Boot2vWii Channel?

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ho there guys. So I just recently discovered that Wii Homebrew using inject scripts from the Wii U menu doesn't give you any access to USB devices (with UStealth or not). That is what HBL2HBC was supposed to fix. However this is supposed to be replaced with a new script called Boot2vWii Channel? I looked at the github and I couldn't find anything to download, it just had info for command prompt lines. Could anyone explain to me how to do this on my own? Don't be afraid to talk down to me, I am total n00b status here. Also will this still work over CBHC? Thanks guys.

https://github.com/WiiDatabase/Boot2vWii

Edit: THIS IS NOT TO BE RECOMMENDED FOR CBHC OR TIRAMISU!!! You can learn as you read on.

Last edited by Sowden,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ho there guys. So I just recently discovered that Wii Homebrew using inject scripts from the Wii U menu doesn't give you any access to USB devices (with UStealth or not). That is what HBL2HBC was supposed to fix. However this is supposed to be replaced with a new script called Boot2vWii Channel? I looked at the github and I couldn't find anything to download, it just had info for command prompt lines. Could anyone explain to me how to do this on my own? Don't be afraid to talk down to me, I am total n00b status here. Also will this still work over CBHC? Thanks guys.

https://github.com/WiiDatabase/Boot2vWii
I just compiled them. I know nothing about them though:

Attachments

• Boot2vWii.zip
    144.3 KB · Views: 135

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just compiled them. I know nothing about them though:
Thanks for that. But that compile just gave a black screen or strait up crashed. I think there is something I need to do with cond prompt lines that I don't understand.

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I in particular use Wiiflow over USB Loader GX. But I don't use Nintendont, I have a modded Gamecube if I want to play GC games. Why?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I just tested it. it's buggy, the first time the system froze, the second time through mii maker, it said something about there being a problem with system memory. however, usb loader gx no longer asks if I want to display video on the tv only or both tv and gamepad. it does both by default with no input required. I don't know if you want to use it or not, but you must have a wiiflow channel on both wiiu and vwii.

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's supposed to skip the gamepad question and load a Wii Homebrew app. I got the memory error too, but I never got it to throw me to miimaker. How did you get it to do that, through the elf file? And why USB Loader GX instead of Homebrew Channel?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured out what was wrong. the title id I used for make was incorrect. I used the example one, when mine is different. yours was supposed to boot the "ConnectMii" channel from RiiConnect24, but it probably failed for the same reason or if you did not have those channels. I don't know what ConnectMii is, and I think RiiConnect24 is a homebrew channel meant to replace wiiconnect24, so it's not a default app.

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute, I think I'm slowly starting to get this. So its made to boot connection (which your right, I don't have), but if you look in the source folder you see files for Wiiflow, USB Loader GX, and Nintendont. You just need to use those files in the comand prompt to create different forwarders. But my question is how do we create other files for other programs, such as ones of your choice? And how do you create forward icons on your Wii U menu? And overall does this still work with CBHC? So many questions...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute, I think I'm slowly starting to get this. So its made to boot connection (which your right, I don't have), but if you look in the source folder you see files for Wiiflow, USB Loader GX, and Nintendont. You just need to use those files in the comand prompt to create different forwarders. But my question is how do we create other files for other programs, such as ones of your choice? And how do you create forward icons on your Wii U menu? And overall does this still work with CBHC? So many questions...
I think you need the lowid, which is what comes after the 00050000. you can get the full id from the .tik or .tmd. I use the .tik with a hex editor. it's not very hard to find. you'd need a png of some sort as well to go in assets or use one of the ones already in there.

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need the lowid, which is what comes after the 00050000. you can get the full id from the .tik or .tmd. I use the .tik with a hex editor. it's not very hard to find. you'd need a png of some sort as well to go in assets or use one of the ones already in there.

:unsure: I understand what a .tik file is about. That's one of those things we don't talk about a lot around here. But are there .tik files for Wii Homebrew apps? And using a hex editor? I've only used one once to burn firmware on a board, and that was already there for me. And lowid, isn't that related to eMule? I dono.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this uses an already created forwarder then removes the wiimote directions like sending to your gamepad or both to tv and gamepad. it removes that thing. the .tik for homebrew is okay, since it's not Nintendo code. the forwarder you're using, I'd need that .tik.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hey ho there guys. So I just recently discovered that Wii Homebrew using inject scripts from the Wii U menu doesn't give you any access to USB devices (with UStealth or not). That is what HBL2HBC was supposed to fix
Author of Boot2vWii here, let me explain.

Boot2vWii is ONLY for Aroma and WON'T WORK with Tiramisu or the Homebrew Launcher! It's not made for that and you can't use it since Aroma is not public yet.
HBL2HBC does not fix this "problem", these are two different things. VC Injects are different in that you can not access USB devices (as you already wrote) and therefore can't use USB loaders (since there is only one IOS active and reloading to another one blackscreens).
You can take a look at https://github.com/Brawl345/Nintendont-Channel-Booter which is hardcoded to boot the Nintendont channel. I haven't updated it since 2018 so idk if it still compiles. I don't know what your goal is though.

No matter what you use, you CANNOT use the Wii U GamePad as a controller when you use a forwarder! It will ONLY work with the VC Injector. But when you use the VC Injector you WON'T have access to USB devices. There is NO solution for this!

think you need the lowid, which is what comes after the 00050000
(after the 00010001 since it loads a Wii channel, not a Wii U one)

Sowden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, thank you so much for clairafying. I am at a complete level of n00b status when it comes to coding stuff, so thank you for jumping in. Good to know this works with Aroma, and that it's out there in the either. And thanks for the reference to the nintendont forwarder. My goal is to get a replacement for HBL2HBC because the opertunity to buy a new DS game is fleeting. I would like for the forwarder to be made for different apps, as @SaulFabre has done for Genesis Plus GX in another thread.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-emulator-updates.553494/page-17#post-9859252

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1