FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Title says it all really and while I will go for "cheap shops" and maybe the likes of deal extreme it would be best if we did not deviate too far and it would be best if we left offers/deals you once got for another thread. Those in areas where currency does (or did) not quite so easily afford such things (looking at some of those now using the Euro and east Asia) just use the equivalents (one pound is just under the price of a big bag of sweets).

Onto the matter at hand, I assume most of us are familiar with the shops

Myself I got the DVD of Chris Ryan's Elite Police a couple of weeks back for £1. I know it now goes for about £3 elsewhere but damned if I not enjoy it.

Such places also do a good line in wii control accessories which while not being that great out of the box get to be pretty good one you attack them with some tools and they are also a reasonable source of big CD wallets.

Some fun videos on the subject http://www.youtube.com/user/ashens#p/u

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lasers....
4 cans for £1
Airsoft Guns (they all suck at £1-£10 though
frown.gif
)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xD Hehehehe......

A pack of fake "Winning" lottery tickets. Which, I then gave to all of my teachers. You should have seen the look on their faces, when they think they've won 1,000,000. Then, they turn the card to the back, and read the address they have to ship it to get the money.

"111 Faker Street
12345, Fakeopolis"

I think one of my teachers were going to quit too.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad went here when he was moving into his apartment and he bought tons of picture frames and Coca-Cola glasses. Both still hold up, despite being moved again (he's since moved into his partner's apartment in New York).

Here in the States they have a really cool store called 5 Below, which is like a dollar store but it caps at $5. And the stuff there is excellent. It's our #1 spot for stocking stuffers at Christmas time. I picked up an Austin Power's Backgammon set there for $5. A little corny, but it's a solid backgammon case. Nicely built, high quality pieces, great case, etc. Also used to buy Magic the Gathering cards there.

D

Deleted_171835

Fake dice with only the numbers 6 and 5. Makes it easier for me to cheat at boardgames.
When it's opponents turn, give them the legit dice.

Joking. I don't cheat at board games...maybe

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering, I know from my visits to the States that you guys add tax at the counter (which is incredibly annoying btw, but that is another matter). Does that happen in dollar stores as well?

In which case, does that mean that nothing is actually a dollar, it's actually like a dollar and seven cents, or is this in some way accounted for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk