PS1 or N64?
I know you guys can't provide links, and I am not asking for any, just wondering a few things.

backup loader cant play movies - theres an app called Mplayer that plays movies
How old is the zip you got ? I had tetris doom and quake in the older zips i had out there but they are gone for quite a while ! Im wondering if someone took the older zips i had and repackaged them - all old files if so

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.