Misc GBA Best team for pokemon emerald?

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give you the advice my daughter typically gives me. The best team for any Pokemon game is the team you want to play. I'll add that I don't typically go for mono-type teams, particularly in earlier Pokemon games. It's easier to swing monotype teams in the later games since they've added so many dual type Pokemon as they went along.

I will say this, there's a lot of water types in Gen 3, so you're probably going to want a grass type.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It really depends on what you mean by "beat". If you just want to beat the Elite Four then you can pretty much get away with using your starter from start to end with very little support. If you're talking about beating the Battle Frontier though, you'll likely need a good bit more planning in terms of your team construction.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll give you the advice my daughter typically gives me. The best team for any Pokemon game is the team you want to play. I'll add that I don't typically go for mono-type teams, particularly in earlier Pokemon games. It's easier to swing monotype teams in the later games since they've added so many dual type Pokemon as they went along.

I will say this, there's a lot of water types in Gen 3, so you're probably going to want a grass type.
Black and White are my favourite Pokémon games in the franchise.

Reactions: anotherthing

Whom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to do it as fast as possible, check out the various speedrun routes for the game. I'd link them but I still have new account restrictions.

That said, anything will work and you could just smash your way through the game with your starter easily enough. Check out the Smogon Ubers and OU lists if you want a general idea of Pokemon strength. Viability in speedruns and competitive are not the same as in a casual run but they correlate strongly enough for consideration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool +1