• Total voters

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
The fact is they're both competing in the same market. They're seen by their players and developers as rival games of sorts. The games are both military action shooters and both FPS' trying to out do each other in some way. While they stand similarly they still have to compete with differences. IN MY OPINION, Call of Duty takes the crown for the easy game to jump into. It's fast paced, simple, and fun. You don't need to rely on others no matter what game type you play and can back out of it without harming anybody on your team (unless they just blatantly suck at an FPS or have 1 or 2/6 players on the team left). Battlefield plays at different paces depending on the game types. From what I've played, it can differ from a super slow 30 minute match to some quick, run & gun, and capture objective in 10 minutes thing. Surely none of these games take some type of REAL skill but "skill" in the way I'm speaking of it is all a matter of difficulty based on the game types, team play, and matter of further understanding which I feel Call of Duty lacks and makes up for in a fun, arcade shooter.
But it's not really an arcade shooter, now is it? People always say that, but a real Arcade Shooter is Time Crisis or Jurassic Park, do you know what you mean when you say that? I hear that term thrown around so often without people actually thinking of it's meaning.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Battlefield 3...the PC version from what I hear. I played some of the beta game and its was awesome.

CoD went downhill after the second game...CoD3 and WaW were good, MW is ok but much better as a online title. MW2 & Black Ops are terrible games but at least Black Ops has a great zombie mode.

I'm just done with explosions after explosion and require some depth with my war FPS. Also CoD has the worst story in history, there's a reason to why many people don't want it for its single player mode.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
The fact is they're both competing in the same market. They're seen by their players and developers as rival games of sorts. The games are both military action shooters and both FPS' trying to out do each other in some way. While they stand similarly they still have to compete with differences. IN MY OPINION, Call of Duty takes the crown for the easy game to jump into. It's fast paced, simple, and fun. You don't need to rely on others no matter what game type you play and can back out of it without harming anybody on your team (unless they just blatantly suck at an FPS or have 1 or 2/6 players on the team left). Battlefield plays at different paces depending on the game types. From what I've played, it can differ from a super slow 30 minute match to some quick, run & gun, and capture objective in 10 minutes thing. Surely none of these games take some type of REAL skill but "skill" in the way I'm speaking of it is all a matter of difficulty based on the game types, team play, and matter of further understanding which I feel Call of Duty lacks and makes up for in a fun, arcade shooter.
But it's not really an arcade shooter, now is it? People always say that, but a real Arcade Shooter is Time Crisis or Jurassic Park, do you know what you mean when you say that? I hear that term thrown around so often without people actually thinking of it's meaning.
If you get down to the nitty gritty, it's not exactly an arcade shooter. I use the term just to say how it's something fun to just casually jump into and put down. I'm not sure how others throw it around.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I see I sort of picked up that phrase from others. I'll stick to just calling it casual since that's basically what I mean
unsure.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
If you get down to the nitty gritty, it's not exactly an arcade shooter. I use the term just to say how it's something fun to just casually jump into and put down. I'm not sure how others throw it around.
But really, it's not very much like an arcade shooter, you don't even need to get nitty-gritty or technical about it. By what you're saying it's more of a pick-me-up game.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
machomuu said:
Nebz said:
But really, it's not very much like an arcade shooter, you don't even need to get nitty-gritty or technical about it. By what you're saying it's more of a pick-me-up game.

Yeah. I edited my last post about it again. I think it's just something I picked up when reading CoD topics between here and Gamefaqs. Although I'm not sure if I'm expressing it the same way THEY meant it, I didn't realize how misunderstood it sort of sounded until you pointed it out. I'll just be sure to say what I mean to say instead of hiding things like it being casual or a "pick-me-up" under arcade shooter.

sjpierre317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude its same thing i said, ur just wording it differently, idk what im not getting but i already the mw is straight forward and simple...again all the game bf3 is asking to to play differently than mw3, mw3 requires just as much skill, even if you just run around and shoot it, it requires something different from bf3, but both game demand the skill that they're made to be played with....that's all im saying....

and dude i know its your opinion so you don't have to say it lol , just like this is mine..i mean i understand what your saying lol,

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
sjpierre317 said:
dude its same thing i said, ur just wording it differently, idk what im not getting but i already the mw is straight forward and simple...again all the game bf3 is asking to to play differently than mw3, mw3 requires just as much skill, even if you just run around and shoot it, it requires something different from bf3, but both game demand the skill that they're made to be played with....that's all im saying....

and dude i know its your opinion so you don't have to say it lol , just like this is mine..i mean i understand what your saying lol,
I worded it different because it seems like you just don't get the fact it's what I think of the game and I think another fact is that I sort of don't care what you have to say. If you're quoting me and saying to me what your opinion is then it seems more like you're trying to press your opinion on to me for... well... I don't know... disagreeing with my opinion? or maybe trying to change the way I look at it? Since it's none of that then putting your opposing opinion against mine was just pointless when you could have just said which one you're getting, your reasons why, and left it at that. I don't believe they are on the same skill level in terms of what I believe is skill. If you already understand what I first expressed then there's really no point in you to continuously tell me YOUR opinion. It's just really random especially when this topic is just a matter of which game you'll be buying and I felt the need to just lay my reasons for the Topic Creator and not begin a full on convo between whoever else.

Now if I said it was a fact that CoD is inferior to Battlefield because of skill in my original post then maybe your opinion would matter but... I didn't. I simply said Battlefield takes more "skill". Not that it's better but just that it takes... more... skill. They're competitors and it's undeniable how they can be compared whether it be for similarities or differences. The sense of skill I use is used the same for both games. Playing team based objectives as a team and having to understand your surroundings more are a bit of what goes into what I mean by "skill". Obviously from what I've experienced and have seen, CoD extremely lacks in that. I'm not saying Call of duty sucks because of this but instead I'm saying it's just an area where Battlefield succeeds in.

Generally, I'd choose CoD over Battlefield any day and I have more to say about why but this isn't the topic for that. It's just my small bit of an opinion or reasons as to why I'm getting both and since you understand that then you don't need to point anything out about it unless you wanted to stir something up. Again, you can agree or disagree but the bottom line is that in this topic I don't care (not to be rude).

sjpierre317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had no intentions of stirring anything up, i just joined this forum to talk with other people about games
rofl.gif
..but u just took the fun right out of it..you know im not one to stir things up, especially online....with all due respect..all in all, you have your opinion and i have mines...lets just leave it at that lol..
yay.gif

Z

Zorua

Wow, 40 people voted for BF3 and 17 for COD....
Looks like MW3 won't break the previous sales records, eh?
Not many people are hyped about it and dissing COD has become a common hobby.
Anyway, as for me, I'll be getting both because I'm an FPS fanboy.
yay.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive clocked in hours of CoD on consoles, and hours of BFBC2 on PC; so im just logically getting both.

Although im getting mw3 for both PS3 and PC since i have a load of friends on both systems, but as for BF3 only PC - it's made for it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
ive clocked in hours of CoD on consoles, and hours of BFBC2 on PC; so im just logically getting both.

Although im getting mw3 for both PS3 and PC since i have a load of friends on both systems, but as for BF3 only PC - it's made for it.
Not in this case. While that holds true for Battlefield 1942 - Battlefield 2142, BF3 is made more for the consoles as it's trying to integrate a lot of BC1 and 2 into itself. Well, that is, if you don't consider BC1+2 PC games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
machomuu said:
FireGrey said:
Both are terrible
But MW3 is slightly less terrible by the fact that more people will play it.
Have you ever played Battlefield? Ever?
No and i don't ever plan on doing so.
You can't say it's terrible without having played it. Well you can, but that says alot about you're credibility.

Also, I just watched the trailer and I'm speechless (or stunned, not in a good way). This is not Battlefield 3, I know that much, it's definitely BC3 with some doses of BF mixed in. Whether it will be good or not is anyone's guess, and I'll be waiting.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
FireGrey said:
machomuu said:
FireGrey said:
Both are terrible
You can't say it's terrible without having played it. Well you can, but that says alot about you're credibility.

Also, I just watched the trailer and I'm speechless (or stunned, not in a good way). This is not Battlefield 3, I know that much, it's definitely BC3 with some doses of BF mixed in. Whether it will be good or not is anyone's guess, and I'll be waiting.
I saw trailers for it but it just bores me.
I'm not really into war/fps games that much.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
machomuu said:
FireGrey said:
machomuu said:
FireGrey said:
Both are terrible

I saw trailers for it but it just bores me.
I'm not really into war/fps games that much.
Neither am I, that's how I know it's a great series (well, the original 3 were). Also, you can't tell that a game's terrible just from a trailer.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
sjpierre317 said:
i had no intentions of stirring anything up, i just joined this forum to talk with other people about games
rofl.gif
..but u just took the fun right out of it..you know im not one to stir things up, especially online....with all due respect..all in all, you have your opinion and i have mines...lets just leave it at that lol..
yay.gif
Yeah I know and that's great. This just wasn't the topic for you to begin THAT though. I didn't take the fun out of anything... there was honestly just no point to any of the conversation we had in this topic. There's rules you have to abide by (going off topic and whatever else) which I'm sure in some way I'm actually going around right now. The convo we had would've been viable in another topic that was more... CoD Vs. BF like and not just "Which one will you buy?". They were just reasons and that was it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4