Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Moon
I've played a bit of Avalon Code and it seems pretty good so far.
I was unimpressed with Dragon Quest V but I will probably give it another try due to the large amount of hype surrounding it... maybe.

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u haven't tried The World Ends With You yet that's a definite but on the other hand that's pretty old try Pokemon platinum when it comes out also Avalon Code seems pretty good I've played a bit and it seems pretty deep

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he got the wrong topic title. What he wants are some good games that come out since begining of 2009.

And try Suikoden.

rhyguy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edragon said:
I think he got the wrong topic title. What he wants are some good games that come out since begining of 2009.

And try Suikoden.
Yeah, that’s what i meant

so far i'm looking at
GTA
Avalon code
Pokemonz

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played a couple off the top of my head that are really great so far:

- Dragon Quest V. Like classic turn based RPG? Of course you do.
tongue.gif
And this will satisfy your thirst.

- Avalon Code. Really lovely and fun action RPG. The code system sets it apart as it allows you to customize elements of the gameplay to your liking. Super addictive, cleverly made, and really innovative.

- Suikoden Tierkreis. So far this game is tops. I've played it for a day so far and seem no where near the end. It has a great story, fun characters, and really fun gameplay. Sadly it's been a bit on the easy side so far, but since I think I'm not too near the end, that could change. I'm not too crazy about the 3d portions of the game as they could have been better designed, but the rest of the game looks amazing with the hand drawn 2D backgrounds. It has some of the most beautiful art I've seen in a game, especially for the DS. I haven't played the PS1 or PS2 games, but I've heard they are BETTER than this game. If so, I'd love to play them as this one is really great!

I'd list GTA, but I haven't played it yet. And lets face it, it gets enough praise from everyone already.
wink.gif

Needless to say, the game drought appears to be over for the moment. Can't wait for the coming months!
yaynds.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Avalon Code- Unique concept, and fun gameplay.
Sukoden Tierkreis- Nice story, good RPG presentation.
XG Blast- Nice game, like Geo Wars and has the warpish feeling

Avalon Code, and Suikoden are great, you should try them! Avalon Code gameplay is unique and fun and Suikoden is (insert granville's description).
Actually there is a LONG list of great games this year- 2009 is one of the best years for DS, there are going to be many other great games (like pokemon platinum, black sigil etc.).

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot another great one- Mario and Luigi 3. Technically, it's only in Japan so far, but it's still a great game without english. Hopefully it'll be in English soon. And boy did it cause the temp a lot of grief with its piracy protection.
laugh.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
GTA Chinatown Wars
Mario and Luigi RPG 3
Enchanted Folk and The School of Fucking Wizardry/Magician's Quest blah blah blah (for Animal Crossing Fans)

PS. For the "Fucking Wizardry" part I was pissed at how long it's name was, so...
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...