Gaming Games that you HATE the most

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What are the games that you just hate the most? Here are mine and the reasons why I hate them:
  1. Fortnite, Among Us: Freaking OVERRATED!
  2. Cooking Mama: I cannot stand Mama's face that appears when you fail a task. Gosh, I hate her. The series is very childish as well.
  3. Pokémon: Also overrated. And not only that, there are lots of overrated characters like Lucario (why do people like him so much?)
  4. Final Fantasy: Apart from my not so good skills in RPGs, I have an hate for this series because everybody plays it and is never tired.

• Sad
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah any of those recent pokemon games that seem to be made by few highschool students during their breaks, despite coming from the company with the most profitable entertainment IP of all time.

Reactions: Megadriver94

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aside from Pokémon (this is not a thread for talking about Pokémon BTW), are there any games that any of you have an hate for?

tofino

catch the wave!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
osu!

i was one of the lucky few to not see it next time anymore.
its fun for the first few maps but then it hooks you in.
i lost a monitor and three drawing tablets to it.

Reactions: Blythe93

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half Life 2 is genuinely one of the most overrated jokes in gaming history and I wish that people would quit cumming to the fucking see-saws and buoyancy physics to see that the game underneath is hot garbage.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half Life 2 is genuinely one of the most overrated jokes in gaming history and I wish that people would quit cumming to the fucking see-saws and buoyancy physics to see that the game underneath is hot garbage.
It was phenominal and game-changing when it came out, but I think I have to agree. The actual game itself is about as exciting as a wet noodle

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything pokemon after gen 2 has no charm. Smash brothers is stupid, mostly because I can't play fighting games
I personally thought gen 3 was okay. anything beyond that was just too much. I did enjoy my time with Gen 6 though.

I totally get not liking Smash. I personally like it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. Fighting game enthusiast or not.
--

As for my hated games, the biggest thing I can think of is anything Battle Royale. (Especially Fortnite and PUBG). I can't stand them.

I also really hated Mario Party 8 because it was an empty shell of a game with a well-known title slapped onto it. Bowser party was cool....for about 5 minutes.

I'm also not a big fan of the survival genre either. They essentially took what worked with Minecraft, put a shiny coat of paint on it cause graphics, and made it boring as shit with extra mechanics that make the game more convoluted. That's just personal taste though, if you like those kind of games, more power to you.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was phenominal and game-changing when it came out, but I think I have to agree. The actual game itself is about as exciting as a wet noodle
I think the only reason people thought that was the physics engine. I bet if you jingled keys in front of the face of HL2 fanboys back in the day they'd probably call it the best experience in gaming.

• Haha
Reactions: mituzora
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not a specific game, but I HATE most roguelikes and crafting games.
The former due to a lot of them just basically relying on luck to have any chance to win at them, the latter because most are basically empty, boring sandboxes with nothing interesting in it, and for anything you want to create you have to grind a bajillion materials and then like whatever item you made breaks after 10 uses and go fucking do everything again.
Ugh.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lucario is actually the Pokemon that got me back into the series ._.
That being said, sports games, just all of them. I don't find them fun even when you include characters like Pokemon or Mario. I don't find sports fun in real life and putting them in video games doesn't make them enjoyable to me.
Currently, I am hating the Made in Abyss game. It's fucking mess with shreds of a good game buried in there. It would have been a good game if they playtested it, polished it, and didn't force you to play through the anime story mode. The anime story mode is just bad. They completely glossed over details from the anime/manga, Reg's AI is broken, and it's just stupid. It would be a decently fun game if they just allowed you to play the Deep in Abyss mode from the start, but they don't. They knew the anime story mode was terrible and force you to play through it anyways.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That being said, sports games, just all of them. I don't find them fun even when you include characters like Pokemon or Mario.
Do racing games count as sports games? Specially the arcade-y kind, sims are not that engaging for me though they can be fun for short bursts..
If they don't count, then we're in the same boat..

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do racing games count as sports games? Specially the arcade-y kind, sims are not that engaging for me though they can be fun for short bursts..
If they don't count, then we're in the same boat..
They are technically a sports game, but I don't think anyone would be too bent if I said they really don't count for what most would consider a "sports game." Kind of like how Pokemon Snap is technically an FPS but you really won't see anyone calling it that.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the games that you just hate the most? Here are mine and the reasons why I hate them:
  1. Fortnite, Among Us: Freaking OVERRATED!
  2. Cooking Mama: I cannot stand Mama's face that appears when you fail a task. Gosh, I hate her. The series is very childish as well.
  3. Pokémon: Also overrated. And not only that, there are lots of overrated characters like Lucario (why do people like him so much?)
  4. Final Fantasy: Apart from my not so good skills in RPGs, I have an hate for this series because everybody plays it and is never tired.
I don't think there are any games I can say I completely hate. But, I am getting rather tired of each years generic fps.

Reactions: Blythe93

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any and all Assassin's creed. I tried.. it's so boring and stupid. I have 5 guards chasing me , I jump in a stupid tiny bush and they can't find me and just give up.. Then I'm supposed to follow someone who's super slow so I wait and then the game is like "you lost track of the person" when I can see the person right there on the screen..

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be a tie between phantasy star 2 on sega genesis or those Sa-Ga games square enix keep putting out. They turned the whole RPG thing Up, Up, down, down, and then left, right, left, right, and also.... B, A, POWER OFF. That ain't gonna help you. The game just unorthodox gameplay that follows nothing of a standard traditional legacy. :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: