Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3 coming to Nintendo Switch

Bayo.png

Bayonetta 1 and 2 are coming to Nintendo Switch in February of 2018. I'm sure this will be great news to those who skipped these fantastic games on the Wii U.

On top of this amazing announcement, Bayonetta 3 has been confirmed to be in development for Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by Scarlet,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>_> com'n I have the first print edition for the Wii U. What special boohoo is coming this time?
Nintendo switch costume like link has in breath of the wild. :P

I dunno, lot has happened since 2014, so maybe some more easter eggs that tops bayonetta peach/zelda/samus. (Wish it was zero suit samus instead) :P
This does give a chance for the bayonetta amiibo to get used though I doubt it. The shulk amiibo been out since 2014 and two xenoblade games released, did not use it :(

Reactions: MartyDreamy

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Im really glad they kept their exclusive status despite the WiiU not being the best platform to release bayonetta 2 :)

Hope for the best ! :)
I mean, it's entirely unsurprising. To all the butthurt fans, the game wouldn't exist without it being on a Nintendo platform considering Nintendo literally funded the game. Seriously, do people not know that Nintendo published Bayonetta 2? Do they even know what publishing means?

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
People are unaware of the fact that PlatinumGames makes a pact with the devil Nintendo and there will be ONLY Nintendo-exclusives for Bayonetta now? I though that it's a widespread fact...

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I played Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Wii U because I keep hearing good reviews about them, honestly it's just a silly game that focus on how sexy ass she have, I didn't even find her sexy, her body looked weird, the gameplay is pure fast action with no skills at all, and the story is just so silly, comparing to Devil May Cry it's nothing unless you just want to kill time and smash the buttons the whole time.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if Baynoetta is a good or a bad game, I was never able to get into the hype.
I first played it on a friend's X360 for about 20 minutes almost a decade ago, didn't hook me in.
Then one boring day I was window-shopping (or at least that was the idea) and I saw Bayonetta 2 for Wii U for $10 so I bought it. Played a while (perhaps 5 hours or so) didn't finish it, it was entertaining but again didn't hook me in, I didn't play it again.
Afterwards one day MS gave me Bayonetta 1 "for free" on the XBX1 backward compatibility through their GOLD subscription.

I guess I already have Bayo1 and 2, and I have them almost for free... And still I don't put time into them...
Perhaps some day I get into them again and try to understand the hype, then perhaps I will want Bayo3, no idea, but not now.

What would you say is the uniqueness of these games that make them so beloved by many?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard a good positive about it (Not review things) but someone else. And i tried it but didnt seems interested in it so I stopped playing it. Not my things.

Anyway... Sega shouldn't release downloaded code for the first game and a physical version for the 2nd game. That's ridiculous. The same for Capcom version of Resident Evil Revelations. Sighing. Better speak up to Sega Company and Capcom for the next time not to do that! A physical versions are way better than digital versions!

Last edited by spotanjo3,
D

Deleted User

i ll buy bayonetta 1-3 of course. Still: i d prefer devil may cry collection on switch (not just ps4, pc and xbone :( )

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ll buy bayonetta 1-3 of course. Still: i d prefer devil may cry collection on switch (not just ps4, pc and xbone :( )

Tell that to Capcom. They will want to hear that from you. I doubt Capcom come here and read it. I might be wrong, thought.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QCRKDdI.jpg

Nonstop Climax Edition.

- includes Bayonetta 1+2 in a steelbook case
- includes 22 art cards
- also includes three sets of stickers
- due out Feb. 17 for 9980 yen

Yeah, I'm in.

I love that they're bringing this collection back. The WiiU just didn't have the consumer base for it, as joe88 and monkeyman mentioned. I hope more people get to play these fantastic games.

To be honest, I didn't think we were getting Bayonetta 3 - I fully expected Wonderful 102 or Mad World 2. I'm so glad I was wrong.

In terms of pricing; it's $60 for the standard combo, $49.99 for just Bayonetta 2 digitally (with the ability to then download Bayonetta 1 for $9.99), or $29.99 for Bayonetta 1 digitally and then an additional $29.99 for Bayonetta 2 digitally.

I don't recall how much the Nonstop Climax editions are, though - just that Japan, Europe and Australia are getting them. (The latter 2 under the name "Special Edition)

lHMzkvP_d.jpg

Last edited by Windaga,
Reactions: Scarlet

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What do we have here, ANOTHER $60 port? Why Nintendo, What did we do to deserve this? Was it cause maybe the wii u sales wasn't as good as switch sales that you want payback? :ninja:

(I hope is not $60) :ph34r:

Considering Skyrim Switch is 60$ (although you can get it slightly cheaper on some stores), I really wouldn't hold my breath.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sony owns Naughty Dog, why would any of their games be on other systems?
Platinum games isnt owned by nintendo, but they did heavily fund Bayonetta 2 (which ended up flopping hard in sales), its was just a combination of low wiiu sales, wiiu owners not buying anything that doesnt have mario or zelda in the title, and the platinum games curse, many fans or the original were angry over it, nintendo clearly didnt know their market.
I was surprised they would even bother with a 3rd game, I really don't think this one is gonna see very well either while getting great reviews in the process.
To me now, and since bayonetta 2, Nintendo "morally co-own" Batonetta, when Platinum knocked on Sony and Microsoft, one said "no we already have an exclusive planned (that was never released lmao) and one said "not suitale for our image", where nintendo said "we will publish you and not even control the developement"...
Buisness talking Platinum would have all reasons to make a xone/switch release of bayonetta 3 with the uncertain future of the switch, and the outcome of the WiiU, despite Bayonetta 2 being fantastic.
I have a really big respect to Platinum to keep that loyalty to the people who helped them.
I DO know they own naughty dog, was just saying that people where making odd statement saying that Bayonetta 2 SHOULD have been released to PS4/ONE and PC, but no, why would they release a title published by nintendo on other consoles, it's just as silly as wanting Uncharted on PC or Switch.

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cry me to the moon...

What do we have here, ANOTHER $60 port? Why Nintendo, What did we do to deserve this? Was it cause maybe the wii u sales wasn't as good as switch sales that you want payback? :ninja:

(I hope is not $60) :ph34r:
It's two games for the price of one, you know. It's a good deal unless you've already played the original

Last edited by shahanshah,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Why a port of this game is a really good idea is because the second game is now "locked" on a unpopular console. To just port it to the Switch that seem to be a heck of a lot more popular, it's a good move from Platinum and Nintendo to give it another chance to glow. Also you know... PR for the third?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY