Hacking Banners/icon templates for Wii VC

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I injected Super Smash Bros Brawl into Mario Galaxy from eshop and It worked very well. I've already injected Smash Bros Brawl, Wii Sports and Wii Sports resort and all worked perfectly.
Did you also inject wimmfii as well and did it work? I cannot see wimmfii working myself it would not stack up but others seem to tell me different also did you use the "Gamepad" option and did that work as well because most of the games I have injected with gamepad option don't work its only been Mario Kart that has worked like this way for me so far all you get is a screen with gamepad option to see the game but none of the controls work alongside and sometimes it errors out! Apart from that it seems 100% stable, every game that I have tested so far injecting wii titles has worked unlike the N64 injection method..

Last edited by Reecey,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you also inject wimmfii as well and did it work? I cannot see wimmfii working myself it would not stack up but others seem to tell me different also did you use the "Gamepad" option and did that work as well because most of the games I have injected with gamepad option don't work its only been Mario Kart that has worked like this way for me so far all you get is a screen with gamepad option to see the game but none of the controls work alongside and sometimes it errors out! Apart from that it seems 100% stable, every game that I have tested so far injecting wii titles has worked unlike the N64 injection method..
Yes patched wimmfi Mario kart works. For games that use classic controller support look at this so most of these will support gamepad controller.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes

Reactions: Reecey

RC_10

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World

Attachments

• Symphonia.rar
    915.5 KB · Views: 301
  • bootTvTex.png
    bootTvTex.png
    109 KB · Views: 733
  • Symphonia.rar
    915.5 KB · Views: 285
  • bootDrcTex.png
    bootDrcTex.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 582
  • bootTvTex.png
    bootTvTex.png
    109 KB · Views: 549
  • iconTex.png
    iconTex.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 547
Reactions: zanetheinsane

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes patched wimmfi Mario kart works. For games that use classic controller support look at this so most of these will support gamepad controller.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games_with_traditional_control_schemes
Excellent! I wish I had this page back when I started, thanks its a great help. Silent Hill & Dead Space are not on the list so that would not of helped me at the time I can be excused for not knowing that.

I never patched MK on the first go I will go back and do it again, its just uploading it, it takes along time. The trouble is with mega free accounts it has a limits on uploading speeds else I could cruise it without!

Last edited by Reecey,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent! I wish I had this page back when I started. Thanks its a great help. Silent Hill & Dead Space are not on the list so that would not of helped me at the time I can be excused for not knowing that.

I never patched MK on the first go I will go back and do it again, its just uploading it, it takes along time. The trouble is with mega free account it has a limit on uploading speeds else I could cruise it!
Yes but at least you can still run them from 1 hard drive. Even games that don't support gamepad are good to have on the same hard drive you use for Wii U games. It saves switching hard drives or using ustealth etc.

Reactions: zeldaism

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but at least you can still run them from 1 hard drive. Even games that don't support gamepad are good to have on the same hard drive you use for Wii U games. It saves switching hard drives or using ustealth etc.
I'm not sure what you mean? I thought the "Gamepad mod in the meta.xml file, 65537" was just so you could use the gamepad controls with out WiiRemote & Nunchuck I didn't know it had anything else to do with hard drives etc.. can you explain please I would like to know? I could do with knowing.

Last edited by Reecey,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what you mean? I thought the "Gamepad mod in the meta.xml file, 65537" was just so you could use the gamepad controls with out WiiRemote & Nunchuck I didn't know it had anything else to do with hard drives etc.. can you explain please I would like to know? I could do with knowing.
The gamepad mod in the meta will only work with games that natively support classic controller on Wii. A lot of games on Wii make use of motion controls so there unable to be patched. Using injects this way you can have them on the same hard drive as Wii U games thus not needing another hard drive for your Wii games. Does that make sense?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
The gamepad mod in the meta will only work with games that natively support classic controller on Wii. A lot of games on Wii make use of motion controls so there unable to be patched. Using injects this way you can have them on the same hard drive as Wii U games thus not needing another hard drive for your Wii games. Does that make sense?
Yes I am with you now. Its opened huge possibility's now using Wii titles on your WiiU HDD without the need of a separate HDD for vWii to boot them. What would really put the "icing on the cake" so to speak would being able to inject Gamecube ISO's somehow the same way.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Columbo2811

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Does Newer work with the gamepad? I know it had classic controller support added :)
I had the same idea as you, it wont work the reason being is because I changed the meta.xml file using Fillezilla to see if New Super Mario Bros Wii would work that way but it doesn't. You can see the game on the screen but again none of the controls work.

I also tried with Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Donkey Kong, Paper Mario none of them worked. I did change Resident Evil 4 but I didn't test it out, that should work ok.

Last edited by Reecey,

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It wont work the reason being is because I changed the meta.xml file using Fillezilla to see if New Super Mario Bros Wii would work that way I had the same idea as you but it doesn't. You can see the game on the screen but again none of the controls work.
Hm that's weird and it sucks :/ The control is weird anyway run with B and jump with A... Still it would be good to know if other games has also the problem that they support the pro controller, but doesn't work with the gamepad. Is it possible to inject the dkcr classic controller code into the iso? If yes someone should try it if it works with gamepad.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm that's weird and it sucks :/ The control is weird anyway run with B and jump with A... Still it would be good to know if other games has also the problem that they support the pro controller, but doesn't work with the gamepad. Is it possible to inject the dkcr classic controller code into the iso? If yes someone should try it if it works with gamepad.
I tried Donkey Kong Country as well that didn't work either. I changed a few WiiVC titles while I was using Fillezilla thinking it would work but none worked.

I agree with you this change with the meta.xml file is very weird, you would think Wii titles such as Donkey Kong Country, New Super Mario Wii, Paper Mario etc.. would certainly work.

Last edited by Reecey,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Columbo2811,
Reactions: GamingAori

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Donkey doesn't support classic controller so these games will not work. You can't force games that never supported classic controller without patching them if that would even work.
Here's a patch
http://www.pixlbit.com/news/1037/donkey_kong_country_returns_gets_classic_controller_support
That's very handy if someone wanted to convert Donkey Kong Country as an inject VC to get classic controller support working. I was just changing titles that I had already been installed, legit WiiVC titles, not injects.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I meant that patch would it be possible to inject it in an iso? I only used this patch through an usb loader and the gecko codes there. And I though @Reecey meant Newer super mario bros wii and not new super mario bros wii ^^'
I did mean the original New Super Mario Bros Wii version but I would of thought the Newer Super Mario Bros ISO would be the same outcome, the ISO is based on that original game so I doubt the gamepad would support that version as well. Of course you can never say never until someone has actually tested the game to see if that's the outcome I'm just presuming that's the case.

Last edited by Reecey,

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did mean the original New Super Mario Bros Wii version but I would of thought the Newer Super Mario Bros ISO would be the same outcome, the ISO is based on that original game so I doubt the gamepad would support that version as well. Of course you can never say never until someone has actually tested the game to see if that's the outcome I'm just presuming that's the case.
Newer support the pro controller so it should work and yeah I read it later that you meant the original

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone do me a meta folder please for Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, Ooh, yeah... Mario Golf got to be done! that's my next one.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT