Barack Fu Officially Announced

upload_2018-6-29_12-1-33.png

Perhaps one of the hardest secrets I've had to keep, Barack Fu was today announced to be coming as an expansion for the hit game Shaq Fu. This might not be as much of a surprise as the developers were hoping for, details of the game leaking via its PSN trophies, and later getting datamined by curious individuals. Despite this, much of the desired shock and disbelief for what is ultimately an absurd idea built on top of a game I still struggle to believe exists is flying around social media. You can check out the announcement trailer below.

Having had a hands-on experience with this content when I went to London last month, I can tell you it is the sole reason I bought the game's physical edition. This expansion is an entirely new adventure through the eyes of a parodied Barack Obama (sadly not the man himself) and I dare say its humour outshines that of Shaq Fu itself. At the event, each member of staff I asked told me their preference for this over the base game, and I'm honestly sad it took them this long to announce it. If you picked up the physical version, the content should be available today for free on each platform. The expansion will eventually release to digital owners as DLC at a later date, so be patient and you'll get your ex-POTUS action before you know it.

:arrow: Shaq Fu Initial Impressions
:arrow: Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder how Obama feels about this... :unsure:
Does this even count as fair use?

It could only be topped by putting Trump and Kim in it.
It's parody so I think they're fine legally speaking, shame they couldn't talk him into voicing his own character tho

Reactions: ThoD

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's parody so I think they're fine legally speaking, shame they couldn't talk him into voicing his own character tho
There must be some line they're crossing here though, right?
Well, I guess it's no different from what South Park have been doing and getting away with for many years. I'm amazed they got away with it TBH.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There must be some line they're crossing here though, right?
Well, I guess it's no different from what South Park have been doing and getting away with for many years. I'm amazed they got away with it TBH.
From what I was told at the preview event I went to, they never actually asked permission to use Obama's likeness. They said the idea was it'd be released and in peoples' hands before it was announced, so even if there were a problem, the game would already be out there. Take that with a grain of salt though, since I was also told Barack Fu would launch alongside Shaq Fu and not a month later.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fake news, if Joe Cool needed to take a hit out on someone, he'd use a drone strike.

I love my president, but damn, if you're gonna do a parody, do it right.
Drone strike is one of his attacks lol

Reactions: DS1
D

Deleted User

This... this is beautiful. It's the closest thing I can imagine to God himself directing a video game.

I can't believe that in our current society Charles Barkley was shafted for Obama simply due to him suffering from HIV/AIDS, society still has a lot of hoops to score smh
Maybe the game should have Charles Barkley as a boss. Bonus points if they somehow manage to tie it in with Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me the best game ever made.
“Skyrim”
I said the real best game.
“Zelda”
“Super Mario”
“Doom”
For the last time man, give me the absolute best game ever made.
“Barack Fu”
Finally.

Reactions: ATofix

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no, it took 8 years to get rid of him.

I guess the premise of the game is "getting away with doing nothing". you just sit there earning points and achievements.

level 1 - ruin race relations
level 2 - get a nobel prze for doing nothing
level 3 - achieve only dancing on talk shows
level 4 - put kids in immigration camps and fly under the radar pinning it on trump

Last edited by MadonnaProject,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM