Blazblue

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got this game and spent a few hours playing. Its so much fun and worth every penny.
Since I just got my PS3, I don't have many friends so whoever plays BB should go and add me on PSN.

My ID is xcaliBBop. Please send me a PM on gbatemp beforehand or I won't accept your request. I'd like to know who's who.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcalibur...you went to the dark side. I looked up to you.
frown.gif

But its cool you finally got BlazBlue though. But my fun of torturing you ends though. Enjoy the game.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcalibur said:
Rock Raiyu said:
xcalibur...you went to the dark side. I looked up to you.
frown.gif

I'm getting the 360 version too. I just couldn't wait 6 months for it :|

Oh ok lol. I was honestly joking, I'm going to save up to get a PS3 as well...as soon as I get a job which may be a while.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Sep 2 2009, 09:18 PM)
Which PS3 model did you get and what price? Because I would say to just wait for the Slim model.

Also, this is a fighting game, right?
2D Arcade Fighter, yes.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Which PS3 model did you get and what price? Because I would say to just wait for the Slim model.

Also, this is a fighting game, right?

Funny you should mention that, I did get the PS3 slim.
biggrin.gif
Cost me £250 including 2 games.
Yeah, Blazblue is a 2D arcade fighter in the vein of Guilty Gear (it is by the same studio after all). The gameplay is amazing but the artstyle is very animu infused so it may put some people off.

TrolleyDave said:
What do you think of the PS3 Xcali?

In all honesty I am loving it right now. The XMB is a lot better looking interface (and classier too) than the 360's dashboard. Game installs are annoying but its only 5 mins and out of the 7 games I've got right now, only 3 are install. The Dualshock 3 controller still feels a bit too light for me but that could be because I'm so used to holding a wireless 360 controller. It annoys me that games play at 720p and cant be upscaled but thats just me. Its not like I'd see a difference anyway.

QUOTE(Cablephish @ Sep 3 2009, 03:06 AM)
Add meh, Cablephish. I don't have Blazblue, but if you ever get any other games I eventually get, you can join everyone in PSN Nights!

I'll be sure to add you when I get hom. If I forget to add you you could just add me.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
xcalibur said:
TrolleyDave said:

In all honesty I am loving it right now. The XMB is a lot better looking interface (and classier too) than the 360's dashboard. Game installs are annoying but its only 5 mins and out of the 7 games I've got right now, only 3 are install. The Dualshock 3 controller still feels a bit too light for me but that could be because I'm so used to holding a wireless 360 controller. It annoys me that games play at 720p and cant be upscaled but thats just me. Its not like I'd see a difference anyway.

Nice one! My nephews 360 red ringed a while back and then screwed up a few months later so he's going for a PS3 instead and he's worried that he's not gonna like it (his heads been filled with rubbish by his 360 fanboy mates). I know what you mean about the pads, I've only had a go on one a few times but really didn't like the controller. It felt kinda small and ligh, he's always liked the dualshock controllers tho. The whole install thing with the PS3 won't really bother him as he's been installing all his 360 games to hard drive anyway. His telly only does 720p as well so the 720p only thing shouldn't bother him either.

£250 for a slim with two games, you snagged a bargain there mate! I wouldn't mind one myself to be honest, I saw Uncharted 2 and my mouth watered.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so you finally got it, eh? I'll add you when I get on later and maybe we can have a match or two. My details are in my sig.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
xcalibur said:
TrolleyDave said:

Nice one! My nephews 360 red ringed a while back and then screwed up a few months later so he's going for a PS3 instead and he's worried that he's not gonna like it (his heads been filled with rubbish by his 360 fanboy mates). I know what you mean about the pads, I've only had a go on one a few times but really didn't like the controller. It felt kinda small and ligh, he's always liked the dualshock controllers tho. The whole install thing with the PS3 won't really bother him as he's been installing all his 360 games to hard drive anyway. His telly only does 720p as well so the 720p only thing shouldn't bother him either.

£250 for a slim with two games, you snagged a bargain there mate! I wouldn't mind one myself to be honest, I saw Uncharted 2 and my mouth watered.

It sounds like the PS3 is exactly right for your cousin then
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +2
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol