Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
According to your syscheck it appears like priiloader isn't installed, so your syscheck updater wizard/guide will direct u on installing it when most appropriate (I. E. As soon as possible but after making sure your hbc is up to date enough to launch it with ahbprot/no-ios-reload arguments/rights

Edit: in other words, very old versions of the HBC cannot properly run the latest priiloader installer

Last edited by XFlak,

Hyllian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
According to your syscheck it appears like priiloader isn't installed, so your syscheck updater wizard/guide will direct u on installing it when most appropriate (I. E. As soon as possible but after making sure your hbc is up to date enough to launch it with ahbprot/no-ios-reload arguments/rights

Edit: in other words, very old versions of the HBC cannot properly run the latest priiloader installer
Thanks! It worked! I just finished both guides and now I have System Menu 4.3U, HBC, bootmii and Priiloader updated. NAND Backed up too.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@XFlak Is Windows XP still supported by ModMii 7.0.1 (and the command line tools used)?
Yes, I know… super old OS online and so on. I'm careful. Isolated system with backup image (and I believe most malware in the wild won't support XP anymore).

Asking for the reason of translation. I've read your instructions how to translate ModMii and I'm considering at least trying (whenever my concentration allows thinking straight ahead for more than a single minute).
I've successfully run the download queue for all regions NUS stuff. But this kept popping up (increasingly often to the end of the huge download queue):
Error.PNG

Interestingly "Continue" actually allowed continuing without problems.
In the end the downloads succeeded as well as generating update guide for a Wii from given syscheck (just a few outdated cIOS) – and of course preparing the SD files for the actual update.

Only other physical Windows system I have is a super weak tablet (year 2018) with keyboard dock (both literally breaking apart).
If XP is not an option I might have to resort to virtual machines.

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to comment how much I love this software. I wish it existed when I first hacked my Wii. It truly is comprehensive and easy to follow. Although it's almost too easy. Heh. I definitely learned a lot (and continue to learn a lot) when I ask questions on here and do things manually lol.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed neek+di using modmii and im stuck at reloading bootmii ios i already tried placing armboot.bin in a bootmii folder and launching bootmii but it just blackscreens i do have a complete wiiware and virtual console wads collection installed to my emunand it has 734 games could that be why its taking so long to boot i waited like a half hour and no go i guess i will wait longer if anyone has a fix please chime in.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try launching an emunand with minimal content first, make sure it loads, then add your content (perhaps in chunks to identify if a particular item is the culprit). You could also try extracting the nand.bin backup from your wii and using that as an emunand. Or try both uneek+di and sneek+di, or different hard drives/sd cards if you have them available.

Reactions: raxadian and worm28

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try launching an emunand with minimal content first, make sure it loads, then add your content (perhaps in chunks to identify if a particular item is the culprit). You could also try extracting the nand.bin backup from your wii and using that as an emunand. Or try both uneek+di and sneek+di, or different hard drives/sd cards if you have them available.
I tried a different sd card 64GB and a blank nand made with modmii and its still stuck at reloading bootmii ios the original nand with 734 games i used a bootmii nand dump extracted with showmiiwads so i cant seem to figure out the problem. Do i need the bootmii folder on my sd root for it to work because i installed bootmii as boot2 and bootmii as ios and then used the boot mii config editer to rename the bootmii folder so it would not load bootmii when i boot my wii.

Last edited by worm28,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Adding to this, the first time an emuhand loads it takes a long time as it has to build itself to fit your Wii, later launches are way faster.

So launch the emuhand, get busy doing something else for 10-15 minutes then come back and see if it worked.

Reactions: XFlak and worm28

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I tried a different sd card 64GB and a blank nand made with modmii and its still stuck at reloading bootmii ios the original nand with 734 games i used a bootmii nand dump extracted with showmiiwads so i cant seem to figure out the problem. Do i need the bootmii folder on my sd root for it to work because i installed bootmii as boot2 and bootmii as ios and then used the boot mii config editer to rename the bootmii folder so it would not load bootmii when i boot my wii.
You need a bootmii folder configured for neek, not the bootmii folder configured for bootmii. Technically u don't need it if you are launching neek via usbloader gx's features menu (steps described in Modmii's onscreen notes after building neek or an emunand)

Are u trying to launch sneek+di or uneek+di? Presumably you've built the latest version of neek2o and not the original neek right?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a bootmii folder configured for neek, not the bootmii folder configured for bootmii. Technically u don't need it if you are launching neek via usbloader gx's features menu (steps described in Modmii's onscreen notes after building neek or an emunand)

Are u trying to launch sneek+di or uneek+di? Presumably you've built the latest version of neek2o and not the original neek right?
I am trying to load SNEEK+DI the latest from modmii r96 but modmii did not give me a bootmii folder just a bootmiineek folder so i dont know where to get a bootmii folder configured for neek

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed neek+di using modmii and im stuck at reloading bootmii ios i already tried placing armboot.bin in a bootmii folder and launching bootmii but it just blackscreens i do have a complete wiiware and virtual console wads collection installed to my emunand it has 734 games could that be why its taking so long to boot i waited like a half hour and no go i guess i will wait longer if anyone has a fix please chime in.
Just wanted to chime in as I too have a rather very large emunand and as someone has already stated, the first time it loads up, it takes a long time to do its initial setup. I can't remember how long mine took but I do remember going out and running a few errands while it was on a black screen and when I came home several hours later it worked. After that, everything loaded up just fine rather quickly. Hope that helps. And if not I can try and help troubleshoot with you further and compare my set up to yours. Good luck.
Post automatically merged:

Actually, I found the guide that I wrote for someone on how I used Modmii to set mine up. Please note that this post is from 2016 so things may have changed. But give it a read and see if anything that I did is different from what you did.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/post-5929568

Last edited by Clutz450,
Reactions: impeeza

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rename the bootmiineek folder to bootmii (after first renaming your bootmii folder for actual bootmii to anything different)

My wii wont boot with the bootmii folder on sd after renaming bootmiineek i think it is because it has bootmii as boot2 and its trying to load the bootmii folder at launch and crashing. I have bootmii installed as ios as well.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That just means neek is attempting to load immediately, it could take awhile on first boot.
Post automatically merged:

Small announcement: d2x v11 beta 1 with Fakemote v0.5.1 can now be downloaded within ModMii by choosing it in the d2x version settings\options

Last edited by XFlak,

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After building the forwarder dol, use customize mii (from download page 2) to inject the dol into your wad
Revisiting this after two years, I can't help but notice that all of the wad downloads included in CustomizeMii seem to no longer be available.

This is a bit of an issue since so many wad forwarders nowadays have fancy animations and/or multiple banner images and the like, and I just want a really plain and simple WAD with just one banner image and one icon image so I can simply put together individual per-game forwarder(s) without hiring a professional digital artist or the like (I was just going to use a boxart image or similar).

A good example of this are the WADs created by Simple Forward Channel Creator but, as I've previously stated, WADs created by that program ignore the meta.xml file for auto-booting games. Normally that wouldn't be an issue as I could just cheat and use individual per-game configurations by just hex-editing the paths in the boot.dol but, as mentioned elsewhere, Not64 has had LZMA2 compression applied since build 2016-04-20 which prevents the trick of fully-separate game config folders unless someone wants to recompile Not64's boot.dol without compression applied.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Revisiting this after two years, I can't help but notice that all of the wad downloads included in CustomizeMii seem to no longer be available.

This is a bit of an issue since so many wad forwarders nowadays have fancy animations and/or multiple banner images and the like, and I just want a really plain and simple WAD with just one banner image and one icon image so I can simply put together individual per-game forwarder(s) without hiring a professional digital artist or the like (I was just going to use a boxart image or similar).

A good example of this are the WADs created by Simple Forward Channel Creator but, as I've previously stated, WADs created by that program ignore the meta.xml file for auto-booting games. Normally that wouldn't be an issue as I could just cheat and use individual per-game configurations by just hex-editing the paths in the boot.dol but, as mentioned elsewhere, Not64 has had LZMA2 compression applied since build 2016-04-20 which prevents the trick of fully-separate game config folders unless someone wants to recompile Not64's boot.dol without compression applied.
You can find the customize mii base wads here
https://github.com/Brawl345/customizemii/tree/master/Base_WADs

markyboy77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.getinthehole.info
XP
Country
@XFlak thanks very much for your wonderful programme

i used modmiii many many years ago haha

my kids have just started playing the Wii again and alot of games are crashing

do you have any advice for me?

do i have to update my SD card to update files using modmii?

its been 10 years maybe since i done it

thanks markyboy

Reactions: XFlak

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, the only thing I've updated in the last 10 years of using my Wii is USB Loader GX, and that wasn't a requirement but was just for additional functionality like disabling the deflicker filter...

...though, now that I think of it, I did just discover that Excite Truck is crashing with the r1272-mod version of USB Loader GX but not with the newer r1281 version, so maybe all you need to do is upload your USB loader?

It may also be worth mentioning that I never actually used ModMii to soft-mod my Wii and did it the old-fashioned "keep it simple stupid" way of just running the HackMii installer and then whatever additional cIOS is required for loading games from USB or the like (which, fun fact, isn't even required for GameCube games: they work from USB with only the Homebrew channel installed) combined with the custom bootmii launcher file to put onto the SD card to boot straight into USB Loader GX when I boot the console.

(speaking of Excite Truck, did anybody ever come up with a mod or gecko code or the like to made it work with SDHC cards and not just non-HC SD cards? It's basically the single reason I'm still using a 2GB SD card in my Wii)

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@XFlak thanks very much for your wonderful programme

i used modmiii many many years ago haha

my kids have just started playing the Wii again and alot of games are crashing

do you have any advice for me?

do i have to update my SD card to update files using modmii?

its been 10 years maybe since i done it

thanks markyboy
Reinstall all your mods again, use ModMii and you will be happy.

Reactions: jeannotte and XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4