Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3 coming to Nintendo Switch

Bayo.png

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are coming to Nintendo Switch in February of 2018. I'm sure this will be great news to those who skipped these fantastic games on the Wii U.

On top of this amazing announcement, Bayonetta 3 has been confirmed to be in development for Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by Scarlet,

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cry me to the moon...

It's two games for the price of one, you know. It's a good deal unless you've already played the original

Additionally, it's $50 if you want just Bayonetta 2. And if, for some reason, you played Bayonetta 2 and not Bayonetta 1, you can buy the latter for just $30. It's a great deal.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Don't get me wrong Bayonetta is a great series, however i've got mixed feelings about this.

The Switch needs more new games, not another port of a Wii U game and an 8+ year old multi platform game.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo switch costume like link has in breath of the wild. :P

I dunno, lot has happened since 2014, so maybe some more easter eggs that tops bayonetta peach/zelda/samus. (Wish it was zero suit samus instead) :P
This does give a chance for the bayonetta amiibo to get used though I doubt it. The shulk amiibo been out since 2014 and two xenoblade games released, did not use it :(

i will 100% be honest. I was surprised there arn't LoZ customes for the XenoBlade 2 characters and amiibo support to unlock them faster. Especially since mario n BotW both did it.

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't get me wrong Bayonetta is a great series, however i've got mixed feelings about this.

The Switch needs more new games, not another port of a Wii U game and an 8+ year old multi platform game.
No one wanted to buy a WiiU, and it's a shame so many good games are stuck on a system no one wants. I'd love to see more ports instead of having to buy an irrelevant console. Also, Bayo 3 is a new game, isn't it?

Reactions: DarthDub

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
>_> com'n I have the first print edition for the Wii U. What special boohoo is coming this time?
This time it's on a console that people actually bought. That makes it a special edition. xD

Did you miss the Bayonetta 3 announcement in this same thread?

Last edited by Xzi,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I somewhat disagree with you here. The Switch benefits hugely from a balance of original games and ports; especially if those ports are rescuing games from the obscurity of the Wii U. More Wii U games will come, Mario 3D World and Mario Maker spring to mind as big hitters that'll sell well a second time (probably even better). It's not as though these ports are stopping the unique games from being developed, there's still a steady stream of them.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cry me to the moon...
And let me whine among the stars.

If only they had also announced a new game for the Switch. They really should make a Bayonetta 3.

Last edited by grossaffe,

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played Bayonetta, never had the want to buy it on my WiiU. I'm really happy that 1+2 & 3 are coming to Switch, because now I can actually play them on a system that I thoroughly enjoy supporting. I've spent well over $500 on switch games in the 9 months it's been out and I still have a handful I've yet to buy. These 3 games are gonna pile onto that, and I'm broke as is anyway! I'm glad that WiiU ports are coming to Switch for a second breath (Xenoblade X please!) and original games are looking even better.

Reactions: Xzi

farmin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do we have here, ANOTHER $60 port? Why Nintendo, What did we do to deserve this? Was it cause maybe the wii u sales wasn't as good as switch sales that you want payback?

(I hope is not $60) :ph34r:

I've honestly been hoping for this port since the Switch released, with the announcent of Bayo 3 alongside this I really don't see a downside.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've honestly been hoping for this port since the Switch released, with the announcent of Bayo 3 alongside this I really don't see a downside.
Depends, did you already pay $60 for it on wii u, and willing to pay $60 again for it on switch? To me, YES It is a downside. Unless it is reduced price, then that was my point. If you didn't buy the game on wii u then you are fine to say that there is no downside. If you did and don't mind paying $60 again for it, then you can say there is no downside. :mellow:

Is fine if you feel that way, but I don't believe in charging same full price for a port, that isn't common as far as I known and seen other games get published like that on other systems.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bayonetta 2 originally came in a double back with Bayonetta 1.
I don't plan on buynig a Switch any time soon but if the first two are at least packaged together and the third can fit along side it just fine, I might buy the games before I get the console.
Though I hope the pack of the first two are atleast budget priced.
I'd rather have a pack of all three and I'd want them all on physical carts, no digital dumb stuff.
Though really hope this means we see some more Platinum games on the Switch as that might be a little more incentive for me to get one, sides a New Pro XL F-zero Edition one.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'll would even take each game on separate carts. I rather that they done that than make it digital. Although, one and two on one cart would have been nice.

zepmike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excited for all three of these. I actually had 1+2 on Wii U but didn't finish them. At this point, probably not going back to Wii U, so I'm glad to have that console's best games not trapped on it (hoping Smash 4 DX announcement comes soon too).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...just when you thought there were enough reasons to buy a switch... I plan to pick up a switch someday, then go on a buying spree. :P

Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: