Bleach or Death Note

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
Bleach is another shitty shounen shit. Even though, I thought it had potiencial to be something good at the beginning, but it's flaws started out from the first few episodes. The main flaw of Bleach, is that it drags on far too long, and it's storyline can't actually end, because there wouldn't be a suitable end for it. It's animation is pretty laughable every once in a while too.

Death Note, on the other hand, was at least excellent. It was the 2nd anime that brought me back into the world of anime. (Because I thought all anime were like Inuyasha, Bleach, and Naruto, back then.) Characters are interesting, mainly L, and the suspense is great. Plot is well written in the first half, and the battle of wits is something that's not too often shown in a shounen show, and some may be turned off due to that. It does have its flaws in the second half, but the first half was extremely well one. The animation was decent overall.

So, Death note is superior.
Agreed with everything in your post.

Death Note FTW.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
ojsinnerz said:
Bleach is another shitty shounen shit. Even though, I thought it had potiencial to be something good at the beginning, but it's flaws started out from the first few episodes. The main flaw of Bleach, is that it drags on far too long, and it's storyline can't actually end, because there wouldn't be a suitable end for it. It's animation is pretty laughable every once in a while too.

Death Note, on the other hand, was at least excellent. It was the 2nd anime that brought me back into the world of anime. (Because I thought all anime were like Inuyasha, Bleach, and Naruto, back then.) Characters are interesting, mainly L, and the suspense is great. Plot is well written in the first half, and the battle of wits is something that's not too often shown in a shounen show, and some may be turned off due to that. It does have its flaws in the second half, but the first half was extremely well one. The animation was decent overall.

Death Note FTW.

Seconded.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bleach, as you can see by my avatar and sig
tongue.gif
Just cuz, I like the storyline more I guess.... but then again, I've only watched the first episode of Death Note, looks good, but I'm too lazy to keep on watching, Bleach had me going right away.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Private|Parts said:
Salamantis said:
ojsinnerz said:

Death Note FTW.

Seconded.

I want to reply to everyone in this thread who said that death note sucked after L's death.

Go read the manga. Seriously.
In the manga, the first arc (up until L's death) was a smaller arc than the second. Yet for some reason they made the first arc 25 episodes but the second arc only 15. It shouldve had at least 30 episodes so thats probably the reason why everyone is so turned off by the second part. All the greatness was rushed and squished into a few episodes.
N was a worthy successor of L and X-Kira was not as mad and obsessive as he seemed in the anime. Start from about chapter 45.

About bleach... I think it went the route of dragonball to dragonball Z. The first arc, up until aizens betrayal was pretty awesome. It had action, plot and lots of comedy in the first 10 or so episodes. Afterwards it just turned into a generic shonen anime and even though some parts were admittedly awesome (though none come to mind right now) it just plain old sucks. Everythings been done before and I wouldn't miss it if it got cancelled.

Death Note all the way.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Xcalibur said:
Private|Parts said:
Salamantis said:
ojsinnerz said:

Death Note FTW.

Seconded.

I want to reply to everyone in this thread who said that death note sucked after L's death.

Go read the manga. Seriously.
In the manga, the first arc (up until L's death) was a smaller arc than the second. Yet for some reason they made the first arc 25 episodes but the second arc only 15. It shouldve had at least 30 episodes so thats probably the reason why everyone is so turned off by the second part. All the greatness was rushed and squished into a few episodes.
N was a worthy successor of L and X-Kira was not as mad and obsessive as he seemed in the anime. Start from about chapter 45.

About bleach... I think it went the route of dragonball to dragonball Z. The first arc, up until aizens betrayal was pretty awesome. It had action, plot and lots of comedy in the first 10 or so episodes. Afterwards it just turned into a generic shonen anime and even though some parts were admittedly awesome (though none come to mind right now) it just plain old sucks. Everythings been done before and I wouldn't miss it if it got cancelled.

Death Note all the way.

I already read the manga, and I still feel that N shouldn't have been the Succesor. True, N was much more like L, but it feels that Mello did more work than Near.

And I also do feel that the manga gets in detail a bit more, but still not a very satisfactory end for me.

A4NoOb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we're talking strictly the manga: Death Note > Bleach

If we're talking fagfans: Death Note = Bleach

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Son of Science said:
Bleach

In the first season, it's only pretty good, but then after, they stay on Namek forever.

Fixed. Another LONNNGGGGG mainstream Shounen show with shit animation? No thanks. The only good mainstream Shounen was FMA, and that's under 60 episodes, decent animation, good plot, and good characters. Also,
;_; Hughes.

QUOTE(A4NoOb @ Aug 31 2008, 06:31 AM) If we're talking strictly the manga: Death Note > Bleach

If we're talking fagfans: Death Note = Bleach

Well, although that's true, at least the Death Note fags have a reason for liking it so much. Bleach is .............

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Death Note. I kinda lost interest in Bleach after episode 20... xP But I'm sure that there's worse anime then it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ