Gaming Best GBA text viewer?

Hamas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Whats the best GBA ebook/text viewer? There is the Gameboy BookReader ... and the text viewer on Pogoshell that I know.. are there any more good ones where you could do some good formatting of the text ... Bold / Italics / Underline / Headings + Pics if possible?

Hamas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Gameboy Bookreader

it has book marks and everything

its good
I mentioned that above... the problem with BookReader is that you cannot make text bold/italics/underlined (as far as I know) and also its time consuming to get a really long text file and to format it, adding newlines and paragraphs.

You can made bold text in Pogoshells text viewer but there is no image support in that... i guess thats why its called a text viewer. And I have to use a hex editor to add the bold / headings.... with 0D 0A etc... 0A meaning newline.

Any alternatives?

Reploid Ayla

Trophies
Website
www.wlhs.wlwv.k12.or.us
XP
Country
United States
Gameboy Bookreader

it has book marks and everything

its good
I mentioned that above... the problem with BookReader is that you cannot make text bold/italics/underlined (as far as I know) and also its time consuming to get a really long text file and to format it, adding newlines and paragraphs.

You can made bold text in Pogoshells text viewer but there is no image support in that... i guess thats why its called a text viewer. And I have to use a hex editor to add the bold / headings.... with 0D 0A etc... 0A meaning newline.

Any alternatives?
actually since it just converts TXT files, you can do all of that in WordPad

so It takes a bit of time on your part, but it can be done...

hobotent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm I was checking this out and when I make a file, it works on visualboy 1.8, but doesn't work on my EZ4. It doesn't even boot, it just freezes right after the nintendo screen is done. The moonshell text viewer sucks because it cuts off words and puts the remainder of them on the next line. Which gets very annoying when you're trying to read novels
wink.gif

Anyway, is there a better option for NDS users? And if not, does anyone know what im doing wrong?

hobotent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone gotten this to work on their EZ4 or such?

edit: interesting, this seems to work on my old EZflash 2 though...still it would be nice if it could work on my EZ4

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well my experience with the GBABookReader is really nice,I think that it works great.

Maybe you can patch the .gba file that you just made, check it with GBATA, as far as I remember it needs to be patched to run on emulators, so i guess is the same for some flashcarts.

hobotent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I tried out, I didnt have to patch it to make it work with visualboy 1.8 or my old flashcart. Oh well, looks like i'll be lugging around 2 flashcarts everywhere I go then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P