Best 360 games/hidden gems

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where do you sit on the could get it on PC front? Many games at the time and a few since then have appeared on the PC. Still play just fine on the 360 and can often be had for next to nothing but some would instead opt for the PC. Similarly did you have a PS3? After a few years most games appeared on both.
Sticking with the hidden gems and things that have faded a bit from then general memory/public consciousness

RPG wise my three favourites last go around were Eternal Sonata, Resonance of Fate and MagnaCarta 2, picked all for interesting battle systems (I am so very bored of Final Fantasy 1-9 clones). Spec Ops: The Line, I kind of like Alpha Protocol but not all will, Vanquish recently made it onto the PC but is well worth looking at.
The XBLA port of Perfect Dark is unarguably the best version of it. XBLA bomberman does well too. In both cases ignore the disc releases of similar name. Actually if there are any N64 ports/remakes then between this and the Rare collection for the xbone they are the better ways to play them.

Skate 2 and Skate 3 are good stuff if you like skateboarding games.

Lord of the Rings War in the North is a nice little take on dungeon crawlers and is local co-op if that is your thing. There was once a promising line up of such games from smaller devs but they all turned out to be somewhat disappointing.

Better throw in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning in there somewhere.

Earth Defense Force is some classic sci fi cheese but in a surprisingly enjoyable game.

Bladestorm did many things right for many people and its praises kind of went unsung.

Deadly Premonition eventually made its way to the PC. It is a very odd game but one nobody that has played it has ever really regretted.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Will take a bit of getting into but should you get there then you might well have something you enjoy.

I will stick Venetica on this list. It played somewhat like a very good PS2 game but I really did have fun with this.

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron is something of a hidden gem. Some really disliked it but for some it just clicked, and if you want something pretty to look at then yeah. Similar story for the Alpha Protocol game mentioned before actually, except not so pretty to look at. There are quite a few "send in a hardnut to clear a room" type games on the 360, many of which don't stand out or have mass appeal like God of War, Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden II at least, Bayonetta or something but if you like the style then Afro Samurai, Wet, Ninety Nine Nights, Dante's Inferno, Blades of Time, X blades, Lollipop Chainsaw, Darksiders, Nier and most of their sequels and spinoffs and things from the same developers can be worth a look.

If you like shmups then the 360 is the device for you. https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-and-360-exclusives-a-discussion.360416/ has some more.

There were actually a few point-and-click games as well. The Gray Matter and various Sherlock Holmes games being of note for most.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!