Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
well...is up2you and your friend
smile.gif

i will still recommend ak2 over DSTT

just check when was the last firmware update of DSTT and when was the last firmware update of ak2
how many games that DSTT can't play w/o the help of anti-piracy code or user have to update the infolib and savlib themselves

for your info... alot of new games are having anti-piracy protection
if your friend wish to play OLD games i guess thats fine~!
if he/she doesn't wish to play new games then just make sure in future don't come in here and whine! why my DSTT cannot play this and that

seriously, just a FEW USD different! don't tell me it makes a lot of differences when your friend is planning to pirate games and he/she can afford a DSL

by the way, i own a DSTT

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I been using AceKard 2i on my DSi and its been working well with no problem, I would definitely recommend it. The M3 Real is also a reliable cart for the DSL, so far those are the only two that I have good experiences with, haven't tried anything else yet.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
x.domination said:
True.... but can they even find the carts easily? Most buy overseas (not me tho) But I remeber the r4 in the shop i went sold like almost 1.75 times of my itouch so..... But I will still say imports or else you have to pay loads and it may be just some crappy clone.... r4i anybody?(like my fake dstt; same price as itouch
frown.gif
)

or N8 at 50 dollars anyone ? its sad when all u can find in your country are crappy cards or some other r4 clones. and not even a supercard or a m3 or any halfdecent cards
frown.gif

Big Green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
@ Big Green

While I think the EDGE is a great cart, it too had problems. I believe you have been lulled into thinking the EDGE is a solid cart because for the longest time, among it's first batches, GBATemp did not open a forum, there was nowhere for the flaws of the EDGE to be seen. They are scattered and hard to find (not so much for my email inbox though), but there were problems. I mean the most widespread was the fact that MicroSD cards stick out, sometimes as much as 2mm, but there were also issues with cracked cases upon arrival and sometimes (although admittedly fairly rare) DoA carts. The EDGE's software is "stable" because it really adds nothing new to the cart. The AceKard is consistantly coming out with huge updates, and the same exists for the M3 Real, the CycloDS Evolution, etc. The EDGE is often fairly stable because it steals from the CycloDS Evolution, and only the very basic changes, things that don't mess with the cart.

While the EDGE is stable in that sense, it doesn't make a great cart for people who expect large updates. Anyways, if you stick with the CycloDS Evolution and not the BETA firmwares, or the AceKard 2 and stick with only stable releases, you should be just as ok as you would be on the EDGE. I have to admit though that the EDGE's build is extremely durable, it is GOOD. I mean the CycloDS Evolution comes fairly close, but the EDGE just feels a little thicker and more durable.

I never considered the card sticking out to be a major hardware problem, even though it was widespread. It didn't cause the hardware to actually fail, and some said that they liked it because it was easier to grip on and pull out.

The other problems though I have never heard of. But that is probably because of the message board system. But I haven't really been on GBAtemp.com when it first came out. I actually looked on the dealextreme comments to see if it had problems. I'm glad that the problems has been resolved though(they were resolved for the most part right?) I guess there is no flash cart company that has had no major widespread problems. I still consider the EDGE to be around the top when it comes to reliability though.

I guess you are right about why the software is so stable. But I guess it's still a a positive point for the EDGE though. As far as I know, there has been not one unstable release. At most you might get problems with the stylus or something like that.

The thing is though, you could do most of what the Acekard could do with various homebrew programs so I never really thought of it as a major reason to get it. The acekard is still more accessible with the features since it's integrated in the menu, but I never really saw the point of basing my whole decision off of the menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare: