Homebrew Best SNES emulator for CFW N3DS?

valt360

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i just upgraded to the N3DS and used to old 3ds to downgrade the N3DS that was on V. 11.0.0 using the Ocorina of time Hax. Everything seems to be good. Now i want to put a SNES emulator on the N3DS. Im new to the homebrew scene. Can anyone recommend a SNES emulator? Thanks in advance.

valt360

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you just want to play the games and don't care about the additional features of emulators, then the best option is the 3DS Virtual Console. You can inject SNES ROMs yourself, or download pre-made CIAs to install to your CFW 3DS.

I might just do that instead. Thanks for all the replies.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As an N3DS user you'll find that all the main Snes emulators have their quirks, pros and cons. You might as well make use of all of them.

- Snes_9x for O3DS has good compatibility and great features easily accessible from a nice UI. It's fast and works great on N3DS.

- Regarding the Retroarch cores found in stable 1.3.3, PocketSnes can run a couple of the special chip games better than other options, and Catsfc is a superb and accurate all round performer. These options have the most features.

- Snes VC is accurate as well, but lacks the high compatibility of the other mentioned emulator options. It's also tricky / not possible to import game saves into it. It does however have instant usability in terms of having specific titles ready to dive into from the home screen, and most common games run perfectly on it.

LegendaryOutcast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use every emulator available because some games perform better in certain emulators, now when it comes to VC CIA, I highly recommend BlargSNES Virtual Console, it doesnt have SAVE states but you can run games in fullscreen and save using in game saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +1