Bethesda delays Starfield and Redfall to "first half of 2023"

capsule_616x353.jpg

In a brief Twitter post this morning, Bethesda announced the delay of two major upcoming titles. The first is Bethesda Game Studios' long-awaited Starfield, along with Arkane Studios' co-op FPS Redfall. No specific reason was given for the delay other than they need more polish. The publisher also said they are excited to give their first "deep dive" into the gameplay soon, but did not say when that might be. It's possible we will hear more on these titles at the Xbox & Bethesda games showcase happening on June 12, however.

Digitalcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd be annoyed by this, but then remembered these games are probably gonna be Xbox only, and I don't even have a Series X or S.
Both gonna be on PC as well, still though, knowing Bethesda's track record of vidya game releases I would take everything they say/promise with about twenty tons of salt regardless

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I legit forgot about these games and just assumed they were spending all of their time trying to port Skyrim onto AirPods.
Nah, they first need to port to gameboy color and NES

• Haha

Digitalcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They're working on a Quake title last I heard.
Loved Quake, hope they do it justice, been a fan of the series since Quake 2, tho not like there have been many mainline games in the series since Quake 3 was mostly multiplayer, and Quake 4 was the latest entry and was kinda meeehh.

• Love

bonkmaykr

funny floating nut dog
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Loved Quake, hope they do it justice, been a fan of the series since Quake 2, tho not like there have been many mainline games in the series since Quake 3 was mostly multiplayer, and Quake 4 was the latest entry and was kinda meeehh.
There's Champions but it's horribly mismanaged and a nightmare to even get running, not worth the trouble honestly. I hope they treat the next entry with a lot more respect and care unlike last time

Reactions: Digitalcat

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah. Starfiled is the next Cyberpunk. Almost guaranteed to be garbage.

Dude calm down... Give things time and the fruits of the acquisition will be ripe for the picking! You know AAA games take longer than ever now to make.

By the way i own an Xbox One X and a Series X. Oh and a PS5 that's never been opened :)

bonkmaykr

funny floating nut dog
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Yay for Microsoft and their do nothing studios. They can buy up every last one they want, but when the output is next to nothing... yeah. Starfiled is the next Cyberpunk. Almost guaranteed to be garbage.
Good games take time to make. Doesn't matter if you're independent or a big studio. Chill the hell out and be more sympathetic.

Delays mean they're putting more time and care into the game, your immediate reaction should not be "it's almost guaranteed to be garbage!!1!". What, do you want it to release right now, unfinished and unplayable? Would that make it "not garbage"? I hope you don't seriously believe that...

Digitalcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude calm down... Give things time and the fruits of the acquisition will be ripe for the picking! You know AAA games take longer than ever now to make.

By the way i own an Xbox One X and a Series X. Oh and a PS5 that's never been opened :)
Kinda sad though that longer doesn't always mean better though, so much money is wasted during AAA development, even more so when it comes to PR. How long a game takes to develop and how well it will end up regardless of time is solely dependent on the project leads and their individual division heads. A well-oiled machine can achieve much more way faster with less money, however, nowadays there are hundreds of people working on one game, even more, if outside studios start being brought onboard or when outside contract workers come in.

I feel that sometimes huge projects take so much longer and come out so much worse exactly because there are so many people working on it and that is despite somehow there still being crunch on projects with hundreds of people working on a game, No doubt most triple A games these days suffer from some case of mismanagement, either at the studio level or at the publishers level because of unnecessary interference. IE. how EA has their inclusivity department or something it was called, where they advocated in Battlefield 2042 how there shouldn't have scoreboards and other competitive features that could lead away from the, everyone is a winner mentality, but I digress, idk, I just think Smaller more focused teams and less interference from publishers could lead to faster games or at least in a quality increase.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redfall, the only thing I remember about that game, is when the name leaked, people thought it was the next TES name leak. Then it was shown at E3, and the hype died fast. As for Starfield, I might get it on PC, but after Fallout 4 and 76, I have a hard time getting hyped for anything Bethesda.

Bethesda didn't even do anything for Morrowind's 20th anniversary. :( That kind of bummed me out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz