Hacking Battery bug on 2.3.0

Rauliki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have 2 Switches on 2.3.0 firmware. I turned them off (not put to sleep!) with almost full battery and after close to a month of not using, both of them had 1% battery when turned on. I haven't read anything about battery bug on that firmware.
Does anyone seen such behaviour on their Switches?

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Make sure the controllers are not connected. I have two Switches (with different firmwares), both turned off for a long time amd the ones with controllers connected had 20% left and the one without controllers still had 90%.

Rauliki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What was the temperature/humidity in the place you were storing them? If it was too hot it's possible that the batteries bled charge
20-22C. I don't think it is too hot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make sure the controllers are not connected. I have two Switches (with different firmwares), both turned off for a long time amd the ones with controllers connected had 20% left and the one without controllers still had 90%.
Controllers were connected. I think I will buy controllers charger because that's bad design in ny opinion

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Just keep them (controlers?) on the charger. Its better for its (the chargers?) lifespan?
Phones have this as well (What, controllers? Chargers? Interactions with controllers and charger? Controllers that draw power all the time, even if the system is turned off? - Here are the answers to those questions: No, yes, no, no, no.)

What are you trying to say? ;)

Its better for the controllers lifespan if it draws charge all the time - regadless if used or not? Answer: No.

Last edited by notimp,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some say if you use turn OFF feature it doesn't completely turn the console OFF... I don't own a Switch but I think those users say you have to press power for a few seconds so it completely shut off.

It's not normal to lose all the battery in just a month of storage...

Rauliki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Some say if you use turn OFF feature it doesn't completely turn the console OFF... I don't own a Switch but I think those users say you have to press power for a few seconds so it completely shut off.

It's not normal to lose all the battery in just a month of storage...
That's why I think it's a battery bug. Why would joycon use so much battery from console if it's turned off? And as I did it on two Switches I would say it would be common. Does anyone know a way to turn off joycons before turning console off?

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care to start a new thread so I'll revive this dead one if you don't mind - My sister's switch battery indicator is now bugged where it charges fine up to 100 and is slowly drained and power is cut at 35%. Capacity is the same. I've tried to cycle it four times now but no change. When I boot it normally it cuts at 43% and on SX it cuts at 35%. Is there anything else I could try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1