Gaming Best rare/hardly known 3DS games (or most underrated)

PsychoBabble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
A shame we can't list how to find them, but what games would you list?

I don't actually own any rare games, but Code of Princess is definitely underrated.

PsychoBabble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm a new member and I couldn't find any threads.

I'm looking for games outside the mainstream (not listed on EVERY "best of" list).

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Personally, i really liked playing with Freakyforms Deluxe back when it was still an eshop. It's not so bad a game as people think it is just because it had a primary exploit. It was quite fun, albeit a bit childish.

PsychoBabble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Wow, that's one I've never heard of!

I can't find Zelda Picross anywhere, which someone at school recommended. If it's as good as the normal Picross games, I have to wonder why nobody ever mentions it.

PsychoBabble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I heard that but even though I've bought... well, probably a couple of hundred euroes worth of games via eshop, I've never had the option to download that game.

Maybe it was a limited time offer before I bought my system?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard that but even though I've bought... well, probably a couple of hundred euroes worth of games via eshop, I've never had the option to download that game.

it has nothing to do with that. its fron mynintendo.com you get a download code from redeeming platinum coins and can dl it fron the code redemption screen.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

you had to 'buy' it from the mynintendo website. it was a coin reward.
it's not on the normal eshop (there are cia dumps of it though)

it's as good as any picross game, but with zelda images.
though i'm no fan of that super picross mode.

as for hidden gems... it's always hard, most games aren't really hidden, this isn't the atari age where one state over, you could find games that didn't exist anywhere else because it was all local guys making them.
there are games that are better than their reputation and there are games that weren't played by many, mainly because it's was a niche genre.

The zero escape games for example are great and certainly haven't been played by that many people (compared to mario kart) but it's also not really hidden that much.

I'd say, Resident Evil - Mercenaries was a good game that got a mediocre rep (unfortunately, it had no option to delete a savegame if you got it used). That said, it only really got cool once you unlocked the overpowered skills.

Fantasy Life was a fun little game for a while, as was Ever Oasis, which shared some similarities to it.

And if it's your type of game, Rhythm Thief, even though as i think as an early release, most people who were around back then knew of it.

I'd also say, Inazuma Eleven Go 2 Chronostones was a good game.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

PsychoBabble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I kept getting emails about some coins running out of date or something. I only checked MyNintendo the other day to see if I could find the Zelda and I didn't notice the game or any coins.

No matter, I can now get the first 4 PicrossE games for free (I bought the other 4).

Edit: I think that was the first time I checked MyNintendo since I signed up... over 3 years ago! Why not put free stuff in the eshop?

Last edited by PsychoBabble,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I kept getting emails about some coins running out of date or something. I only checked MyNintendo the other day to see if I could find the Zelda and I didn't notice the game or any coins.

No matter, I can now get the first 4 PicrossE games for free (I bought the other 4).

Edit: I think that was the first time I checked MyNintendo since I signed up... over 3 years ago! Why not put free stuff in the eshop?

Basically, they wanted you to use their mynintendo platform to check in and do stuff. The game was free, for mynintendo users. I guess, if it's not around anymore, it was also limited.
Though don't feel like you missed much, it was just 25 or so puzzles and another dozen or so in the other mode.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like arcade style games n just pick up and play games, here's some

Phantom thief stina and the 30 jewels
Phasmophobia (it's new),
Ifo
Alchemic dungeons
Toy defense
Defend your crypt
10 classic arcade collection (something like that)
Polara
Hyperlight
Jewel quest games
Unholy heights
Attack on Titan

I'll post more later

PsychoBabble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Toy Defence is good?

I've seen that on offer so many times on eshop but I always thought it was a tower defence style game so I never even looked at it.

Dani Dandelion

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Miitopia is a super-underrated RPG, because most people look at it and think it's a Find Mii stand-alone or something. It's a full-length JRPG with a decent post-game and everything. It's got solid mechanics, and loads of customization. Also the music slaps.

PsychoBabble

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Wait... Miitopia is a real game? I always thought it was some stupid... I don't know, just something stupid!

Thanks for the recommendation.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Including Japanese games, here are some that weren't mentioned so far:
- Bou Ningen Charengi (REALLY obscure game even during FreeShop's era but it's amazing, it's basically a compilation of minigames that each use a different function of the 3DS like gyro/touch/mic/etc. and tons of fun, just it's Japan-only)
- Neko Atsume Kitty Collector (let's be honest, this is just a nice game to relax with playing around with cute kittens:P also Japan-only but it's also a mobile game and that version is in English)
- Labyrynth no Kanata (dungeon crawler, REALLY good, Japan-only but there's a 100% English Patch released for it so it's not a problem and the game has a lovely twist, so if you start playing don't think "graphics suck" and stop, keep going:P and don't google it to avoid spoilers...)
- Sanrio Characters Picross (it's a picross game but with Sanrio characters so Hello Kitty and the like, but while not interested in the characters, as a picross game it's easily one of the best on the 3DS if not THE best, Japan-only again but hardly any text so not a problem)
- Zombie Panic DX (fun shooter game where enemies come at you and you can only shoot and strafe to avoid them, happens to be by far one of the hardest games on the 3DS yet it's incredibly fun)
- Samurai Defender (just a fun little tower defense game, nice way to relax or good pick if you just want to play something for 10-20 minutes every now and then)

I could suggest a LOT more, mainly Japanese since I've gone through literally all Japan-only games just to find the hidden gems, but can't find the spreadsheet I kept with them...

Reactions: plug313

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge