• Total voters

NLD1888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
XFlak,
I have been busy with work & did not follow up on the discussion for a while.
Using your I've managed to ModMii 4.8.1, I've finally managed to mod my wii & can now see the HBC as well as able to play the original game disc now.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
A few more questions to ask your advice:
1. I noticed you have come up with ModMii 4.8.2. Do I need to download the latest version & re-run it to mod my Wii again?
2. I noticed that my original CFG Loader V40 is still on the main page after the mod (though there is another Loader installed after the mod by your ModMii program). Do I need to remove it? If so, how to do it?
3. My HDD is using WBFS format and after modding using ModMii, the covers of the games that used to display are now disappear. None of them is displayable. What should I do to have the game cover disaplayable?
4. I wanted to make a backup of my original game (COD MW3). Can I back it up in my HDD (in WBFS format)? How to do it? I insert the disc on my PC DVD Drive but it can't detect the disc.
5. If I want to backup the original game on another disc, what type of disc should I buy & how to do the backup since I can't read them on my computer?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1) not really, the only change to the softmod would be updating your d2x cIOS to v7final, but unless u r using nand emulated with usbloader gx, wiiflow or mighty channels it shouldn't make a difference.
2) u can delete your old channels if u want. If it's on the main system menu, just go to the wii settings --> data management and delete any outdated channels. If it's an app on the HBC, after selecting the outdated app u have the option of deleting it
3) You can reformat your hdd as fat32 then u can have everything usb-loader related on the hdd without needing an sd card. If you want to keep your hdd formatted as wbfs then u will need to have your covers and other things saved to the sd card. You can download covers via your usbloader options or using wiibackup manager (then transfer covers over to sd card from WBMs working directory).
4) Instructions on how to do so should be in the usb-loading section of your modmii guide. Basically start ur usb-loader, insert the game, then hit + (or w/e it is depending on the loader u r using).
5) Not all wii's can play backup discs, I don't know why u would want to do that anyways. But if ur wii is capable of playing backup discs u can just rip the originals as indicated in #4 above, then use wiibackupmanager on your pc to convert the backup image to an iso, then burn the iso to a dvd-r disc. Verbatim is a good brand but anything dvd-r should work. Also note that without a modchip backup discs run at half speed (relative to the original discs).

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
About mmm and yawmm:

For a long time I have used only mmm for all my wad stuff without any problems. 2 days ago I want to update the 6 recommended cIOS on a friends wii, and all 6 failed with mmm. I have tried it several times, installed IOS58 and reinstalled the homebrew channel, used an older version of mmm, but all failed.

Then I wanted to update from 4.0E to 4.1E and used for the first time the ModMii Wizard. After downloading I saw, that ModMii also install yawmm, so I gave it a chance and it does it without any other modifications.

The Wii was hacked ~18 month ago and was never since that. The installed cIOS were hermes 4 and 249 v14. mmm had no problems to install IOS58.

That's the whole story.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the version of mmm modmii downloads has ahbprot disabled by default (modified meta.xml only). So as Luigi said u would need to install\load IOS236 (or another cIOS) before being able to install any wads (with the exception of official ninty content as long as it doesn't involve downgrading, which explains why it was able to install IOS58 without problems). However, yawmm operates the same way (ie. no ahbprot and requires a patched IOS) but it will actually prompt u to choose an IOS when u load the app. If u are following the modmii wizard, it will create an mmmconfig file that auto reloads to IOS236 if installed. If you manually downloaded it from ModMii's download page 2 then u would need to manually reload to IOS236 from within mmm. It sounds like mmm was loaded using IOS61 or IOS58 without ahbprot and u did not reload to IOS236, that would explain all your symptoms :D

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not sure if IOS236 is/was installed, but if I must bet, I would say it isn't. The problem is, that the owner is an old friend of me and that she lives about 400km away. And in this week she visited her parents and ask me for help to install WiiMC. So I have no access to the wii for the next time and can't verify it.

Perhaps I can introduce her to make a syscheck ...

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could of easily done what this did by myself. But with this, I was done with everything in less than an hour. My first hacked wii took me nearly 3 to fully set up. Plus, the way this just downloads everything instantly, is amazing.

You sir, are a god.

pamtayls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI Guys,

a quick question about wiiflow downloaded through modmii. When I download wiiflow with modmii, wiiflow doesn't let me use the d2x cioses it just has the hermes ones. If I download the later rev versions it works.

Thanks

satannuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI Guys,

a quick question about wiiflow downloaded through modmii. When I download wiiflow with modmii, wiiflow doesn't let me use the d2x cioses it just has the hermes ones. If I download the later rev versions it works.

Thanks

This has been mentioned a page or two ago and in several other threads.
ModMii downloads the old r304 whereas the latest committed version is r417.
r304 is a build from December of last year which is not compatible with the latest d2x cIOS versions.
Maybe next ModMii update we will see this fixed? :)

Personally, I'm liking USBLoaderGX again... since it is back in development, it is almost up-to-par with CFGloader/WiiFlow now.
Best part - It can load all games from multiple partitions, unlike the other two.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI Guys,

Thanks

This has been mentioned a page or two ago and in several other threads.
ModMii downloads the old r304 whereas the latest committed version is r417.
r304 is a build from December of last year which is not compatible with the latest d2x cIOS versions.
Maybe next ModMii update we will see this fixed? :)

Personally, I'm liking USBLoaderGX again... since it is back in development, it is almost up-to-par with CFGloader/WiiFlow now.
Best part - It can load all games from multiple partitions, unlike the other two.
Matter of opinion :) but you know Postloader is working on loading games through it's interface in conjunction with CFG :) how freaking sweet is this?

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I chose the hard drive option for the boot loader, but I don't know what to do now. Where do I put the 'Copy to SD' files? On my external hard drive or my SD card? Do I only need those files for the first installation, or do I need to keep them on my external hard drive that will have the backups on it?

What about the 'private' folder from the Letterbomb? Does that stay on the SD card?

I just put the SD card with the private folder into my Wii and clicked on the SD card menu, but I don't know if anything happened.

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks xflak for shedding some light. More power to modmii. I have been enjoying neek2o with ease because of this.

Another thing that i wanna know if i could do safe region change using modmii. Sorry for a lot of inquiries.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@dreameaterlol, just use your sd card for the whole softmod process. Afterwards when setting up a usb-loader u can use your fat32 hdd for everything if u prefer

@arjaylight, ModMii doesn't do region changing. For that u can use "wiimod", but be careful, the reason why it's not covered in ModMii is cuz it is risky and if u make a mistake u will brick.

AnnorisPerez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a 4.3u that I sofmodded to 4.2 last night, everything went great, i added the app for the mc i believe its called to play dvds, im able to play dvds and i installed ios236 that stated would allow me to play backup games but i made a copy of the lego batman and when inserted the batman logo shows up on the disc channel and im able to click on it and it shows the main screen with the start and the return to menu, however, once i click on start i get a black screen that says something went wrong with the cd to consult the guide for troubleshooting. I made the copy with imgburn at 4x write speed, disc id 4x speed and device speed 4x, what did i do wrong? obviously its recorded correctly but why wont it play? im sorry if maybe this is an obvious question, im new to this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn spam callers keep ruining my hentai games each time they're about to climax