AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks @[member='Wever'], btw is the PL info all correct I had a few "?" there. If all is good I'll remove those Q-marks

Ok E, I'll change it to "internal + ini" on my next update. I'm trying to be objective here but few things are in a gray area :P

Edit: You can add "D-Pad shrtcuts" and "Gestures" to the "FEW" 20 lines of path too :)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Doesn't postloader also loads via IOS58 and AHBPROT? I know it does in neek2o (it has to be...cIOS don't work there :P ), but I have no idea what it does on real nand.

I gotta say I don't consider these sorts of polls as "battles". This isn't a corporate world where it's "either you're the best or number 2, or you'll have to find another market!"...this is a non-profit community. To me, the diversity of the different loaders is a good thing. There isn't "one best loader" because not everyone has the same priorities as to what makes a loader 'the best'.
(a simple example: all the banner animations take time to set up. Postloader probably has the best startup time exactly because it uses simple 2d pictures)

Now I'm thinking of it...I better set this thread in my favorites to point to whenever someone asks what the best loader is. :)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Oh, thanks Wever for the info concerning IOS 58, I never tried to load PL on real Nand with no cIOS installed, maybe @stfour can tell us if this works or we get a missing cIOS message. I mentioned somewhere in the table that PL is the only one that runs using sneek2o (also this makes it a good way to launch Triforce Mario GP/quadforce games).
And about the battle, obviously this was a joke :), all these loaders have their ups and downs and I use them and like them all :)

Edit: Triple 8's in the poll ;)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiflow can now hide titles via the new categories update r690. make a category named hidden and put games in it. when set to X for hidden then those games won't show. same as GX.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
In addition to Disc cover view and play count.
:)
I know Cfg has Disc cover view, and I imagine all other Wii loaders do too, except NeoGamma.
I think he might mean supporting the image of the disk itself.
R92E01.png
think there are some older, obsoletish ones like uLoader that supported that but I think GX is the only one that remains.

Also, as far as play count, I think WiiFlow can sorder games by play count or something .. but it definitely doesn't show them on screen.

EDIT : Kinda curious, what's the difference between the "easy favorites mode (star)" mentioned in the CFG unique features and the favorites star button in WiiFlow? (I'm not that familar with CFG)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
In addition to Disc cover view and play count.
:)
I know Cfg has Disc cover view, and I imagine all other Wii loaders do too, except NeoGamma.
I think he might mean supporting the image of the disk itself.
R92E01.png
think there are some older, obsoletish ones like uLoader that supported that but I think GX is the only one that remains.
I know what he means, and Cfg supports it. You really should try out Cfg sometime instead of just putting "No" for every option you haven't checked. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo