Broke my EmuMMC(I think) - Unsure how to recover saves - or if maybe I can recover the emuMMC itself?

JoelBella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I went to install a game earlier using awoo over USB, and after it ran for quite a while it said it failed and to remove the files using the system applet. I couldn't get the system applet to recognize the game though, the icon wasn't loading, so I opened tinfoil and used it to remove the game.

I then copied the game file to the sd card over USB with the switch on and running, and then asked Awoo to install from the SD card, it tried, and immediately gave an error. I've seen occasional errors from awoo before that resolved by just restarting the switch so I restarted it and now the atmosphere starts, I see the first colorful logo, then the second black and white atmosphere logo and that's it.

I'd love if I could just recover the emuMMC as is, but I'm guessing that's unlikely, so I'd really at least like to get the last 2 months of saves off of it if possible(I do have a backup of my saves from January of this year) so I can reinstall everything from scratch.

I found a few guides but they don't seem to be quite my situation, or I just don't understand the specific terms well enough to realize they are my situation. I am running with a static sized raw1 partition.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I went to install a game earlier using awoo over USB, and after it ran for quite a while it said it failed and to remove the files using the system applet. I couldn't get the system applet to recognize the game though, the icon wasn't loading, so I opened tinfoil and used it to remove the game.

I then copied the game file to the sd card over USB with the switch on and running, and then asked Awoo to install from the SD card, it tried, and immediately gave an error. I've seen occasional errors from awoo before that resolved by just restarting the switch so I restarted it and now the atmosphere starts, I see the first colorful logo, then the second black and white atmosphere logo and that's it.

I'd love if I could just recover the emuMMC as is, but I'm guessing that's unlikely, so I'd really at least like to get the last 2 months of saves off of it if possible(I do have a backup of my saves from January of this year) so I can reinstall everything from scratch.

I found a few guides but they don't seem to be quite my situation, or I just don't understand the specific terms well enough to realize they are my situation. I am running with a static sized raw1 partition.

First, backup your emuMMC with Hekate
(heck, while you‘re at it, backup you eMMC as well because you;ve not done it for a very long time, you sick little monkey, you!)

Next, here is a tut for extracting game save data from your *MMC:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/

Lastly, I think your SDCard might be having issues, but do the first steps and then let’s talk about this…

JoelBella

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, I will give this a try while I'm working in a few hours(and you are right, I haven't backed up my eMMC since I first did my switch...). I was thinking it might be a memory card issue, I've been thinking about getting a 512 card anyway, so I placed an order for one last night.
Post automatically merged:

Wanted to again say thank you, I've gotten all my saves extracted and should be able to setup the new Memory card when it arrives tomorrow and import them!

Last edited by JoelBella,
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao...