• Total voters

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Another feature that could be added to the table is the ability to load real disks. I know GX and WiiFlow can. I'm pretty sure PostLoader can't. I don't know about CFG but I kinda think so.

ALSO, the ability to show multiple partitions/devices at once ... I know GX can and WiiFlow can't ... not sure about the others.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Postloader can run retail GC or Wii disks. It's just not an automatic thing. You just open up the bottom pop-up menu and hit run disk(make sure you have a game in first).

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice feature, abz.
What's the page view in the first line?
Also, GX returns homebrew to channel for me but I don't know if it is because of the modified ppcboot.elf that I use. I'll check and let you know.
Hey, I just confirmed, GX returns homebrew to channel, even if you have the normal ppcboot.elf in the bootmii folder.
The nice thing about having the modified one, is that even GCN games return to loader when using the DML button combo.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice feature, abz.
What's the page view in the first line?
Also, GX returns homebrew to channel for me but I don't know if it is because of the modified ppcboot.elf that I use. I'll check and let you know.
Hey, I just confirmed, GX returns homebrew to channel, even if you have the normal ppcboot.elf in the bootmii folder.
The nice thing about having the modified one, is that even GCN games return to loader when using the DML button combo.
You don't need a modified ppcboot.elf file for that, you just have to edit bootmii.ini. You could do the same thing with Priiloader.

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a modified ppcboot.elf file for that, you just have to edit bootmii.ini. You could do the same thing with Priiloader.
I thought the only options there were SM or HBC:

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC

Are you saying I can put my channel ID in that line and it will launch it?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ABZ:
Unless I'm missing something, USB Loader GX only supports d2x cIOS's. Whenever I've tried a different one, like 38rev17, upon trying to load a game, a prompt appears stating that only d2x is supported.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought the only options there were SM or HBC:

# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC

Are you saying I can put my channel ID in that line and it will launch it?
Oh, I thought you were saying it would return to the Homebrew Channel. You do need a modified ppcboot.elf if you want Bootmii to launch any channel.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
ABZ:
Unless I'm missing something, USB Loader GX only supports d2x cIOS's. Whenever I've tried a different one, like 38rev17, upon trying to load a game, a prompt appears stating that only d2x is supported.
Actually, it comes in a 222 version as well as the 249 and 250 ones and I'm pretty sure other 249's work. You just can't do nand emulation without d2x.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Wiiflow can hide titles if you edit the gameconfig ini file..

Also wiiflow has internal configuration.
That's not an acceptable method for hiding stuff, so doesn't count
Yes I know it has internal config, but you need to edit the ini using a text editor for paths and stuff, in GX you can browse/select target folders and edit pretty much everything.
:)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I must say it's a very nice comparison chart you've made there, AbdallahTerro. If I could vote to like it twice, I would have. :)

My vote went to postloader. On neek2o, I'd say it still has the best of...well, of anything, actually. It wasn't until wiiflow 4.0 that I considered another loader even in the same league when it came to xneek (yes, joyflow and the neek-modifications of CFG and GX could load you a game...but that was pretty much it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: