Hacking Question Best tool to install NSP

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can not get dbibackend to work correctly with my Switch. They are not seeying each other it seems, to bad since 'Install title from USB' sounds really nice. Good thing MTP worked out of the box, to bad I have to convert de large XCi files to NSP first in order to use them.

fadafwet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Install over USB. For DBI I use its MTP server feature, and just drag the nsp file on my computer to the MTP mount point marked "SD Install".

Ok thanks I use the MTP server and by drag and dropping nsp file on the mount point it installed it properly
simple way to do it. Thanks

Reactions: hippy dave

Calzy_G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can not get dbibackend to work correctly with my Switch. They are not seeying each other it seems, to bad since 'Install title from USB' sounds really nice. Good thing MTP worked out of the box, to bad I have to convert de large XCi files to NSP first in order to use them.

Windows 10 pro sees it as a virus for me and won't open it in the default state. I have to temporarily disable real time file checking or whatever it is. After it's open, I just add nsp or XCI to the backend, start the server and they show up on the Switch when I select install from USB luckily.

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Windows 10 pro sees it as a virus for me and won't open it in the default state. I have to temporarily disable real time file checking or whatever it is. After it's open, I just add nsp or XCI to the backend, start the server and they show up on the Switch when I select install from USB luckily.
I get the warning that it might be dangerous to, but you can skip that. What is wierd is that when I connect my Switch with my computer it is displayed at devices with no problems But when I connect my Switch when the dbibackend is running and start ‘install title from UsB’, the Switch is replaced by an DBI device which is not installed corretly. Then when the Switch side times out the DBI device is change again to the Switch.

So my gues is the DBI device needs another driver then the Switch uses or something, but no idea which one and how to install it in the short amount of time you have.

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
@Muskusrat
You may use dbi MTP mode (X button), it doesn't need any backend or exe or whatever on the PC side, just a Switch and USB-C cable to install games. Just try it.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a moment I thought the author was referring to a XCI Loader feature without the need to install anything, nvm then, my hopes were set too high.
A homebrew app wouldn't be able to do that, it would take major modification of the firmware/cfw. If it's going to happen at all, it will be after Atmosphere releases its planned reimplementation of the FS module, so best put your hopes on hold at least until that's done.

Reactions: mathew77

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated DBI (from 260 to 309) and see it doesn't have NAND install over MTP anymore.
I checked the settings, it's now disabled by default if using emuNAND.
Is there any issue installing to NAND when using emuNAND ?

I can install to SD, then use the console's option to move to NAND if it has any problem.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be an SXOS user. Converted one of my clean nand dumps to atmosphere and use emunand like I have done before on SXOS. The apps for install I use either goldleaf / awoo-installer for XCI/NSP.

barabanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
tinfoil + nut, using these I instal ALL games without issues, eg. Tony Hawks 1+2, TLoZ SS HD, Mario Golf, Mario 3D World and so many titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked