• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Snes9xgx can be downloaded with modmii, it will always get the latest version from oscwii.org

Is that what you were asking?

Yes, is basically the only emulator for Wii that still gets updates.

Getting worried how long the storage on my Wiis is gonna last the things are over a decade old and even the best HDs start to get problems after a decade. One of my Wii overheats so I stopped using it.

At least is not the problem the Wii Us have that's even worse.

A shame how underpowered the Wii is that even Playstation emulation strains the poor thing but GBA and 16 bit consoles (or lower) tends to work fine.

The GBA port of Alien Hominid is impressive but then again the game has a version for Gamecube so is not like I need a GBA emulator to play it on the Wii.

Most of my Wii time nowadays is playing Nes, Snes, GBA and Virtual Console games. Can't be helped I already played most of the Wii and Gamecube games I like. And Animal Crossing for Gamecube, while one of the best versions, requires the kind of time commitment I can't do anymore.

There is a ton of Kirby stuff you can play in the Wii... maybe I will try that.

roice2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys. I am really loosing my mind. I got a old Wii. ITS already with s Softmod and in the Micro SD Cards are hundreds of folder ... Its from 2008-2009.

Is there a way, how i can Update everything?
Please Help. Sorry fot beeing stupid.
I dont know how do use modmii

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You could softmod the wii again as if it were a virgin, overwriting any existing mods. Just run the main wizard and tell it its a virgin even if untrue.

Alternatively u can run syscheck then drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do to update just what's outdated. https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Then afterwards u can also run modmii's usbloader setup wizard if u want a hand formatting your hdd and downloading usb loaders and game management apps.

Whatever you currently have on your sd could in theory be wiped (except keep your nand.bin and keys.bin if u got those) and u can softmod/update your wii using just the tools modmii provides. However, who knows what u got and if it's important to u. Gamesaves and such might be in your sd:\private folder for example

roice2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could softmod the wii again as if it were a virgin, overwriting any existing mods. Just run the main wizard and tell it its a virgin even if untrue.

Alternatively u can run syscheck then drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do to update just what's outdated. https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Then afterwards u can also run modmii's usbloader setup wizard if u want a hand formatting your hdd and downloading usb loaders and game management apps.

Whatever you currently have on your sd could in theory be wiped (except keep your nand.bin and keys.bin if u got those) and u can softmod/update your wii using just the tools modmii provides. However, who knows what u got and if it's important to u. Gamesaves and such might be in your sd:\private folder for example

Holy Moly thank you very much. I updated now everything i needed!!

Now i have one Last Problem! I use WiiFlow
To Play Games on my SD Card. Everything works fine. But i cant Play super Smash Bros. Its over 4gb Limit. Fat 32 Supports Data under 4gb. How can i Play super Smash Bros on my Micro SD Card ? Or do i have to Switch to nfts USB Drive ?
Or can i usw some Games on Micro SD Card and some Games on nfts USB Drive plugged in parallel ??

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Holy Moly thank you very much. I updated now everything i needed!!

Now i have one Last Problem! I use WiiFlow
To Play Games on my SD Card. Everything works fine. But i cant Play super Smash Bros. Its over 4gb Limit. Fat 32 Supports Data under 4gb. How can i Play super Smash Bros on my Micro SD Card ? Or do i have to Switch to nfts USB Drive ?
Or can i usw some Games on Micro SD Card and some Games on nfts USB Drive plugged in parallel ??
Some games like Super Smash Bros. need to be run from USB Disk. you can use the https://gbatemp.net/download/wii-backup-manager.37308/ to split the WBFS file in 4 GB size files.:

1706080264993.png

roice2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much. I will try Run splitted Games.

I have another question.
Can i Run Games directly on the Main menu of the Wii? Like installed wads.
Can they be showed the Main menu (Like short Cuts) without starting WiiFlow before.

Reason is, the Wii will Be Played by a little Kid who dont understand what its doing, If it clicked on some setting by mistake.

Reactions: RunningSnakes

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
You can build game forwarder channels\WADs using Wii Game Shortcut Creator (formerly known as CRAP), grab it from ModMii Classic's download page 2. Here's a tutorial
Yeah the WiiGSC tool is nice for making Wii channels of Wii games backups loading from USB Loader GX, WiiFlow, etc.
But if you want Wii channels for older retro games (NES, SNES, N64, etc...) loading from homebrew emus, check my tutorial in my signature below.

Reactions: XFlak

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I recommend using a Virtual NAND to install Wii ware games there, as installing and removing games regularly on a HD that's so old as the Wii has is a bad idea.

Reactions: SaulFabre

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you very much. I will try Run splitted Games.

I have another question.
Can i Run Games directly on the Main menu of the Wii? Like installed wads.
Can they be showed the Main menu (Like short Cuts) without starting WiiFlow before.

Reason is, the Wii will Be Played by a little Kid who dont understand what its doing, If it clicked on some setting by mistake.
You need a forwarder, buy I am not to sure if the forwareder creator to launch wiiflow with parameters still works.

you can setup your Priiloader to launch Wiiflow (throug hiddenchannel or priiloader binary) at startup and your new "system menu" is WiiFloow.

Reactions: SaulFabre

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Modmii's usbloader forwarder channel can launch any usbloader with ahbprot access and with parameters from its meta.xml

For priiloader to launch this at startup just use modmii classic to build an advanced forwarder for the installed channel's title ID "IDCL" and it should work perfectly.

Often people use modmii to create a forwarder dol directly to the sd or usb path to the app's boot.dol or boot.elf, but this may not launch with ahbprot. I believe it's possible using one of priiloader's new features but I haven't really looked into it as 1) the aforementioned method still works and 2) makes no difference to apps that reload a cios and 3) not all apps need ahbprot to work anyway

Edit: u can easily extract the boot.dol from a forwarder wad sing customize mii or unpack it with modmii or whatever tool instead of building one and use that with priiloader as well

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have found that Nintendont will run Gamecube games from anywhere and to get my Wii to read Wii games for a usb stick I need to use a Virtual NAND for some reason. I tried in a different Wii and got the same problem.

jrpg_427

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a PAL 4.3E console and I'm trying to play NTSC games. I enabled Region Free Everything in Priiloader and then Baten Kaitos Origins (NTSC Gamecube) disc works well. However, Arc Rise Fantasia (NTSC Wii) disc doesn't work. The system menu "sees" the game, but starting the game leads only to a black screen. I tried following this old thread ("Help: Running NTSC games on PAL system using Priiloader" in Digital Kaos forum (sorry, my first post so links not allowed)), because in that thread there is exactly the same issue and someone got Arc Rise Fantasia working on a PAL console using the methods mentioned in the thread.

Using ModMii, I first did the SysCheck and after that I downloaded recommended wads and apps. I also downloaded and installed the IOS236 v5 Mod mentioned in the thread. After installing IOS236 v5 Mod I installed the recommended wads to the Wii. According to the thread this should have helped - but after these steps the screen still just turns black after starting the game. I tried to enable some options in Priiloader (Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates I enable Auto-Press 'A' at Health Screen) in addition to Region Free Everything but it had no effect.

What should I try next?

Here is the latest SysCheck:
  • Found 92 titles.
  • Found 49 IOS on this console. 6 of them are stubs.

• IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
  • IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
  • IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
  • IOS11[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
  • IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
  • IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
  • IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
  • IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
  • IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
  • IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
  • IOS20[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
  • IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
  • IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
  • IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
  • IOS30[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
  • IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
  • IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
  • IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
  • IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
  • IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
  • IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
  • IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
  • IOS40[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
  • IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
  • IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
  • IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
  • IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
  • IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
  • IOS50[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
  • IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
  • IOS52[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
  • IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
  • IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
  • IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
  • IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
  • IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
  • IOS60 (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
  • IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
  • IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
  • IOS70[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
  • IOS80[60] (rev 65535, Info: ModMii-IOS60-v6174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
  • IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
  • IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
  • IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
  • IOS248[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
  • IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
  • IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
  • IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
  • IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
  • BC v6
  • MIOS v10
  • Report generated on 02/01/2024.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!