Blood, humping, lawsuits and rage.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Wow. Been an exciting few days. Seems unfair for me to be experiencing all this wierdness alone, so here, I share it with you all. So without further ado, aside from this bit....and this bit...and...no, without further ado, here's a short list of events from the world of Blaze.

- Work is gonna be funny tomorrow. The boss gets back from a two week vacation and he left his phone behind, so he has absolutely no idea what's been going on for the last two weeks. The short list would be that several prominant staff members have rage-quit and stormed out, never to return. And the remaining staff took one look at their payslips and decided enough was enough, and from there to arrange legal action against both the boss and the company as a whole for constantly ripping us off and not paying us for shifts. I for example was underpaid by over £120 this month. Nobody can provide any answers so I have joined (if by joined you mean am currently leading) the charge against these thieves. On top of that I along with several others never finished that stupid Nike SKU training as it was causing critical damage to our computer systems. No doubt the boss will try to stem the flow of problems by trying to use that as an excuse to sack us, but we've already got it on good authority that any attempt to do so would result in a valid case of unfair dismissal as we're not actually contracted to do anything outside of our rota'd hours, including homework like this, never mind risk our own possessions. Legally speaking they HAVE to provide the means to do it while on the premises. Which they haven't. So they're fucked on SOOOO many levels.

So...yeah, can't wait to see the look on his face in the morning.

- On the subject of work, I'm resuming my hunt for a career in the gaming journalism area. I know I'm at a disadvantage not having a journalism degree (or in fact a degree of any kind) but it never hurts to try. So I'm putting together a portfolio of my best reviews and articles, sending it to every magazine in the country (nay, the world) and we'll see how it goes. One way or another I have to leave JJB Sports as soon as possible. To be fair I've already heard back from a few trial runs I sent out, including the mighty Edge Magazine. They say my work shows a lot of potential and they'd like to see more. They were kind enough to send me a set of basic rules for reviews, which have been quite helpful in bringing my reviews closer to pro standard. Maybe with this new knowledge they'll like my work so much they'd be willing to pay me for it every now and then.

- As you know, I suffer from stress and as a result high blood pressure. It's reached quite dangerous levels thanks to this wanky pay check, to the point that now the slightest scratch draws blood, a tiny cut on my finger which would normally heal before I finish the walk to the medical cabinet will now bleed profusely for some considerable time. I'm really quite worried. I cut my finger on a box of shoes today. Quite apart from that being the most undignified way to sustain an injury I can think of that doesn't involve bizarre sexual practises, it bled for quite a while. And not like a tiny drop, we're talking a steady flow of blood, all over this customer's new white shoes. Yeah, they didn't sell. Felt kinda woozy for a while after. I've also sustained an injury of some kind to my right knee, which occasionally flares up to put me in extreme agony for a few minutes. Last time I was carrying six boxes of shoes. My entire leg gave way and I crashed to the floor in front of the customers. To be fair the deputy manager ran over to see if I was OK and gave me a break, he could see I was struggling.

- Nanaki is getting pretty wierd. He's odd. I think he's bi-polar. One minute he'll be flying around like a kite, digging up the garden (he still hasn't found me any buried pirate treasure, bloody useless hound) and humping legs (a brief smack on the nose soon got him out of that habit, he's a quick learner), the next he's totally crashed out and immovable for hours. You call his name, he looks up with that dispondant look on his face like 'ugh. what now?' then rolls over and goes back to sleep. He's still kind of attached to me, in fact I came downstairs early to feed him yesterday, he was of course happy to see me, then I came back upstairs to get changed for work and he was whining for me to come back down and play. Poor little thing, he gets lonely easily. At least he's mastered toilet training though, now his brain has finally figured out that he's learned he's meant to crap outside, and he can get through the cat flap, and that there might be a way of combining these two scraps of knowledge to avoid getting his face rubbed in shit every morning. Dunno what he'll do when he's too big for the cat flap, guess I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

- Started work on a new literary project. I normally work on fanfiction but it's become pretty obvious that such things are near impossible to get published to justify the time invested. So I've begun work on an actual novel. It's a piece of piss to write, I'm basing it on people I actually know so no need to work out detailed character profiles. I am of course taking some pretty fucking epic liberties with the plot, greatly embelishing a few details, but such is the advantage of the novel, I'm not contractually obliged to stick to the facts. Going well so far. Got a pretty detailed chapter guide set out already, the main plot is planned out, although I do have to give it a little depth by adding a side story of some kind. It's a story of love, redemption, betrayal, Fate, the big stuff. Promise to be quite the emotional rollercoaster. You never know, might see it in the bargain bin of your local Tesco one day.

- Despite having spent a small fortune on my 3DS, I'm barely using it. Mostly because I've been working a lot lately, but also because I've rediscovered Afterburner Climax on my 360s hard drive. I love the system, but that sweet spot seems a little difficult to find at times. It's normally not too bad but in games like Ridge Racer you have to be spot on or you get blurry ghost images to the side of your car, very noticable and kinda annoying. So if I'm struggling to find the sweet spot I switch to 2D mode. I have been playing it a fair bit, I guess I just need to get used to it and find that one game I simply can't wait to play when I get home. Ridge Racer and Pilotwings are great fun but they're not quite at that legendary standard where I'll be running home from work to play more, remembering every detail years later because it was just so damn good. Those experiences have been rare in recent years. I think the last one was probably the Phoenix Wright saga.

Incidentally, the squirrel suit in Pilotwings is fuckin' awesome.

- You recall me mentioning the new girl in Tesco named Yuna? Well, we got to talking and we actually have things in common beside a running video game theme to our lives. She's actually quite a nice girl. Cute, funny, intelligent (not from this city then
tongue.gif
), and we have pretty similar interests. Nothing beyond that for the time being but I'll keep you posted.

Well, got work in the morning so I better call it a night. Thanks to those who have been sending me their friend codes for the 3DS by the way. I'll be sure to add you all when I get a free moment. Might pick up a few new games when I can raise the funds midweek, expect news closer to the time. But for now, toodles
smile.gif

Blaze.

'See reality my way, OR DIE!' - Dylan Moran.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: damn I have no 10 dollar bill