Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there even is a port to cubic ninja coming :)
Or better: KARL3DS

It would be okay for me with just KARL3DS, but it didn't come out yet am I right? Also, I've been reading about OSKA, they both look great, I just need one release to play SSB online and Amiibo compatibilty :lol: I can play blargsnes in the 3DSXL

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It would be okay for me with just KARL3DS, but it didn't come out yet am I right? Also, I've been reading about OSKA, they both look great, I just need one release to play SSB online and Amiibo compatibilty :lol: I can play blargsnes in the 3DSXL

Yeah, it is still work in progress, may we see a release soon :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not that it really needs another confirmation, but 1.3 in CIA format works great with sound on the New 3DS LL/XL as well. My original 3DS is quickly becoming obsolete..

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not that it really needs another confirmation, but 1.3 in CIA format works great with sound on the New 3DS LL/XL as well. My original 3DS is quickly becoming obsolete..

Damn I only wish KARL3DS get released or Gateway through Cubic Ninja so I could do a system transfer and get rid of this Old 3DS XL. :lol:

Reactions: daxtsu

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Nuxx_exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The roms cannot be in a zip file, it needs to be in sfc format or whatever else it needs, but not zip or rar

I tried it with roms extracted, with roms zipped/RAR'd, and even tried .smc files. Only the roms i mentioned work and they're in .sfc format. My original 3ds wouldn't even pick up on any roms at all, but that's irrelevant being that i already updated that one

jolle23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Secret of evermore doesn`t work for me.
Black screen after the squaresoft logo.
Tried several european roms.

Im using the cia way with the gateway.
Any ideas?

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works perfectly on my N3DS. Basically looks as it would on the O3DS. Donkey Kong has that Black Background Sky. LOL. But otherwise runs perfectly with the Games I have loaded.

Attachments

• 20150315_145810.jpg
    20150315_145810.jpg
    985.7 KB · Views: 322

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
The black sky is because of palette alterations mid-frame. Can't be replicated at this time without major slowdown to the hardware renderer (as all graphic tiles are converted the moment a change is made, whether the paletted graphic tile itself, or the palette it uses).

More specifically, the hardware renderer checks each scanline from top to bottom before doing any rendering, so whatever palette is set for the last scanline is what gets used.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The black sky is because of palette alterations mid-frame. Can't be replicated at this time without major slowdown to the hardware renderer (as all graphic tiles are converted the moment a change is made, whether the paletted graphic tile itself, or the palette it uses).

So is that something that can be fixed?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So is that something that can be fixed?

The idea was to simulate a paletted graphic cel by converting it to a bumpmapped texture (vs a direct-color texture that is being used right now, which can't be paletted) and using a 256-entry reflective RGB sampler (a set for each channel) to decide what color reflects from the polygon to the viewer. Unfortunately, attempts to use it as such are not looking good. Don't even know if bumpmapping has been figured out on the system yet.

PKNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to re-map the buttons? I am currently playing mother 2 and I would like to swap L to R, also for other games.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
you could just rename the roms to sfc, the Super Pro Fighter dumper was indeed more reliable than the Super Wild Card, for some reason some dumps got a checksum mismatch but still playable. but the builtup of the files were the same, so you could (if the checksum is allright) just rename the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1