Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
only older model wii's can play backup discs, but since yours is showing the disc in the disc channel it means u can use neogamma (modmii's download page 2) to play backup discs. However, usb-loading is much much nicer\faster\more-convenient, I suggest u use modmii to help u set it up.

did u finish a modmii wizard guide or just do a couple things like installing IOS236? neogamma and usb-loaders need at a minimum cIOS249 to run, that would have been installed during ModMii's install WADs step

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I keep the private folder from Letterbomb, and the "Copy to SD" files on the SD drive? At any time do I need to transfer them to the external hard drive?

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I put my SD card with only the private folder into my Wii, did it actually do anything? Do I keep the private folder on my SD card along with the 'Copy to SD' folder?

How do I set up the usb loader? Was the set up for the USB loader the last few steps of the ModMii process? Because I seem to remember that at first it was asking me about SD card settings. Can ModMii set set up a NTSC hard drive as an usb loader?

Thanks

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u have your own private folder with your own personal gamesaves on it, just rename it private-personal or something, then copy over everything inside the copy_to_sd folder to the sd card

you can set up a usb-loader either from the modmii wizard or from it's own usb-loader setup option on ModMii's main menu. Yes, modmii can assist u in setting up ntsc hdd, but fat32 is recommended

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for make this app it helped me update my sisters wii I had a buddy do a few years ago. I also bought myself one and use the program to hack it. I've donated and will donate more after xmas some time.

A little suggestion it would be nice if the app had channel/forwarder wads (not 100% what you guys call them) for some of the apps or emus for those starting out. I've found the ones I'd want and plan on making my own custom ones. what little I've read it doesn't seem to hard to make.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak thanks for this btw your guide helped me get USB CNG loader working i owe you one. now i can use wiinnertag!! LOL.

Mathew_Wi

bye
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me why SNEEK+DI isn't working for me? I've got the patched kernel.bin file, everything is spot on as far as I know.

Gecko log:
Code:
NAND initialized.
found valid boot2 blockmap at page 0xbf, submap 0, generation 13
found valid boot2 blockmap at page 0x13f, submap 0, generation 11
found valid boot2 blockmap at page 0x1bf, submap 0, generation 12
boot2 blocks: 01 02 05 06 07
boot2 title key: 180d129b36dbc2b9094f77a34e7000f6
boot2 content size: 0x2b354 (padded: 0x2b360)
boot2 copy 0 loaded to 0x13f01c00
Initializing IPC...
Initializing SDHC...
sdhc_bus_power(1)
sdhc_bus_clock(25000)
CID: mid=28 name='BELEXAR' prv=16.0 psn=000083c5 mdt=5/2010
csd: 00 40 0e 00 32 5b 59 00 00 3b b7 7f 80 0a 40 00
sdmmc: sdhc mode, c_size=15287, card size = 7827456k
sdmmc_select: resp=700
Mounting SD...
booting /sneek/kernel.bin
f_read( 0xfffe2d10, 0x11000000, 168920, 168920):0
HdrSize:0010 LdrSize:0584
Loaded to 0x11000010
Shutting down IPC...
Shutting down interrupts...
Shutting down caches and MMU...
Vectoring to 0x11000010...

After this is just hangs. Regular SNEEK (non DI) works fine. It goes right by Vectoring to 0x11000010... in less than a second.

Help plz?

Santi1031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi and thank you but i little question i don't know if i did it correct or if i downloaded everything but i plug in my passport 500gb fat32 that has movie, music, and wii games but the wii doesn't recognize it i have been trying to read all the post and i Google it and i'm still not close to finding out where i went wrong i don't know if i needed to download a usb loader or if it cam with it i have the homebrew channel and a usb channel but when i go to it it tells me to plug in a usb but i have than that
thank you again and sorry for been a nooby lol
santi

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
make sure u have usb:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol on your HDD, it (or wiiflow) should be there if u used modmii to set up a usb-loader.

The channel itself will not detect when u have a hdd plugged into port 0 on the wii, after starting it, it will load the file from above (if found) and start your usb-loader

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Santi1031
If your wd passport is one of the newer types with usb 3.0 support, I would recommend to try another harddrive. I had 2 of those and gave up on them.
I now use a cheap 2.5 inch usb enclosure with a laptop harddisk in it. Works perfectly.

DanielLindgren

Trophies
XP
Hi, thanks for a great solution for running backup games. I actually do just that, I don't want the kids to destroy the discs, so this was a wonderful thing to find. i have two wii-s and I did softmod the old one "the old" way, took me(fine, call me noob) well over two days of trial and error to get it together, trucha bugs and stubs and whatnot, I found this really colorful guide where the author time and time again told the reader to "READ THE WHOLE GUIDE 3 TIMES", sorry I didn't bookmark it.
I have run into one little snag though, after using Letterbomb and latest Modmii...I transfered the games from the old USB disc to the new one, using WiiBackupManager, and the games load OK, but no game progress si shown, I know that the discs have been played in the machine. Any idea if this is some config diff in cfgUSBloader, the forwarder, or something else? I have tried both USB drives in the old wii, and they work fine, game progress showing up ok.

Any help appreciated, and thanks again to any and all who've contrib'ed to Modmii and it's components

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Game progress is saved on the wii's real nand, not the hard drive. You can backup\restore gamesaves using savegame manager gx (see ModMii's download page 2). This will allow you to transfer save games from one wii to another (as does the Wii's official save game data management menu, but there are some restrictions in that). Note that the game in question must have been played at least once before you will be able to install a gamesave to the wii.

If you want to have game saves saved to an emulated nand (ie. on the HDD) you can look into using uneek+di ("S" from ModMii's main menu), this basically redirects all NAND (Wii's internal memory) access to the USB or SD Card depending on whether u are running uneek or sneek, respectively. You can actually extract a nand dump from your old Wii (ie. nand.bin) using showmiiwads or giantpune's nandextract and use it for running neek on your new wii. This means that whenever u run neek on ANY wii, it will behave as if it were your personal wii (ie. take your game saves, channels, Mii's with you). This is pretty awesome, but there is one drawback, typically it is a little slower than real nand when loading apps and menus. But once you've actually loaded a game or an app it should be just as fast (ie. it may take longer to load the emulated system menu but once its loaded it shouldn't be choppy\laggy).

Alternatively, i heard if you use the latest version of usbloader gx it permits you to save your gamesaves on an emulated nand even though the loader itself is running off the real nand (basically ONLY gamesaves are saved to the emulated nand). Older version of usbloader gx were really buggy which is why it's not officially supported by ModMii, but I've heard they have really made a LOT of improvements and the latest version is supposed to be pretty stable.

xenxay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well hi all, i did do alot of searching and browsing, but cant find the answer to what im looking for. first of all my wii is softmodded only, did it last time about 2 years back, but did it befor that aswell, it was one of the original wii's that came out, i can play backups from disc or usb,

my wii is 4.2, i have it setup so i can use usb loader gx, and play rockband with DLC without filling up the wii internal memory, believe it had something to do with heremes, i have notice i was missing a few IOS, 1 was 248 and other i cant remember.

i have did friends wiis , alot of theme, but all of thiers were 4.3, all did same way, wich was diffrent then the way i did mine, theirs i did with the use of pimp my wii and with wii flow, all theirs do work great even with rock band 3 and they are all on wii flow, and all was there including the 248 .

what i wanted to do was upgrade my wii to 4.3 , with mods still there/updated if possible. whats the safest way to do this? updating them and adding missing ones. i was reading this Miixpress and sounds nice, can i just use this ModMii? and if i do get the update 4.3 must i do it first or use the select all when installing process?

Couple more Qs, will i lose my Rock Band DLC? or account info?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
there's no point to updating beyond 4.1, so u will gain nothing by going from 4.2 to 4.3. You can use ModMii to rehack your Wii, and it will update your cIOSs, IOSs, etc. (not IOS248, which isn't required for anything, but ModMii won't remove that either). You won't lose anything by rehacking your wii using modmii. Note that Modmii's default setting is to install a MIOS and not a cMIOS, if u want to play gamecube backup discs (on compatible Wii's) then u should enabled ModMii's cMIOS option.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Game progress is saved on the wii's real nand, not the hard drive. You can backup\restore gamesaves using savegame manager gx (see ModMii's download page 2). This will allow you to transfer save games from one wii to another (as does the Wii's official save game data management menu, but there are some restrictions in that). Note that the game in question must have been played at least once before you will be able to install a gamesave to the wii.

If you want to have game saves saved to an emulated nand (ie. on the HDD) you can look into using uneek+di ("S" from ModMii's main menu), this basically redirects all NAND (Wii's internal memory) access to the USB or SD Card depending on whether u are running uneek or sneek, respectively. You can actually extract a nand dump from your old Wii (ie. nand.bin) using showmiiwads or giantpune's nandextract and use it for running neek on your new wii. This means that whenever u run neek on ANY wii, it will behave as if it were your personal wii (ie. take your game saves, channels, Mii's with you). This is pretty awesome, but there is one drawback, typically it is a little slower than real nand when loading apps and menus. But once you've actually loaded a game or an app it should be just as fast (ie. it may take longer to load the emulated system menu but once its loaded it shouldn't be choppy\laggy).

Alternatively, i heard if you use the latest version of usbloader gx it permits you to save your gamesaves on an emulated nand even though the loader itself is running off the real nand (basically ONLY gamesaves are saved to the emulated nand). Older version of usbloader gx were really buggy which is why it's not officially supported by ModMii, but I've heard they have really made a LOT of improvements and the latest version is supposed to be pretty stable.

I would love to see it available in modmii.
It is truly awesome imho, and you are reading from a cfg user.

Every setting is avaiable from the super tight gui, childproof, all thinkable options etc.
Wiisaves directly on sd or nand ( Nand emu, dump can be made from within USBL GX, saves can be transferred from real Wii etc. awesome! )
Plays ALL problem games eg Driver SA.
Wii Channel and homebrew menu.
Next release will have Nand emulation loading Wiiware etc. ( beta is allready out with this )
Real time covers in 3d ( under details setting from game, press A and read the cover box )

And most important of all : It's stable and easy.
XFlak, if you have;nt used it untill now, please do or give an option in Modmii.
Imho it's really the ultimate usb loader.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'll probably try it out on my personal set up before adding it to ModMii, but either way it's not going to be in the next update. Right now DeadlyFoez and I are collaborating to implement some awesome changes for the next update. Assuming all goes according to plan, it may be worthy of being called ModMii 5.0... yea, it's gonna be that awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia