Gaming Better in their PSP: What games are better in their PSP version?

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
While it tends to be forgotten due to being digital only, and so is impossible to get it legally nowadays, the PSP version of the Final Fantasy III remake is better that the DS version.

bitleman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Metal Slug XX was a big upgrade of Metal Slug 7.
Also the original Rondo of Blood in Catlevania Chronicles on PSP is translated in English. I think it's the only version in that language. The Wii version is in japanese.

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is easy to forget but the PSP was actually really popular and at the time was the most powerful portable console in the market, it even outsold the GBA if barely. Having a hardware more powerful that a Playstation and over a 1 GB of space for games also have the developers a lot more room to play with. Take the difference between Crush on the 3DS and the PSP.

Despite the 3DS being a newer console the game is better on the PSP since it was a system more easy to program with and programers didn't have to deal with using two screens.

In fact the PSP was too successful for Sony own good since it keep outselling the Vita and games keep getting developed by it after the Vita release.Worse, after a Vita update made some PSP games DLC not wotk in the Vita it have people even more reason to keep using the PSP. Not to mention of course that the PSP memory cards were way cheaper.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:teach: MGSPW, COD, SC-Chaos Theory, Ace Combat and MOH on my :psp:. I feel better in control than on my PC. Oh, and my Socom FTB's.

On the otherside, I wonder if there is a pc version of KILLZONE.

Last edited by AncientBoi,

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spongebob Squarepants: The Yellow Avenger

I've only played it on an emulator as I've never had a PSP but this version seems better than the ds version, the load times are longer tho

Reactions: AncientBoi

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FInal Fantasy Tactics was quite a bit better than the psx version
I felt the ps1 version is better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd say Persona 3 FES for PS2 is the definitive version at this point. I think that Persona, Persona 2 Innocent Sin, and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment are also best on psp compared to old psx versions
yet you can't control your party members in the ps2 version

While it tends to be forgotten due to being digital only, and so is impossible to get it legally nowadays, the PSP version of the Final Fantasy III remake is better that the DS version.
I would rather play the ds version because of the novelty of it.

Its kinda hard to see the psp version of the games are better when you have ps1 games on the psp. While the psp versions added stuff the ps1 version are solid enough that you rather just play thoses. Like would you rather play the ps1 version of Final Fantasy Tactics or the psp version with the slow magic animation and the stretch out screen resolution?

raxadian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Lunar: the Silver Star, released first for Saturn, then for PSX, then for GBA (under the name Lunar Legend) and finally for PSP, undoubtedly the best version. Period.;)

I prefer the PSX version, unless the PSP version has the two games in one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1