ROM Hack BotW save editor help?!?!?!?!?!?!

TechDark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I want to edit my botw save file on my switch, and I followed a few steps and downloaded Checkpoint

When i backed up my save on checkpoint, I got into the save editor from https://www.marcrobledo.com/savegame-editors/zelda-botw/

I found out that it only worked for the wii u, then i converted the save file to a wii u save.

It still doesn't work! Am I using the wrong homebrew backup app??

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That editor works with the switch save file too. No need to convert it to Wii U format. Also, you have to save the changes when you’re done and put the modded save in the save folder

TechDark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

bsiebold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i am having a similar issue but everytime i change out the save file with the new modified save file, it resets my game and puts me back into the shrine of resurrection with only 3 hearts. I have posted on the issues page but can anyone provide some input on this to help me out?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i am having a similar issue but everytime i change out the save file with the new modified save file, it resets my game and puts me back into the shrine of resurrection with only 3 hearts. I have posted on the issues page but can anyone provide some input on this to help me out?
I don't know what steps you followed but you don't need to convert wiiu saves to switch. You can modify each one directly with the save editor.

bsiebold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what steps you followed but you don't need to convert wiiu saves to switch. You can modify each one directly with the save editor.

I'm completely new to this. So i'm trying to learn. but i am using atmosphere with checkpoint. once my save file is on my computer i upload it to the marc robledo save editor and i edit things and add weapons and bows, etc. but i save the changes and replace the old save file with the modified save file in every folder (0-5) and every folder it starts me off at the beginning of the game with nothing that i added or changed.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm completely new to this. So i'm trying to learn. but i am using atmosphere with checkpoint. once my save file is on my computer i upload it to the marc robledo save editor and i edit things and add weapons and bows, etc. but i save the changes and replace the old save file with the modified save file in every folder (0-5) and every folder it starts me off at the beginning of the game with nothing that i added or changed.
I haven't done it in a while but you're probably either not backup up the right folder or not restoring the right folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

make sure you have the latest checkpoint. Backup your save again making sure it's the right one. copy to pc, edit, copy to the right place in the sd card. then restore in checkpoint.

bsiebold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
welcome to the learning process. It takes time and dedication but if you persevere you will succeed.

any idea on what i could be doing wrong?
when i load checkpoint i just select botw then select my profile and it backs up the entire thing to my sd card, that i then load onto my computer and go into each folder 0-5 and use the game_data.sav and upload it to the marc editor and change my stuff around and then click save changes and then take the new file and put it in the folders 0-5 and then erase the original game_data.sav and then rename the new file(game_data.sav(1)) to (game_data.sav) and that's all i do on all 6 folders and everytime it send me back to the beginning of the game

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any idea on what i could be doing wrong?
when i load checkpoint i just select botw then select my profile and it backs up the entire thing to my sd card, that i then load onto my computer and go into each folder 0-5 and use the game_data.sav and upload it to the marc editor and change my stuff around and then click save changes and then take the new file and put it in the folders 0-5 and then erase the original game_data.sav and then rename the new file(game_data.sav(1)) to (game_data.sav) and that's all i do on all 6 folders and everytime it send me back to the beginning of the game
first of all each folder is a new save. just deleted all but the 1 save you want and keep and make a backup of it. This will reduce the ammount of confusion. So backup that one save. then transfer to pc and edit. then put it back on sd card. and then restore with checkpoint. there's not need to be renaming files.

bsiebold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all each folder is a new save. just deleted all but the 1 save you want and keep and make a backup of it. This will reduce the ammount of confusion. So backup that one save. then transfer to pc and edit. then put it back on sd card. and then restore with checkpoint. there's not need to be renaming files.

i'm going to try tonight i just wish there was a step by step video lol i was dumb and didn't back up my original file (completely out of my own stupidity) and lost all progress in the game (only 2 divine beasts so not much)

bsiebold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just tried the New Save Goldenn Save! and that works perfectly. So then i took the golden save save file created a new folder and made an online editor save folder. went to the website added the flamebreaker helm boots and armor. and clicked save then added it. then i restore that folder. and when i booted it up it reset me back to the beginning :(

badman112

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi am having a problem too, after editing my save and restoring on my switch it does not make any changes. I can open it back up with the editor and it says its still edited. What im i doing wrong???

version 1.5.0 EUR
DLC version 3.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)