Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Memino said:
Hey nice update, I notice you added this point to the guide
Code:
IOS36v3351 [This is saved in the WAD Folder because you enabled the Option36, installing this is not recommended as your IOS36 is likely already patched]

I'm not sure if my IOS36 is patched, are there any problems if you install this wad if you already have a patched IOS36, can it cause any bricks or conflicts in performance. Also second question I noticed the wad in the folder is IOS36-64-v3607 rather than the v3351 in the guide, is this normal?
actually that line was always in the guide, but would only be shown when option 36 is enabled (which is now the default setting). In the next update, I'll change this since now installing a clean IOS36 is recommended (since ModMii installs a patched IOS236 and not a patched IOS36 anymore)

Anyways, installing that wad is totally safe. Also, IOS36v3351 is used by the IOS236 Installer, and IOS36v3607 is the latest version which is installed as part of updating your active IOSs.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
Memino said:
Hey nice update, I notice you added this point to the guide
Code:
IOS36v3351 [This is saved in the WAD Folder because you enabled the Option36, installing this is not recommended as your IOS36 is likely already patched]

I'm not sure if my IOS36 is patched, are there any problems if you install this wad if you already have a patched IOS36, can it cause any bricks or conflicts in performance. Also second question I noticed the wad in the folder is IOS36-64-v3607 rather than the v3351 in the guide, is this normal?
actually that line was always in the guide, but would only be shown when option 36 is enabled (which is now the default setting). In the next update, I'll change this since now installing a clean IOS36 is recommended (since ModMii installs a patched IOS236 and not a patched IOS36 anymore)

Anyways, installing that wad is totally safe. Also, IOS36v3351 is used by the IOS236 Installer, and IOS36v3607 is the latest version which is installed as part of updating your active IOSs.
In the previous versions of your program, why is it that you left out installing the latest IOS36v3607 to make everything up to date. I noticed it was left at the slightly older IOS36v3351 (+trucha patched). Could the v3607 not be patched and used as such?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
older versions of ModMii used MMM to express install a patched IOS36 for Wii's 4.2 and under. You really only need this IOS to be patched long enough to install a cIOS. Once u install a cIOS, you don't need a patched IOS36 anymore, but some people like keeping it patched. But now that ModMii uses the IOS236 Installer, there is no need to patch IOS36 in the first place (or keep it patched for that matter).

Re. your question... just because an IOS CAN be patched, does NOT mean it SHOULD be patched... besides, there's really no difference between IOS36v3607 and IOS36v3351 except the newer version cannot be used to run the hackmii installer v0.6 and below (v0.7+ is still fine though).

If you want to patch IOS36v3607, you can use ModMii's advanced downloads feature, or DOP-Mii v13 (I think) to patch the newer IOS36v3607 (MMM definitely does not support v3607, as there has not been an update to MMM since the last Ninty Update, so for now as far as MMM knows, the latest IOS36 is v3351). But as implied above... there is no point in doing so, and I discourage people from blindly patching things and (un)installing them, as this mentally is the leading cause of bricks (IMHO).

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot Xflak for clearing all that up, I know I may be pushing it but I'll ask one more question anyway (helps with my knowledge on modding
smile.gif
). The only wad in the folder which the guide does not say to install is IOS15v1031, I would just follow the guide to the letter and not install this but I'm curious to what it does for wii system menu 4.3, are there any issues if you install this wad? If not does it do anything to performance/functionality?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's totally safe to install IOS15v1031. I've already added it to the list of wads to install in the guide (in the currently unreleased ModMii v4.2.5). In the past you did not always have to install it as it was installed in the Trucha Bug Restorer Step (which has since been removed from the guides), I just forgot to add it back to the list in the guide.

I actually caught this minor mistake earlier this morning, but I appreciate you bringing it to my attention anyways.

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I had this program the first time I modded my wii.
yaywii.gif
It made updating my ios and cios a charm. Thanks for all the hard work used to make it.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when attempting to build a 4.3U nand, it seems to go into an infinite loop during step ~22.

windows 7x64, run as administrator. using defaults for save locations.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what is step ~22??

edit: I'm building a 4.3U NAND right now, I'll let u know if I run into the same problem, but I doubt I will

edit2: it worked fine for me (running Windows 7, 64 bit) and I did not have to run it as administrator. If I can't replicate the problem, there's nothing I can do about it... maybe if u gave a little more info than step ~22 (I still have no idea what u are trying to say there)...

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ran it again, and while downloading 20 of 32, ios34 rev3607 it has been saying "00000017 wrote at 1226816" for the last half hour.

it seems to be little different as far as where it will stop, but it always stops while in the low 20's of the download queue.

it's a 4.3U for UNEEK+DI and having it build a setting.txt for me with my wii's serial.

itayda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi XFlak,

I Want to update the softmod on my old wii (3.1U) using your great application and I wanted to ask you
a few questions :

1. If I install bootmii, do I have to have a sd card with the boomii directory in the wii always ?

2.from the wizard's generated text guide :

If you cannot install BootMii as Boot2, you also need to 'prepare an SD Card' for BootMii
(as the 'BootMii' folder is required to launch BootMii as IOS or Boot2).

Is it the 'BSD' option in downloads page 2 ?

3. when I backup the nand flash - does it also backup the firmware (if I backup my current
nand and then upgrade to 4.1U, will a restore bring back the 3.1 ?)

4. this is a not so trivial question - why do I need to upgrade the software on the Wii to support newer
games such as SMG2 ? I understand the IOS concept, but you run on the same hardware, only the
games change, why do you need to upgrade software
(is it to solve all kinds of bugs and get a better working version (maybe better preformance) or Nintendo
creates new FW to block the softmods ?)

Thank you very much for your efforts :-)

Bob

Ekima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, the software is cool and accurate, thx for it, i liked it..

I have a problem and i need help..
I had an allready modded wii with 4.0U .. and i tryed to upgrade to 4.1

the answers were:
4.0 - U - 4.1 - internet channel - shop channel - some ios, ios236 installer and priiloader..

i followed the generated instructions, no probs there, until step 4 "After modding"
it supossed to be the priiloader on the homebrew channel but i didnt see it, just the ios236 installer and the mmm..
so i skipped that..

next to list was to check the SD to have a boot.dol and icon.png and meta.xml inside app folders, but i just found the mmm and the ios236 folders..
so could do that either..

anyways, if i check the nintendo system it says 4.1U .. so yes it is upgraded..

the real problem beggins with the usb loader, i used the usbloader gx... the upgrade installed me a new one.. whatevever..
both of them says there is no usb device connected, and obviously i checked all that and it is and it works.. formatted with WBFS [this is how i always used]

so, what can i do to make it work again? obviously im running ios236.. i needed for the upgrade..

and also, i only have one Game on DVD.. Super Smash Brother Brawl, bought it before any modding.. after the first mod [4.0] i could use it..
now, i cant because when i insert it, it tells me that i need to upgrade my nintendo.. i choose not to by forcing a restart [hold the power button]..

so, i can't play smash, my only "real" game =p .. nor any of the rest stored on the usb hard drive... any advice?..

Thanks for the time you're offering
Ekima.. ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.