Best Software To Backup Entire Computer

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
topic. I'm looking for something free and efficient. I want Windows and all apps backed up in case something were to happen. thanks!

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"EaseUS Partition Master Free 12.5
(45)
Free partition software is trusted by over 30,000,000 users around the world. The best free disk partition software to make full use of hard drive capacity.

FREE DOWNLOAD"

I think you did something else. Try google. The software is still named EaseUS Partition Master.

Reactions: godreborn

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I mean...you could just create a system image using Windows? No need to use any proprietary software, you can create an image of the entire drive that can be restored to your PC, or accessed via other PCs by mounting it as a virtual HD. Unless you're looking for extremely specific functions, there's no reason to use anything other than the stock Windows system image backup.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean...you could just create a system image using Windows? No need to use any proprietary software, you can create an image of the entire drive that can be restored to your PC, or accessed via other PCs by mounting it as a virtual HD. Unless you're looking for extremely specific functions, there's no reason to use anything other than the stock Windows system image backup.

the backup function gives no option to backup the entire drive. it just lists a series of folders to be backed up. I typed backup in the search box. is there another location?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
the backup function gives no option to backup the entire drive. it just lists a series of folders to be backed up. I typed backup in the search box. is there another location?
If you're using Windows 10, open up Control Panel instead of the settings and use the Back and Restore (Windows 7) option there. You can then create a System Image using the option on the left.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using Windows 10, open up Control Panel instead of the settings and use the Back and Restore (Windows 7) option there. You can then create a System Image using the option on the left.

does this backup everything (all apps as well as windows)? and, does this backup free space as well? 'cause I don't have an hdd large enough for that.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
does this backup everything (all apps as well as windows)? and, does this backup free space as well? 'cause I don't have an hdd large enough for that.
It makes an image of everything on the drives selected exactly as it is now, free space is of course left out so it's just however much space is currently being used. This means Windows, programs, settings, random files, registry, boot, even the "hidden" recovery partition that Windows makes when it installs will be backed up.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the windows 10 backup manager is starting to fill up the entire hdd. is this supposed to happen? first, it was around 130GBs, now it's close to 200GBs in size. pretty soon, it will have filled the entire hdd (500GB). how can that be? the exact size of the current backup is 253GBs, but my computer is only occupying 172GBs. please bear with me. I'm still trying to learn Windows 10. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1