Hacking Best CFW for 1.0.0 Switch

NerdyR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I;ve been holding onto a 1.0.0 switch since launch, and would love to instal some cfw on it. Where would I start? I would prefer to not use a piece of wire if possible. TIA!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I;ve been holding onto a 1.0.0 switch since launch, and would love to instal some cfw on it. Where would I start? I would prefer to not use a piece of wire if possible. TIA!
Buy a RCM Jig and update to latest fw wait for atmos to support fw 13.0.0

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use warmboot hax on 1.0.0 to boot a payload without needing a jig, then you can make an emummc and update that to 12.1.0 to preserve the 1.0 sysmmc.
This guide seems to have info on it https://switch.homebrew.guide/

If you don’t want to buy a copy of JP Puyo Puyo Tetris you can try getting into RCM once and booting CFW on sysmmc to install fake news instead of using puyo to open the browser once to do whatever.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah like the ZCG said

I used nspwn reboot to rcm by stuckpixel https://github.com/pixel-stuck/reboot_to_rcm
to get into rcm on 1.0.0 and run hekate to create emunand and stuff

After doing that I think I use fake news and pegascape to give the option to boot into emunand without going into rcm. Can’t really recall as it was ages ago

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In my honest opinion 1.0 is literally only useful because of the fact its rare & people will pay top $.
The truth is, without hardware exploiting, their is never going to be a “true” coldboot, unless you care nothing for online.
What I mean by this is>>>>you need emummc to keep your nand clean without going through a pita process of restoring your nand every time. Ironically a process which has bricked god knows how many switches.
If you want to keep your emunand side offline & stock clean, their is never going to be a method that allows stock fw to directly boot to emunand. The only real true coldboot process requires a trinket/modchip, & it already exists. By simpling holding down different buttons upon every boot, youre able to swap from CFW to OFW.

NerdyR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use warmboot hax on 1.0.0 to boot a payload without needing a jig, then you can make an emummc and update that to 12.1.0 to preserve the 1.0 sysmmc.
https://switch.homebrew.guide/
If you don’t want to buy a copy of JP Puyo Puyo Tetris you can try getting into RCM once and booting CFW on sysmmc to install fake news instead of using puyo to open the browser once to do whatever.
is a copy of puyo puyo tetris the best option? I dont care about online and would like to just turn my switch on and use cfw without an outside tool.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://switch.homebrew.guide/
is a copy of puyo puyo tetris the best option? I dont care about online and would like to just turn my switch on and use cfw without an outside tool.

i wouldnt mind at all buying one game and keeping it int he switch if it made it easier for the future.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unpatched with modchip would be the best unless you care about that 1.0.0 firmware. You can sell it and get trinket m0 switch instead.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i wouldnt mind at all buying one game and keeping it int he switch if it made it easier for the future.
What you’d do is use JP puyo once to open the browser and run the exploit, then boot CFW on the 1.0 sysnand and install something called fake new which would allow you to open the web browser through the news applet thing instead of needing to use puyo every time.
Note: puyo must be the Japanese version

If you’re able to get it into RCM by normal means once you could boot cfw on 1.0 that way and install fake news from there to skip all the puyo stuff.

Fwiw, I’d probably prefer using the RCM bug over all of this, with autoRCM you don’t need to use a jig and performing the RCM exploit is much faster. This stuff also requires an internet connection every time you want to boot, so it’s still tethered in a way.
(Still use an emummc if you use the rcm bug, to avoid burning fuses and nuking the good memes 1.0 nands have)

NerdyR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unpatched with modchip would be the best unless you care about that 1.0.0 firmware. You can sell it and get trinket m0 switch instead.

i dont care about the firmware at all, had just been told a few years ago it would be the only one bootable without any jig or tether. so i guess that never came to fruition? what is a m0 trinket switch? sorry i am a super noob

What you’d do is use JP puyo once to open the browser and run the exploit, then boot CFW on the 1.0 sysnand and install something called fake new which would allow you to open the web browser through the news applet thing instead of needing to use puyo every time.
Note: puyo must be the Japanese version

If you’re able to get it into RCM by normal means once you could boot cfw on 1.0 that way and install fake news from there to skip all the puyo stuff.

Fwiw, I’d probably prefer using the RCM bug over all of this, with autoRCM you don’t need to use a jig and performing the RCM exploit is much faster. This stuff also requires an internet connection every time you want to boot, so it’s still tethered in a way.
(Still use an emummc if you use the rcm bug, to avoid burning fuses and nuking the good memes 1.0 nands have)

so i either need a jig or an internet connection? how to get into rcm?

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
In my honest opinion 1.0 is literally only useful because of the fact its rare & people will pay top $.
The truth is, without hardware exploiting, their is never going to be a “true” coldboot, unless you care nothing for online.
What I mean by this is>>>>you need emummc to keep your nand clean without going through a pita process of restoring your nand every time. Ironically a process which has bricked god knows how many switches.
If you want to keep your emunand side offline & stock clean, their is never going to be a method that allows stock fw to directly boot to emunand. The only real true coldboot process requires a trinket/modchip, & it already exists. By simpling holding down different buttons upon every boot, youre able to swap from CFW to OFW.

The point is you keep your 1.0.0 fuses as it's the most likely to ever have an exploit found

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i dont care about the firmware at all, had just been told a few years ago it would be the only one bootable without any jig or tether. so i guess that never came to fruition? what is a m0 trinket switch? sorry i am a super noob

so i either need a jig or an internet connection? how to get into rcm?
To get into rcm you need to insert a jig onto your right joycon rail and hold certain buttons upon starting your switch, you can read about in any guide about switch cfw... You don't actually need a jig, you just need to bridge certain pins on the right rail, long time ago i used a paperclip until eventually i just got a jig, but with autoRCM you literally need to use jig just once.

As for a trinket m0 switch, its just a switch with a trinket m0 soldered directly to the board (hardmod). I have a trinket m0 that i made myself long time ago but i never decided to do a hardmod. I just have it as small payload launcher.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It is the closest thing to coldboot, a modchipped untethered that can autoboot to CFW with just one button press with autoboot config and autoRCM.

NerdyR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is the closest thing to coldboot, a modchipped untethered that can autoboot to CFW with just one button press with autoboot config and autoRCM.
that sounds lovely! any reputable vendors, or anything to avoid? thank you so much!

To get into rcm you need to insert a jig onto your right joycon rail and hold certain buttons upon starting your switch, you can read about in any guide about switch cfw... You don't actually need a jig, you just need to bridge certain pins on the right rail, long time ago i used a paperclip until eventually i just got a jig, but with autoRCM you literally need to use jig just once.

As for a trinket m0 switch, its just a switch with a trinket m0 soldered directly to the board (hardmod). I have a trinket m0 that i made myself long time ago but i never decided to do a hardmod. I just have it as small payload launcher.

I see, I will probably go the hardmod route. Thank you so much!

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

If you wan’t to keep your fw on 1.0, just use fusee gelee one time. That way you don’t need to buy tetris. Either carefully use a paperclip(free method), or buy a 1$ jig. Alsong as you have a usb A cord to usb C(like the pro controller uses) you can send a payload from your phone/comp
Once youve booted a payload, as suggested above, create an emunand/mmc>update & use that emunand/mmc. Emummc is highly suggested as sx os hasnt been supported in a long time.
Alsong as you keep your switch in sleep mode like 99% of the world, you wont need to resend another one. You can also enable Autorcm, which will eliminate use of the jig for you.

The point is you keep your 1.0.0 fuses as it's the most likely to ever have an exploit found

I know that, I was just trying to point out that whatever is found, a trinket will always do it better. Their is no software exploit that will ever let you swap between an emummc to pure stock on each boot.
So regardless of what is found, tinkering with the hardware is always going to be more efficient. Don’t get me wrong i wouldn’t update a 1.0 now without emummc, but not because i particularly care about a different method to unlock homebrew, which may never see the light of day. More because of the rarity & value.

Last edited by Basketto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You live in Florida, so I believe it, you guys are crazy.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    At the time I would have probably fed it people lol
    Seriously cocaine not even once lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking...