Homebrew Homebrew app Best media player?

bonkmaykr

funny floating nut dog
OP
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I bought a Japanese PSVita 1000 and I've gone through the effort of setting up CFW and everything, I wanted to copy all of my (totally definitely absolutely 100% legal) movies from my PC to my SD2Vita. Problem is that half my stuff is stored in MKV or AVI, and the files that are in MP4 either don't play or freeze-frame on whatever spot in the video I seek to when I play them using Vita-Media-Player. I can't find a decent media player that supports the formats I need, and even if I remux everything to the correct format with Handbrake, I don't want to use Sony's CMA to do a slow transfer over USB 2.0 just to get it to show up in the official video player app that came with the system. And as I said, Vita-Media-Player doesn't work. What am I supposed to be using?

If you know of any remote desktop applications as well that don't require GeForce Experience (tried that for remote play, did not work), that would be okay too, though I'd like to take my media with me rather than have to stream it. If nothing else works I might just try Netstream with a media server off my computer.

EDIT: Okay, I found an app that lets me import any videos I've tossed onto the memory card into the official video player app so I don't have to do it over CMA with USB. I don't like how strict the compatibility is, with a lot of my MP4s even failing to play right, but I can comfortably say now that this PS Vita is a Shrek 2 watching machine. If you have suggestions still let me know

Last edited by bonkmaykr,

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Last edited by r1vver,
Reactions: bonkmaykr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RklRDirsON4