Homebrew "Bricked" 2DS by resetting console after MSET downgrade, trying to save it

StefanDesu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just in case you need to get some particular game, remember many public libraries also have videogames in Germany. (at least in Braunschweig)
So you could just borrow the game from the library.
Our library seems to have Majora's Mask 3D, but I wasn't able to find OoT through their only search. Not a bad idea though!

Try to boot TheLegendofZeldaOcarinaofTime3Dhax
I will if we can't figure out why ninjhax isn't working. The thought if all this effort is even worth it crossed my mind though... I might just go the hardware mod route.

StefanDesu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok then maybe try Ninjhax 1.1 beta version
Isn't this the version on the website? If not, where can I find it?

By the way, I'm going to bed now. I will try any suggestions tomorrow morning if I have enough time. Thanks so far, I hope we can figure this out!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Our library seems to have Majora's Mask 3D, but I wasn't able to find OoT through their only search. Not a bad idea though!

I will if we can't figure out why ninjhax isn't working. The thought if all this effort is even worth it crossed my mind though... I might just go the hardware mod route.
Have you tried Ninjhax 1.1 or just 2.5? Only 1.x will work on your firmware. Delete the Cubic Ninja save (by holding L+R+X+Y on the title screen) before you try installing 1.1. That is your best bet right now, I'm afraid if that doesn't work then your only hope is updating through recovery mode.

SANNIC789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OPs console is soft bricked, and Ninjhax isn't working. We have to either find out why and fix it, or find an alternative to Ninjhax. I have suggested OoTHax as an alternative.
hmm well he neads the homemenu loaded for ninjahax 1.1 to go past 70% and he is on 8.1 FW so he cant use 2.5 at all.... i think he is skrued

Reactions: Quantumcat

StefanDesu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have you tried Ninjhax 1.1 or just 2.5? Only 1.x will work on your firmware. Delete the Cubic Ninja save (by holding L+R+X+Y on the title screen) before you try installing 1.1. That is your best bet right now, I'm afraid if that doesn't work then your only hope is updating through recovery mode.
I've tried this one: http://smealum.net/ninjhax/. This is 1.1 right? I have also deleted the Cubic Ninja save before every single try.

I think I should already prepare my soldering set... at least I have one. I once soldered a resistor onto a DS Lite motherboard to make it work without the upper screen and it worked, so might soldering skills might not be too bad after all. :D

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've tried this one: http://smealum.net/ninjhax/. This is 1.1 right? I have also deleted the Cubic Ninja save before every single try.

I think I should already prepare my soldering set... at least I have one. I once soldered a resistor onto a DS Lite motherboard to make it work without the upper screen and it worked, so might soldering skills might not be too bad after all. :D

That's 1.1, yes.

SANNIC789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so for ninjahax 1.1 to go past 70% u nead the homemenu on the 2ds loaded 1st wich u cant do and on ninjahax2.5 u nead to be over 9.0 not 8.1 wich is what you on so to fix this you can do that hard mod thing or you can hold up and a and r and L and start as it terns on to forse a update off the internet wich well put you on 10.5 and u cant hack or do the CFW any more i wode hardmod so i can stell use CFW but if you wish to update to 10.5 and not use CFW than ok

Last edited by SANNIC789,

Potato Hentai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so for ninjahax 1.1 to go past 70% u nead the homemenu on the 2ds loaded 1st wich u cant do and on ninjahax2.5 u nead to be over 9.0 not 8.1 wich is what you on so to fix this you can do that hard mod thing or you can hold up and a and r and L and start as it terns on to forse a update off the internet wich well put you on 10.5 and u cant hack do the CFW any more i wode hardmod so i can stell use CFW but if you wish to update to 10.5 and not use CFW than ok
use commas please or else you will sound like this okay you get it isn't this hard to read i think it is

Reactions: schrmh and Hayleia

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can hold up and a and r and L and start as it terns on to forse a update off the internet wich well put you on 10.5 and u cant hack or do the CFW any more
Well, maybe that's what his roommate meant by "starting fresh". That might be a solution.
In the other hand, I have this idea that I think it won't work, but who knows...
Have you tried pressing home after starting cubic ninja?
Does that try to go into the home menu? Perhaps it goes into the 3D configuration screen, but if so, maybe pressing home again gets you back into the game and with the menu semi-loaded perhaps the hack works.

PS: There's some rule stating the people should only speak English in the gbatemp forums, so please.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

StefanDesu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
(couldn't go to sleep without visiting the thread one more time...)

Well, maybe that's what his roommate meant by "starting fresh". That might be a solution.
In the other hand, I have this idea that I think it won't work, but who knows...
Have you tried pressing home after starting cubic ninja?
Does that try to go into the home menu? Perhaps it goes into the 3D configuration screen, but if so, maybe pressing home again gets you back into the game and with the menu semi-loaded perhaps the hack works.

PS: There's some rule stating the people should only speak English in the gbatemp forums, so please.
I think I mentioned it in one of my replies. I actually tried this, but I get an error when it starts the upgrade. We're not planning on using any hacks or custom firmware or something on this 2DS again, so the new FW wouldn't have been a problem.

Edit: Pressing home after starting Cubic Ninja just turns off the console immediately. I think the console is completely confused about this whole situation. :D

https://gbatemp.net/threads/verification-of-the-3d-screen-on-2ds.405351/page-2

Found this thread, might wanna give it a look.

Apparently this happens when you downgrade MSET to lower than 6.0 on a 2DS, as the first factory 2DS was shipped with 6.0.
If I understand it correctly, the only thing this thread is telling me is that a hardware mod is the only way...

Last edited by StefanDesu,

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you hard your nand back up or at least set up an emunand you can sill get it back by harmoding your console, then injecting the old sysnand or the emunand directly to it ( if you use your EmuNand , in case you format it after transfering it , it'll be bricked again so you should downgrade / upgrade after its done)

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ninjhax 1.X requires the browser, doesn't it? In that case, it probably doesn't work on OP's system because the browser isn't loaded when booting directly into a game.

StefanDesu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I sent Smealum an email, maybe he has another idea why ninjhax might not work. If he can't help either, I'm going to try the hardmod thing, can't be too hard...

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Ninjhax 1.X requires the browser, doesn't it? In that case, it probably doesn't work on OP's system because the browser isn't loaded when booting directly into a game.
My gut tells me this is the case. My gut has been wrong before, though.
Anyway OP, if you're gonna do the hardmod thing, the time is now. 10.5 is still the latest firmware and I hear 2DS systems are easier to hardmod than say, regular-sized O3DS systems. You can downgrade to 10.3, then back to 9.2, install some dank Menuhax and autoboot your favorite CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Poke the boner lol. +1