Bandai Namco reveals announcement trailer for a new One Piece RPG

luffy.png

Bandai Namco released a trailer yesterday for One Piece Odyssey, a new RPG based on the long running manga and anime by Eiichiro Oda, who also has written the story for the game. The two and a half minute trailer gives some glimpses at cutscenes involving Luffy and his crew, a new character and some bits of gameplay. They additionally reveal the developer as ILCA,Inc and will feature music from composer Motoi Sakuraba of the Tales of series. It is currently set for a 2022 release date, with pre-orders available now.

One Piece Odyssey will release on PS4 and PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

:arrow:SOURCE

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I was wondering where I'd heard of the devs. They're the guys who did BDSP right? Neat.

I said this in messages but I'll just echo it here, I'm desperate for an open world One Piece game where you can travel across the ocean. I don't think we'll ever see it but man if we do, I'd put so much into that.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
When this anime was translated to my language I was already an adult, and besides that, the presentation of it is awful, so I never felt compelled to try get into it.

That said, the cult following one piece is huge, here at least, it is almost as big as Saint Seiya or Dragon Ball, but it seems that no game from this universe ever taken off.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
music by Motoi Sakuraba is a must have. I just preordered it for the ps5 from bandai-namco's website. I'm still waiting for elden ring collector's edition to come back in stock. I plan to get that for the series x.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After seeing the manga go crazy

revealing Luffy as Joy Boy I hope we get a dlc story expansion of his devil fruit awakening.

Other than that this looks like an interesting story.

Last edited by Veho,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a huge fan of one piece, i'm really hyped for this one
To all fans, please take a look at my one piece group on Temp :)
I've actually never seen nor read the anime/manga. however, when I was in Japan, a friend of mine said one piece was the most popular anime in Japan. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not really into anime/manga, despite liking the art style, but I do like games that are that way.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've actually never seen nor read the anime/manga. however, when I was in Japan, a friend of mine said one piece was the most popular anime in Japan. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not really into anime/manga, despite liking the art style, but I do like games that are that way.
One piece has been the best manga seller for like 15 years, being beaten for only one year (2019 i think) by demon slayer
As mentionned in the video, one piece celebrates its25th anniversary this year

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One piece has been the best manga seller for like 15 years, being beaten for only one year (2019 i think) by demon slayer
what brought me in his the composer. I really like Sakuraba's style. been playing tales of arise (just past the 50 hour mark actually), and I think I'm nearing the end of the game.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also like the art style of the game. it reminds me of dragon quest xi. I think Toriyama did that one, didn't he? iirc, he did dragon ball as well.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what brought me in his the composer. I really like Sakuraba's style. been playing tales of arise (just past the 50 hour mark actually), and I think I'm nearing the end of the game.
Tale of arise? Never heard but...
Bandai Namco released a trailer yesterday for One Piece Odyssey, a new RPG based on the long running manga and anime by Eiichiro Oda, who also has written the story for the game. The two and half minute trailer gives some glimpses at cutscenes involving Luffy and his crew, a new character and some bits of gameplay. They additionally reveal the developer as ILCA,Inc and will feature music from composer Motoi Sakuraba of the Tales of series. It is currently set for a 2022 release date, with pre-orders available now.

One Piece Odyssey will release on PS4 and PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

:arrow:SOURCE

Dear chary, you wrote Tale of series :tpi:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tale of arise? Never heard but...

Dear chary, you wrote Tale of series :tpi:
it's the game that got me back to playing new games again. I'd play some every now and then, but not very a long length of time. I did put in over 100 hours in super mario odyssey though, but other than that, not much of anything else for two, going on three generations of consoles.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hate that 3D anime look tbh. They look like plastic. But as much as I love One Piece, I'm not interested in this game anyway.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One Piece has had a lot of games, but a lot kinda suck. Except this one, this looks promising.

Anyone remember World Seeker? That at first looked amazing though it ended up being a disappointment.

The only bigger disappointment will be Netflix's series.

Reactions: SleepingGuru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work