• Total voters

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'll probably get both.

I mean, Battlefield 3 just looks amazing, and the game looks like it's shaping up to be a really well made, fun singe and multiplayer experience. Meanwhile, despite the somewhat silly plot, I found the single player of Modern Warfare 2 to be fun and gripping. I'll pick up the sequel to see where the new guys take the series and to enjoy the COD multiplayer experience.

I think Battlefield 3 will end up being the better game, but I'm sure that I'll end up enjoying both. I think there's more than enough room for the two of them.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyrix said:
Im torn, why must the BF3 taunt me so..... Dont have enough money for MW3 prestage and Skyrim collectors edition
I swear you did that on purpose.
Anyway i'll buy MW3 at a later date.

Edit: wow I just found out you can driver tanks in water, or atleast you can with the Operation Metro map.

Chikaku-chan

ᏁᎽᎪ~
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
kevan said:
Skyrix said:
Im torn, why must the BF3 taunt me so..... Dont have enough money for MW3 prestage and Skyrim collectors edition
I swear you did that on purpose.
Anyway i'll buy MW3 at a later date.

Edit: wow I just found out you can driver tanks in water, or atleast you can with the Operation Metro map.

Im glad you found that. Yes it was just for you
wink.gif

sjpierre317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im more familiar with MW and battlefield looks great...however sometimes the ones your friends you friend play the most dictates which one you get first cuz obviously you wanna play with your friends lol...but im most likely going to get both, that's just me though

sjpierre317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im more familiar with MW and battlefield looks great...however sometimes the ones your friends get first and play the most, dictates which one you get first cuz obviously you wanna play with your friends lol...but im most likely going to get both, why miss out on either one?
yay.gif
that's just me though
mthrnitesmiley.gif

4-leaf-clover

SHSL LUCKSTER :/
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MW3 i just like the play style of cod and i don't really care about graphics (i think gameplay matters more then graphics because even a game with the best graphics can still suck but thats just me
tongue.gif
) ,
i like battlefield but i just hate it to to run 40km to get killed again (but thats just me) , i think i will just buy them both.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will take BF over Console CoD (barring 3,4, and Big Red One) anyday. I like the large Battles and Maps, the importance of each class, and emphasis on communication, so it varies the group that will play it more.

Of course that's talking about the PC exclusives and 1943, but if it has those elements at all from the main games, then I'll stand by that.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll probably buy MW3 at launch, and grab Battlefield 3 at Christmas.

That said, I only really play CoD for the Zombie mode atm, and with Rezzurection coming out on Tuesday, I might not even bother with MW3.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZenZero said:

That said, I only really play CoD for the Zombie mode atm, and with Rezzurection coming out on Tuesday, I might not even bother with MW3.
It'd be nice if Activision would just make Zombies for the Arcade, PSN, and WiiWare as a standalone title. But then again, it's Activison.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
machomuu said:
ZenZero said:

It'd be nice if Activision would just make Zombies for the Arcade, PSN, and WiiWare as a standalone title. But then again, it's Activison.

They have done it with the App Store... >.<

On-topic. I MAY go for BF3 I have lost way to many friends because of COD.(They loved it that much that I began to hate it. When I said I hated COD they got angry
laugh.gif
)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Langin said:
machomuu said:
ZenZero said:

True, but that's a whole different story as AFAIK there are no CoD titles on there. Plus, the app store is made for time wasters such as Zombies (Though ffull length games aren't a impossible).

Also, if you actually lost friends because you said you hated CoD, they probably were't really your friends. My friends accept it and we continue on.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark Langin said:
machomuu said:
ZenZero said:

On-topic. I MAY go for BF3 I have lost way to many friends because of COD.(They loved it that much that I began to hate it. When I said I hated COD they got angry
laugh.gif
)
Yeah there bad friends D=
Go with BF3, you can always play Operation Metro for close up encounters.

sjpierre317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
I though I posted already but I guess not @_@
I'll be getting both. I find their multiplayer experience to be way too different to pick one over the other. MW3 for it's faster and simple multiplayer and to finish the story of the MW series. BF3 for it's Single Player also and more skillful multiplayer.

i don't think it has to do with skill, both games just have different directions in terms of game-play..bf3 is team based and mw3 has mixture of team base, but its more like run and shoot kind of game, but both games are different, so yeah getting both would be the best instead of choosing lol

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
sjpierre317 said:
Nebz said:
I though I posted already but I guess not @_@
I'll be getting both. I find their multiplayer experience to be way too different to pick one over the other. MW3 for it's faster and simple multiplayer and to finish the story of the MW series. BF3 for it's Single Player also and more skillful multiplayer.

i don't think it has to do with skill, both games just have different directions in terms of game-play..bf3 is team based and mw3 has mixture of team base, but its more like run and shoot kind of game, but both games are different, so yeah getting both would be the best instead of choosing lol
>Your opinion
Idk why you quoted me and sent me a message instead of just talking to me in person about it >_>

The way I see it... They're both war based FPS' with similar and maybe some different game types. The bigger difference? Guns are like lasers in MW and it doesn't take more than 1-3 players (depending on who you're playing with) to win the game by going lone wolf in any game type. This is followed with nothing but quickscope heroes, toob whores, and super campers who tend to shape the game the way it is. It's a fast paced, arcade shooter with bad mechanics for those who want a serious game... but it's still fun to play and destroy those who just can't grasp it and those who just aren't better than me (
evil.gif
) which is why I'll be getting it.

With Battlefield... I find it completely difficult to achieve things like this without team communication when facing decent players. From what I've played and unlike CoD, the guns don't all feel the same and work in their own respective nature. I've already stated they're mostly different and that's completely obvious at the first sight of this game. It would be stupid for someone to pick this or that over the other. They aren't the same game and they aren't trying to be the same game. Of course I'll be getting this though. I've had fun getting to play some of the BF games in the past few months and there's no way I'll even think about being left out from a few of the guys (You know who I mean. The ones who are getting this)

In terms of an overall difficulty in multiplayer, I think Battlefield takes a bit more skill and understanding than anything CoD has ever put out due to the fact that you you must play the objectives they way they're meant to be... as a team. CoD has team objectives, sure, but the only team part about it is the fact that you're grouped with people. Other than that, everyone on those teams is a free agent. They might have "different directions" but I still think it's BF>CoD when it comes to using "skill" aka your brain.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
machomuu said:
But then people would complain that they're just milking it by making it it's own game.
That's true, you can't make everyone happy I guess.

sjpierre317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude idk how this things works i was trying to figure out how to send messages or reply lol or respond to a comment..
but to what you said...both game require skill, and both game require u to use your brain... people become good at both games by adjusting to the nature the game demands...you can say bf3 is more tactical because its team base...but it doesn't require you to have more skill than mw3, just be more strategic and team base. i think bf3 works at a slower pace then mw3, like you don't run around and Get kills ( you could).. but yeh..

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
sjpierre317 said:
dude idk how this things works i was trying to figure out how to send messages or reply lol or respond to a comment..
but to what you said...both game require skill, and both game require u to use your brain... people become good at both games by adjusting to the nature the game demands...you can say bf3 is more tactical because its team base...but it doesn't require you to have more skill than mw3, just be more strategic and team base. i think bf3 works at a slower pace then mw3, like you don't run around and Get kills ( you could).. but yeh..
You're not getting it. Sure, CoD takes skill in some sense but it's widely regarded as a simple game and obviously being a lot simpler than the other will take less "skill". "Skill" in this sense is based on working well with your team, playing the objective appropriately, and being tactical... not some literal sense of skill since it's a damn video game.

The fact is they're both competing in the same market. They're seen by their players and developers as rival games of sorts. The games are both military action shooters and both FPS' trying to out do each other in some way. While they stand similarly they still have to compete with differences. IN MY OPINION, Call of Duty takes the crown for the easy game to jump into. It's fast paced, simple, and fun. You don't need to rely on others no matter what game type you play and can back out of it without harming anybody on your team (unless they just blatantly suck at an FPS or have 1 or 2/6 players on the team left). Battlefield plays at different paces depending on the game types. From what I've played, it can differ from a super slow 30 minute match to some quick, run & gun, and capture objective in 10 minutes thing. Surely none of these games take some type of REAL skill but "skill" in the way I'm speaking of it is all a matter of difficulty based on the game types, team play, and matter of further understanding which I feel Call of Duty lacks and makes up for in a fun, arcade shooter.

Agree or not, it's my opinion. You don't have to like but just don't try to show me yours as if I sort of cared or wanted to change my outlook.
You know I still love you though (no homo.) and I think it's cool you didn't hit me up all weekend to chill or whatever... I'm not even gonna sweat it.

EDIT: As I said, I'm getting both so it doesn't really matter to me. I know how I feel about the game that I want and that's all that matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn