Black screen after start... suddenly

Naster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Last time I played my Wii on December 2021 and everything worked fine. A week ago I turned it on and got a black screen. I'm using the OSSC but problem wasn't there, other consoles worked with it just fine and Wii being connected straight to TV still gave me a black screen.
I started to look on the internet. I checked everything:
Bluetooth module is fine -- controllers syncs and menu music plays. I dissassembled the Wii -- no signs of any burned contacts or something like that. I used alcohol to clean the video output.
Component cable is fine -- I checked it on Wii U, it works fine. I even bought a new one and got the same problem -- sound is there but image is gone.
I didn't used BootMii and Priiloader so NAND should be fine. Besides, system boots ok, I can hear it.
I even tried to use different TVs and wall sockets -- same problem.

And now the most stupid thing -- while using my friend's AV cable Wii works just fine!

So what can cause a problem? I saw many other threads with a problem like this and got no answers.

Naster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Btw I bought a new Wii and faced the same problem.
Turned out it was AC adapter. The second one (which came with the second Wii) made my first Wii run perfectly with component cable. Somehow AC adapter disrupted component signal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: know what? fuck you guys, i've decided to curse you guys with some knowledge: i'm too sexy by...